Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

The first movie was nerve wracking, to the point where I had to pause and take a break in between.  This one seems a bit more fast paced and action filled, might be easier on the nerves :P

If it's "Fast paced and action filled" it will flop. The entire charm of Quiet Place was exactly that - everything had to be quiet and you had to do everything without making a sound. It's also why the movie was better off in theaters and not at home where random noises are everywhere. Without that, it's Random Monster Movie #4842. And that's the exact vibe the trailer is giving me unfortunately :(

• Like 1

Zombieland: Double Tap was disappointing. ? First movie was so much better and enjoyable while this one was stupid. Evolved zombies did nothing in entire movie to show their evolved form. Movie felt like a bad fan service. 

Fighting with My Family - garbage. Like holy shite so bad. She was worse than models who showed up but one small terrible acted moment with family suddenly changed all. Friend and I just face-palmed all the way. How this shite so highly received by critics is beyond me. 

Good Boys -  another bad movie but at least it was so bad that it was fun for 30 minutes. Do 12 years talk trash like this.. Garbage. 

Klaus - surprisingly good. Usually not a fan of such animation style but this movie was wholesome. Very good Christmas and family movie. 

Also, re-watched the following

Hangover trilogy - can't believe a decade passed since the original. Always enjoyable to watch. So many moments.

Ocean's trilogy - say whatever you want but the cast make it work. Very charismatic with great chemistry. 

Dirty Dancing - Grey still sucks. Forgot how good Swayze looked. Damn. Somewhat still holds up to an extent if you are in mood.

Overboard (both) - never gets boring. Russell and Hawn were meant to be together. The remake has some boring bits and roles reversed but otherwise Faris and Derbez did a good job. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

I too saw Zombieland Double tap and loved it. The sarcastic humour was on point, and the new stereotypical girl character was hilarious. The way she describes her idea for Uber :rofl: The zombies actually are not the focus of the movie this time, it's the characters and their hilarious interactions. Emma Stone with her reactions and remarks was my favourite.

22 hours ago, roun90 said:

If it's "Fast paced and action filled" it will flop. The entire charm of Quiet Place was exactly that - everything had to be quiet and you had to do everything without making a sound. It's also why the movie was better off in theaters and not at home where random noises are everywhere. Without that, it's Random Monster Movie #4842. And that's the exact vibe the trailer is giving me unfortunately :(

Yup. Watching A Quiet Place in theaters was quite a unique experience. Never had I seen such silence in a theater before and the movie was the better for it.

If they pull an Aliens then more action and faster pacing can 100% work. And I really would rather have them try that even if they fail. 

I dont want to watch the first movie again in a different location and with a newer cast. What would be the point of that? 

Anna - A good spy thriller with a healthy dose of John wick style action sequences.
Rated - 8/10

Avengement - Scott Adkins at his best. He has vastly improved his acting. He needs to do more A list action movies. Story isn't great but fights are quite good.
Rated - 7/10

Zombieland Double Tap- Pointless sequel. There is no story at all and all attempts at humor falls flat. First part was so much fun and this is just plain boring. Best to avoid.
Rated - 4/10

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Ad Astra - good movie but there are some undigested scenes. The last (Neptune) scene was straight out of Rajnikant, I was like WTF! even Rajnikant wouldn't be able to pull this one :lol: and the best thing is, Brad Pitt did this with a straight face :lol:

Edited by dante77

Tom Hanks wins Cecil B. DeMille award. 

The highlight reel and speech was fantastic. 

___

Sam Mendes - Best Director - Motion Picture - 1917

Edited by Heaven Angel

Best Original Score - Motion Picture - Joker

Best Performance by an actor in a supporting role - Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood - Brad Pitt 

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy - Rocketman - Taron Egerton

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama - Joker - Joaquin Phoenix

Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood - Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy.

• Like 1

Atomic Blonde is a better movie compared to John Wick. Both are by the same director, but AB is better because: 

1. Charlize Theron

2. Berlin

3. James McAvoy 

4. The french operative

Also, caught one of the last shows of Ford V Ferrari. I thought it was okay, but over dramatised in places it needn't have been. The original story itself is quite fun. Anyway. Maybe I'll like it better at home.