Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Just finished watching it -

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Men_Who_Hate_Women.jpg

Very realistic and gripping swedish thriller .Its a murder mystery with a well written plot and gripping pace.Believable characters and equally good acting by the actors.Read up on wikipedia that its based on a swedish novel which is a part of triology and sequels are coming out in sept 09 (The Girl Who Played with Fire) and nov 09 ( The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest),hoping them to be as good as this one .

District 9 :bash:

A scifi story which manages to be mature. I did not like the gore and the shaky cam (its use could have been cut down by 50%) but brilliant movie otherwise.

Are you flying first class to hell or coach? :wOOtjumpy:

Watched 'A few good men'. I had heard about it a lot, but couldn't watch .... finally when I got hold of a dvd , couldn't resist. Totally worth it and shame on me for missing this out this long. Excellent movie , must watch.

PS: Only movie where demi moore doesn't look hot btw :wacko:

So thats put me in the mood for some more Asian stuff. JSA or Memories of Murder?

Both. Memories of Murder (flawless) first, JSA second (just watch out for the awful Swedish acting. Everything else is as expected, ie, f**king awesome).