Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Hmm not entirely happy with the casting of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman (although her in a tight catsuit can certainly make my Dark Knight rise). But I have faith. I didnt really think Heath Ledger would be a good call for the Joker either but I was way, way off the mark with that.

Edited by Aftrunner

Nobody can fill Ian Mckellen's shoes, but the helmet looks absolutely ridiculous on that guy

That helmet is just downright silly. He looks like some 19 year old kid thrust into world war II battlefield with an oversized helmet on him. :doh: An insult to the aura Magneto has.

Hmm not entirely happy with the casting of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman (although her in a tight catsuit can certainly make my Dark Knight rise).

You got that right brotha o/

what the epic f**k? Where ma snikt? or this a story before him?

wolverine is a part of x men, not the whole xmen :ack:

the xmen movies were all about him. good that he is missing from this. btw this is not meant to have logan in the first place. This telsl about the origin of the X men, rather the relationship btw magneto and charles xavier. as evident by the hair on prof. X's head, this movie is supposed to be the very first beginning of the group

That helmet is just downright silly. He looks like some 19 year old kid thrust into world war II battlefield with an oversized helmet on him. :doh: An insult to the aura Magneto has.

err.. the dude is supposed to be a young magneto. and the helmet is not there for aesthetics, it saves him from xavier mind f**king him; he has to start wearing it somewhere :|

she is versatile. Go watch havoc, bad movie but she plays the sex starved spoiled rich kid well. She can act all sultry and will fill up the catwoman costume pretty neat.

hyped !!

also, tom hardy.. as bane. well the guy is not really big but then again, Nolan's batman-verse is not a 1 to 1 correlation with batman comics, so he can work around it. I liked him in rock n rolla and inception. Time to hit the gym mr. hardy.

Well Bane doesn't need to be as jacked up as he looks in comics when he isn't on Venom, so I guess Hardy passes the test there. Though I sure hope they don't make bane out to be as comical as he was in Batman and Robin :rofl:

Havoc is WIN for Hathway's boobies :bigyellowgrin::giggle:

But her acting was okay. Anyway I'm more interested in a real gritty version of Bane. I hope they actually make him really smart. He's supposed to be one of Batman's smartest villains. Don't believe that stupid Joel Schumacher movie where's he's reduced to a numbskull.

Perfect, firm, not too big, just the right size and shape.... wait I'm talking about Bane's casting ;)

Yes, Bane's supposed to be damn smart, not some imbecile. So much so that while Ra's was out trying to spread The Clench, he made Bane his heir - the only other person he'd ever considered as a suitor for Talia Al Ghul. Besides his intelligence is evident in several story arcs, not just his origin.

-make him give batman a royal, bone crunching, balls to the walls, proper ol' fashioned beatdown w/o any outside help; to introduce him as the badass that he is.

Which would of course be in keeping with the events of Knightfall. o/

Though they do fight alongside each other in some story arcs. :scratchchin:

err.. the dude is supposed to be a young magneto. and the helmet is not there for aesthetics, it saves him from xavier mind f**king him; he has to start wearing it somewhere :|

Young magneto can't have looked that silly still. A better fitting helmet at the very least. :doh:

As for emma frost.... well, in the comics, she's mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm aaaah frost :wub: , here she kinda looks like some cougar :P

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire

wolverine is a part of x men, not the whole xmen :ack:

the xmen movies were all about him. good that he is missing from this. btw this is not meant to have logan in the first place. This telsl about the origin of the X men, rather the relationship btw magneto and charles xavier. as evident by the hair on prof. X's head, this movie is supposed to be the very first beginning of the group

bet that the movie ends with X losing all his hair. remember rogue from the first movie?

Well Bane doesn't need to be as jacked up as he looks in comics when he isn't on Venom, so I guess Hardy passes the test there. Though I sure hope they don't make bane out to be as comical as he was in Batman and Robin :rofl:

batman and robin had bat nipples.. that alone tells one all that is to know about the movie. nolan wont be that daft :)

Which would of course be in keeping with the events of Knightfall. o/

Though they do fight alongside each other in some story arcs. :scratchchin:

yeah kinghtfall is one awesome arc. hope to see a movie or a pg13 animated take on that alone. They have fought alongside, yes.. in the legacy arc but a 2.30 hr movie is hardly the time for some bro-mance