Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

I am a big deadpool fan, hav loads of his comics, most notably the cable/DP run, so i have good reasons to skip this movie. As for the sequel potentially being set in Japan, correct me if i am wrong but wasnt a major part of Logan's life spent in Japan, before he met Xavier ?? They should have used that as a premise in this movie rather then stuffing useless stuff.

if you're a deadpool fan then DO NOT watch the bundle of crap that is the wolverine movie...you'll really regret it if you do :thumbsup:

a major part of Logan's life was spent in Japan, before he met Xavier ?? They should have used that as a premise in this movie rather then stuffing useless stuff.

Technically he doesn't

meet Xavier in this movie

. According to the movies' timeline he meets Xavier in the first X-Men. So that could still work with the sequel being set in Japan.

Wolverine is worth watching once. It's a good action/super-hero flick and the action scenes are very well executed without a single shaky-cam moment in sight. The final battle is very cool if you overlook the indiscrepency.

if you're a deadpool fan then DO NOT watch the bundle of crap that is the wolverine movie...you'll really regret it if you do :D

yep i am contemplating it too. but as a delhite (as you can attest) i hav been deprived of many movies in the past 3 months due to the multiplex strikes. Let see..

as for deadpool, i wasnt a big fan earlier (i am more a DC guy, BATMAN FTW :thumbsup:) but really got into him after playing (as him) Marvel UA on ps2. then i sourced his hard to find comics. Awesome character.

Edited by Nemo

it even had the iconic hindi abuse "behen***d". First and only mainstream hollywood movie to have such.

Loved the movie. :naughty:

WTF???? was i sleeping during the movie??? :samui::chair: which part of the movie is this in???

dag nam it!!!!

WTF???? was i sleeping during the movie??? :ko::wallbash: which part of the movie is this in???

dag nam it!!!!

It's the part where Leo beats up the two guys from Providence trashing a store in the process. The store owner (who is Indian) gets mad and says the word, something on the lines of "what the hell are you doing!? Oye BC!"... LOL

Bad news for the Indian release of TF2. Ice Age 3 is releasing worldwide (including India) on July 3rd. TF2 may get pushed back again to make room for it. Ice Age definitely has a much wider appeal. People went crazy when the trailer came up while I was out to watch Wolverine, laughing madly at jokes that weren't even half funny.

It's the part where Leo beats up the two guys from Providence trashing a store in the process. The store owner (who is Indian) gets mad and says the word, something on the lines of "what the hell are you doing!? Oye BC!"... LOL

it actually goes like "Oye, kya kar raha hai BC"

i was pretty shocked to hear it, had to pause and replay the scene 3-4 times to be sure that it is the word i think it is.

ohhh yea i thought i heard him abuse.... wan't too sure thou.... me thinks i mussta been half asleep.... :wacko: watching movies in the 'noon makes me sleepy :cheers:

^^ LOL you should be blaming yourself in that case! For taking recommendations from pushy... :thumbdown:

BTW got my hands on the Transformers: ROTF score by Steve Jablonsky. I couldn't wait for it since I'm a HUGE fan of the score from the first movie (Arrival To Earth, Autobots, Bumblebee, Scorponok, You're A Soldier Now are permanent members of my iPod playlist). I found score for ROTF to be a bit underwhelming compared to the first but this might change when I see the music used in the context of the movie. There are a few standout tracks though - "Prime" and "Nest" (which features cues from the Linkin Park song and I'm pretty sure it's gonna sound awesome in the movie).

^^ or that Street Fighter movie with Van Damme.

Anyway, I still have to watch the new trailer (Youtube blocked at office :cry:). I love G.I. Joe and I'm gonna support the movie unless it has zero redeeming qualities. Either way, Sienna Miller in the Baroness' costume is worth the price of admission alone.