Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

2 hours ago, Defender487 said:

Any good movie to watch

Re-watched an old film I loved, just to show to it to some friends, had forgotten how incredible it was.

Coherence (2013), a sci fi thriller, low budget, brilliant acting, even better story.

You might want to check its trailer out if its your cup of tea.

50 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Re-watched an old film I loved, just to show to it to some friends, had forgotten how incredible it was.

Coherence (2013), a sci fi thriller, low budget, brilliant acting, even better story.

You might want to check its trailer out if its your cup of tea.

thanks bro

• Like 1

Watched a couple of movies this past weekend.

Jojo Rabbit - While a lot of the jokes didn't really land for me (especially from Waititi's Hitler), the rest of the movie was so full of charm and great performances that I wasn't hung up on it. The kids were fantastic and loveable, ScarJo was great and Sam Rockwell was as effortlessly brilliant as ever even in his small role.

It has some really good cinematography and a nice soundtrack too.

Would definitely recommend!

The Gentlemen - Thought it was strictly okay. While it was nowhere near as good as Snatch or Lock Stock, it was still moderately entertaining and even quite funny at times. It's just that nothing really stood out as great or memorable for me :\

Need to find some time to watch Uncut Gems next.

Has no one watched Parasite in theaters?

Saw Knives out and I am really not sure what the fuss was all about. Its just.....fine. There is literally nothing exceptional about it. 

Also feel like having James bond do a dumbshit awful sounding southern drawl was such a poor choice. His character would have worked so much better with his natural British accent, would have made him more exotic like Poirot. 

• Like 1

Just got to know that there's a Director's Cut of Doctor Sleep available right now (:fear1:) which adds about a half an hour of extra footage and brings the runtime to 3hrs.

I really liked the theatrical cut up until the climax and the ending which I thought were pretty f**king bad.

Anyway, the DC is apparently really good. So if anyone is planning to watch this movie, go for the DC. I personally can't be bummed to rewatch a movie when I've got such a huge backlog. Maybe I'll watch it a couple of months down the line.

Speaking of DC's, the DC of Midsommar is also available. Was holding out for this after reading about how much better it is than the theatrical. Wish I could've done the same with Doctor Sleep as well :\

Saw Jojo Rabbit, it was kinda charming and sad at the same time but not that funny. Dunno why people called it a comedy or even satire. Waititi's Hitler completely falls flat in comedy even though he was suppose to be a child's imagination. Heck the Hitler in Inglorious was funnier. The kid was amazing though and so was ScarJo.

Birds of Prey feels like one overlong music video with disposable music, cringey dialogues, one-dimensional characters, horrendous pacing and an uninspired script. Almost on the same level as Suicide Squad. . My screening was nearly empty for this while even original movies like Knives Out and Ford v Ferrari had more sold out tickets at the same theater when I watched them.

Edited by cyberpunk