Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

@Daedalus: You picked the best one.

very.........unpredictable ending. :(

"I don't hit women. I would never hit a woman, Chloe. I'd hit a woman who's trying to hit me with her bottle, that's different, that's self defense, isn't it? ...Or a woman who could do karate. I would never hit a woman generally."

Either get Clerks 1 or 2. Or Jay and silent bob strike back.

All three are brilliant, though Clerks 1 is the best of the bunch. And this time I guarantee you wont be the only one laughing.

clerks 1 is a laugh riot, haven't watched the sequel :sign_offtopic: Isn't jay and silent bob charactrers in clerks 1 ? Didn't know they had their own movie :furious:

clerks 1 is a laugh riot, haven't watched the sequel :P Isn't jay and silent bob charactrers in clerks 1 ? Didn't know they had their own movie :wub:

Clerks 2 is also quite good. Not as good as 1 like Karthik says but still very enjoyable. Jay and silentbob (same guys in Clerks 1) movie is much better than Clerks 2.

But if you like Clerks then Clerks 2 and Jay and silent bob are both must watch.

BTW the current qoute in my sig is from Clerks 2. Jay says it. :O

Edited by Aftrunner

I'm not that big a fan of Kevin Smith.. :|

A bit too self consciously twee if you ask me. Of course, that could have been what he was going for. It just doesn't do it for me though :|

Edited by keyofx

Most of the other stuff by KS is very average (Jersey girl and that other film with the Lesbian chick in it). But Clerks 1 was brilliant. It was nothing extravagant or insightful. Its just sharp and clever comedy. Clerks 2 was almost as good.

Jay and silent bob is a differant kind of comedy, its more crass and crude at times (kinda like Scary movie) but it also works.

So yeah three good films.

Speaking of crass and crude. I saw Towelhead over the weekend, and I've never felt this uneasy watching a film :| Not, with ANY of the genre nonsense I watch when I get time/appropriate company (like Ilsa: She-Wolf of the SS LOLOLOLOLOL).

I think it was mostly because Summer Bishil DOES NOT HAVE THE BODY OF A 20 YEAR OLD. 15 MAYBE, TOPS. GOOD GOD :|

Just saw slumdog millionaire..

First half of the movie was much better than the second.. 2nd half is too hindi-movie style, all the plot twists were totally predictable, totally below my expectations and anil kapoor has to be the biggest douche bag on the planet :bigyellowgrin:

loved the music score in the movie , but the movie itself is grossly overrated and below my expectations

rating : 6.5 / 10

Just saw slumdog millionaire..

First half of the movie was much better than the second.. 2nd half is too hindi-movie style, all the plot twists were totally predictable, totally below my expectations and anil kapoor has to be the biggest douche bag on the planet :dance:

loved the music score in the movie , but the movie itself is grossly overrated and below my expectations

rating : 6.5 / 10

Are we talking in the movie or real life? :dance: You should see some of his interviews on the local news channels. The interviewer(s) stroke his ego with all the good press the movie has got and he just sits there with a smug expression like he's Al Pacinos brother or something. Oh no, I can't walk in LA without people coming up to me and praising me. FVCKING MORON, hardly anyone has seen it because it isn't OUT YET (not widely at least).

And the movie may be predictable for us, but not to the west, which sees Bollywood as a quaint little diversion. This is aimed at them and they'll just lap it up. lol.

Edited by keyofx