Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

On 12/28/2019 at 12:52 PM, Mizanurification said:

Saw The Lighthouse, meh. Overhyped boredom. 

Much like The Shining, if u liked The Shining maybe you will like it. There is even a scene similar to TS. 

usually i don't fastwatch movies, and this particular one, i was like, i had boarded the HypeTrain since it's first trailer, and when finally got to see it, men, disappointment all over, fast forwarded the sh*t out of it

Watched a few movies this past few days . .

Underground 6: I kinda liked it, top notch action, story could be better but would love a sequel.

Joker: I can see why this made a billion dollars, got me hooked til the end.

Rambo Last Blood: A good one time watch, nothing more nothing less.

The Wailing: Holy f*ck, I should watch more Korean films.

On 12/30/2019 at 8:59 AM, Big Boss said:

Saw Knives out. It was okay. Massively overrated.

On 12/30/2019 at 3:03 PM, The Batman said:

Agreed. Massively overrated. 

The Good Liar was a much better thriller and well acted movie than Knives Out. IMO.

So boring.. ?

Edited by Heaven Angel

Ford v Ferrari was fantastic. Loved every moment of it. Bale still got it. Damon was good as well. The pacing, acting, delivery, direction were all perfect. I can't find anything bad in the movie.

Probably my favorite movie of 2019. 

2 hours ago, dangalphthegrey said:

I thought Knives Out was great. 

Yeah. I'm surprised to see people not liking it much here.

I thought it was one of those movies that pretty much everyone would love.

On 1/1/2020 at 3:35 PM, adity said:

Finally got around to watching Irishman. It's a very different movie from what I expected but great nonetheless. The actors were all great especially Pacino. 

i liked the movie, but after scorsese's comment on marvel movies not being real cinema, i watched this movie as a proper "rando" :P critic and i didnt find it living up to scorsese hype of his story telling.

Edited by Freelancer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Freelancer said:

i liked the movie, but after scorsese's comment on marvel movies not being real cinema, i watched this movie as a proper critic and i didnt find it living up to scorsese hype of his story telling.

Since you consider yourself a "proper critic", surely you can come up with a better (and more objective) critique of the movie than just saying "storytelling didn't live up to the hype"?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Since you consider yourself a "proper critic", surely you can come up with a better (and more objective) critique of the movie than just saying "storytelling didn't live up to the hype"?

I just  wanted to express my feelings towards the movie in a compact way, and not write a comprehensive review. scorsese is proud of his story telling which was not impressive. unlike you, who is a critic of members posts, try to stay relevant and not wander into unnecessary details :P try to understand before assuming.. 

Edited by Freelancer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Freelancer said:

I just  wanted to express my feelings towards the movie in a compact way, and not write a comprehensive review. scorsese is proud of his story telling which was not impressive. unlike you, who is a critic of members posts, try to stay relevant and not wander into unnecessary details :P try to understand before assuming.. 

So a "proper critic" who can't even offer a proper critique. :lol:

Stop considering yourself that because you're just a rando with an opinion like the rest of us on this forum.

49 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

So a "proper critic" who can't even offer a proper critique. :lol:

Stop considering yourself that because you're just a rando with an opinion like the rest of us on this forum.

i guess there is a degree that you need to have to be considered  a proper critic, which i dont have, currently i am busy with my surgery degree :P and i have limited time to come here and take part in discussions. thanks to senior members like you who discourage rando's like me from participating... i am out of this thread.. :)

Edited by Freelancer
  • Like 1

Be nice guys. No reason to get mad. If you like X movie, that's good for you. Everyone here is to share their own opinion. 

Personally, I can't watch 3+ hour movies these days without falling asleep. ?

• Like 1