Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

^^ from what i read, thats the sickest movie ever made....are there no censors anymore :P ? I mean, everything has a limit, to make a film on torturing a 8-13 old girl....damn ! Hope the director burns in hell !

^^ yeah, thats what every reviewer has said in IMDB, it seems it was adapted from a novel ! Even the legendary Stephen king admitted to saying that it was the most horrifying piece of work he has ever witnessed !

just a q: why do ppl watch such movies ? just to test their stomach ? I'm talking about ppl who watch these movies even after knowing its sick stuff. I'm sure as hell its not entertaining at least !

Hostel is the worst movie ever made. wanna be "extreme" movie. the aesthetics of the movie is way off. the film is nothing more than laughable, people just watched for the 'QT presents' tag. still can't believe Takeshi Miike was in the movie. there are 2 films in this world that i would ask my money back for "hostel" and "om shanti om" both a waste of celluloid.

people that know extreme cinema, know its not about the gore and the blood content. its about surpassing the human threshold of emotion.

People say Hostel is the goriest American movie, but I found it quite tolerable, in fact Saw 3 was more 'cringy' than Hostel. I liked the setting and atmosphere though.

Btw, why the credits say 'Quentin Tarantino presents' ? Afaik, he was just the influence behind it.

Hostel is the worst movie ever made. wanna be "extreme" movie. the aesthetics of the movie is way off. the film is nothing more than laughable, people just watched for the 'QT presents' tag. still can't believe Takeshi Miike was in the movie. there are 2 films in this world that i would ask my money back for "hostel" and "om shanti om" both a waste of celluloid.

people that know extreme cinema, know its not about the gore and the blood content. its about surpassing the human threshold of emotion.

What r u saying dude ? I was disturbed for more than a week after watching hostel :unsure: !

'torturing ppl for fun' - isn't that enuf to surpass the threshold of human emotion ? Maybe ur threshold of 'emotional disturbance' is higher ! Thinking of the jap girl and the guy who's Achilles tendons are cut, still makes me sick !

Edited by ..Ne0..

then if u found that movie remotely disturbing dude, i would strictly advise not watch any of the films i listed for sam. Hostel is like "my little pony" compared to them.

Edited by THEDIRECTOR

People say Hostel is the goriest American movie, but I found it quite tolerable, in fact Saw 3 was more 'cringy' than Hostel. I liked the setting and atmosphere though.

I totally agree, but chick n wh*re stuff in Hostel was good one!!

There isnt enough element in Hostel as there is in Saw series esp. in Saw3.

Edited by Chaztin

then if u found that movie remotely disturbing dude, i would strictly advise not watch any of the films i listed for sam. Hostel is like "my little pony" compared to them.

I'm not touching any of them even with a 10 foot long pole !

IMO SAW was more of a thriller, its not as violent as ppl make it out to be ! Only SAW 3 had lot of gore compared to the first 2, haven't seen SAW IV though !

Saw for available on net, but absolutely CAM version and same stuff available with pirated DVD stores, its nowhere in DVD stores!! Even I am looking for that one, Transformers and Ratatouille ( all original DVDs ).

I'm not touching any of them even with a 10 foot long pole !

Neo remember Hostel, when that guy cuts the ramining part of that Japanese girl's popped out badly burnt eye, and yellow slimy material comes out...hmmm??

^^, I like watching such movies...!!

Edited by Chaztin

^^, u cant just name one movie for that Neo, Indian film industry has a whole library of such movies...!! Om Shaanti Om is the latest one from among them!!

Edited by Chaztin

saw "GOAL"(dhan dhana dhan :roflroll2: ) today even though my goal was to watch "THE KINGDOM" as kingdom's show was cancelled due to less public(WTF?? :P )....anyways even goal had only 20ppl max....not a very bad movie as i expected just a bit overdone & long & having a boring start! a gud beginning is really necessary as it sets the stage for the entire movie....also was surprised to see d smooch between Bips & John as it wasnt publicised at all!

cheers.