Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

You like this new cruel Homer and the direction which Season 17 and 18 are taking? Mindless physical humor as filler space while nothing gets said from beginning to end, with plots running around in circles with no point? What was the point of including Bart's and Lisa's angles in the Simpsons movie? Bart never comes to term with all that's going on and actually makes the viewer feel SAD for him, which is SO unlike the Simpsons and Lisa's plot with the "I am not Bono's son" plot is thrown in because they couldn't have Lisa as a side character, as was Marge even. What was the point of the decidedly unfunny references to Harry Potter and Prison Break? It looks like everyone's favorite dysfunctional family just got a little TOO dysfunctional for comfort in the movie, which is something we REALLY don't want to see in the Simpsons. Never mind the absolute death-by-dull episodes that were the hallmark of Season 18!

• Like 1

I wasn't really much about the plot rather than the shift in the character's portrayals. The main people that I care about, Homer and Bart have had their characters substantially shifted from their previous personalities. I don't care too much about the plot, in fact, the plots have been nonsensically funny in the previous seasons, including the Amores Perros inspired time-spliced plot, which Homer himself, in a perfectly true, yet enjoyably funny way said, "Pfft! That plot made no sense at all!" and I LOVED IT! But when a mischief making Bart, whose very CHARACTER was built from the first episode to be a "10 years old, underachiever and proud of it, miscreant" as said by Nancy Cartwright herself fundamentally transforms his character to become a pained kid who goes around moping instead of designing elaborate traps to anger Angry Dad Homer, it's a bloody insult to all that the character has stood for in all these years. The I-Didn't-Do-It-Boy who fills out a psychometric form in a way to land his Dad in a mental asylum is now a broken husk of a kid who just trudges along from the beginning to end, apart from a few laughs at the obvious physical humor.

I could do the same analysis for all the characters and point how how the movie and the last few seasons have practically changed their personalities enough to actually make those Simpsons-look-alike actors in Burns' mansion in Burns' Heir seem better by comparison! I am a true fan, which is why it pains me so to watch the characters I have come to love morph into these... things. As for "WWHD?", that's the point exactly. Is what Homer does in the movie what the old Homer would do? :D

IMBender,

u know what u need ? a CHILL PILL !

I really dont get why are u blowing ur top off over a movie, but for what its worth, "the simpsons movie" was kickass, never bored me for a sec. Enuf said.

Peace :wacko:

Edited by Ne0ViniT

Like bleeding from every pore in your body as you are getting asphyxiated, even as a sadistic silverback gorilla smashes your head in with a rock and uses your brain as PlayDoh.

that bad eh?????

i am so glad i missed the movie........

Nah, not blowing my top at all. If I blew my top, you'd know it from a 2-page long post. :wacko: It's just that I got the feeling that after the movie, the only thought in my head was "18 years waiting for THIS?" After having religiously followed every episode from the first season, and becoming seriously upset with Season 18, I wanted the movie to be a lot more "grand movie-like" return-to-form rather than a 1.2 hour continuation of a Season 18 episode. Let's see how Season 19 pans off. I hope it gets better, I really do. There's no show on the planet I like more. :D

Pirated 'Simpsons' Tracked to Australian

The first known pirated copy of ''The Simpsons Movie'' to make it onto the Internet was tracked to a home raided by Australian police Friday, authorities said.

Police ordered a 21-year-old Sydney man to appear in a Sydney court in October when he will be formally charged, the Australian Federal Police said. Details of the likely charge and penalties have not been made public.

The Motion Picture Association industry group said the investigation involved News Corp.'s Twentieth Century Fox movie studio, Australian police and the private investigation group Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft.

The federation said the illegal ''Simpsons'' copy was the first on the Internet and was recorded by a cell phone in a Sydney cinema on July 26 - hours before its release in most of the world. Officials said the movie was uploaded to a video-sharing site based in the United States before it hit U.S. theaters July 27.

''Within 72 hours of making and uploading this unauthorized recording, AFACT had tracked it to other streaming sites and P2P (peer-to-peer) systems, where it had been illegally downloaded in excess of 110,000 times, and in all probability, copied and sold as a pirate DVD all over the world,'' AFACT executive director Adrianne Pecotic said.

Based on the long-running television show, ''The Simpsons Movie'' follows Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie as they flee enraged neighbors in Springfield, after Homer dumps waste from his new pet pig into a lake and causes an environmental crisis.

Yeah, funny that. While the rest of the internet is terrorized by the MPAA and the RIAA, the Chairman's son who pirates videos and music is just given a "talking to" by his father. Why didn't he get served and arrested? F***ing bureaucrats, all of them.

jump into antartic n spend a day there or leave for artic n spend a week there, IM u really need a coolant.....

if u wanna change the world, start frm urself!

Sam helped me a lot to change, learn frm him or take my advise!