Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

19 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

I still havent seen it (AB). Is it on Netflix or Prime?

Its for 50 bucks on Google Play. 

EDIT: 50 for SD rental, 100 for HD rental on Google/youtube and 150 for purchase.

https://www.justwatch.com/in/movie/atomic-blonde

Edited by Big Boss

Atomic Blonde is a better movie compared to John Wick. Both are by the same director, but AB is better because: 
1. Charlize Theron
2. Berlin
3. James McAvoy 
4. The french operative

Also, caught one of the last shows of Ford V Ferrari. I thought it was okay, but over dramatised in places it needn't have been. The original story itself is quite fun. Anyway. Maybe I'll like it better at home. 
I still havent seen it (AB). Is it on Netflix or Prime?
Hell no. Its not even a proper good movie to begin with. Its average at best. Comparing with John Wick is a disgrace.

Hope this was not a sarcasm.

56 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Its for 50 bucks on Google Play. 

Will probably be censored there though. Movies there have CBFC certificates attached to them.

36 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

Yeah, Must be a joke. Its not even comparable, also not the same director.

He actually co-directed the first John Wick but went uncredited.

No Time to Die: Hans Zimmer takes over as composer on Bond movie

Colin Farrell officially joins Matt Reeves' 'The Batman' as The Penguin

New Concept Art Images from James Cameron’s Upcoming ‘Avatar’ Films

xGeE9Jw.jpg

ggDEuN1.jpg

B1W4LZ7.jpg

DeCKEMp.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Wow I missed that AB better than John Wick post. WTF has happened here? First it was Dhan Dhana Dhan goal, then this. 2020 looking scary.

joe cool is no longer cool, thinks LOST is the best TV show and john wick is bad :P

he's more like joe senile ....

8 hours ago, Ne0 said:

joe cool is no longer cool, thinks LOST is the best TV show and john wick is bad :P

he's more like joe senile ....

I didn't say John Wick is bad? 

Hmm, got around John Wick movies and kind of disappointed. 

John Wick - good start with solid action

John Wick 2 - some more action but kind of felt weaker than previous part

John Wick 3 - lots of action...like entire movie while forgetting everything else

I really hate the fact we are 3 movies in and still 0% of the time has been spent on the (back) story and characters. While the action is top-notch and Keanu delivering every single time, the negatives still take away some of the fun. The dialogues were very minimal and bad. There is no tension, no buildup, no plot, nothing. Just 2 hours of non-stop killing and Halle Berry action scene felt bit long and dogs recycling same attack got old fast. The movies doesn't move a single step forward. 

That said, still enjoyable and action was done well. Given the lack of good action movies, this surely fills the gap. Hopefully the next chapter (probably 2 more given how they are progressing) will have a better plot/build up and explain everything. 

Haven't seen AB nor have any plans to watch it ever. Theron. ??

19 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

First Cow

and poster

7tt3izu0ck941.png

Kelly Reichardt once again trains her perceptive and patient eye on the Pacific Northwest, this time evoking an authentically hardscrabble early nineteenth century way of life. A taciturn loner and skilled cook (John Magaro) has traveled west and joined a group of fur trappers in Oregon Territory, though he only finds true connection with a Chinese immigrant (Orion Lee) also seeking his fortune; soon the two collaborate on a successful business, although its longevity is reliant upon the clandestine participation of a nearby wealthy landowner’s prized milking cow. From this simple premise Reichardt constructs an interrogation of foundational Americana that recalls her earlier triumph Old Joy in its sensitive depiction of male friendship, yet is driven by a mounting suspense all its own. Reichardt again shows her distinct talent for depicting the peculiar rhythms of daily living and ability to capture the immense, unsettling quietude of rural America.

Yes, John wick is a very bland movie full of good but non stop emotionless action which feels extremely forced and boring to me.

And dhan dhana dhan is love. (People would continue to bring it up :p )

No comparisons between the two though but feel welcome to do so if you unnecessarily want  :p

1 hour ago, adity said:

John wick is bland only if you hate action and style. Every shot in the movie oozes style and the action is expertly choreographed and captured with minimal cuts. The lore is absurd which if you ask me only adds to the charm of the series. 

The freaking Lore is what I am more interested in after part 3.