Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

the biggest mistake was making percy into a teenager - he's supposed to be 12! two reasons to watch this movie - special fx and refresher course on greek mythology before gow3

God no - it was absolute rubbish as an adaptation. It was a good action movie but took like 3% of the book. 3 Idiots copied more from 5.some1 than bourne identity.

I think The Godfather movie was better than the book. The book was frankly boring in bits that stretched on.

I think The Godfather movie was better than the book. The book was frankly boring in bits that stretched on.

Agreed. The book just seems a little, I dunno, crass. Puzo's writing style never works for me.

Also on the subject, Shawshank redemption. Again a lot better than the short story/novella.

@Dante oh ok. Hopefully that one makes it in 3D over here.

How is the movie compared to the first one?

A bit....just a bit lower than the first one...but the ending was like....DDDAAAMMMNNNN!!!!!!

A bit....just a bit lower than the first one...but the ending was like....DDDAAAMMMNNNN!!!!!!

There is absolutely no way it was lower then the first one, if anything, it was on par. End? Everything was fun, finally some guns and those FIRST PERSON moments like the one in the vents. This is probably the only sequel in a long time that delivered the thrills and never got carried away because of the fame...

Mindblasting FUN :)

i dunno man.. the Godfather the book was soo much better for me. it had soo much more detail. infact the movie for me was not a big deal. i was like.. mm nice but..certainly not the best iv seen. maybe cz i'd read the book b4 but.. :)

I watched the movie Rann today finally and I am totally blown away. I don't know if many of you'll have seen it but I highly recommend it. This movie was simply amazing and the acting overall was just mindblowing. Amitabh Bachhan never fails to deliver. At this age, he still gives such powerful performances and is definitely one of the best actors out there. Great work by Riteish Deshmukh and the others as well. The plot was so different and the execution was top class. Right from the start this movie looked promising and was pretty straightforward without any song and dance sequence, etc. A must watch for anyone here who watches Hindi movies.

:doh:

[Rec] 2 - Not as good as the first, but still very watchable.

Liked: The ending. Also liked that they're sticking with the possession angle.

Disliked: All the shouting. Too many braindead decisions by everyone involved. Why bring a team of THREE spec ops chaps into the building in the first place? The Vatican should have requisitioned ten times that many at the very least. Why didn't the priest get out, recuperate and then go back in? WTF.

Edited by keyofx