Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

bikki.... where r u finding these movies??? :ko:

:naughty:

But seriously this has to be one of the best movies I have ever seen. Hayao Miyazaki is a master, he really conveys so much through his movies.

I almost cried at the end :fear:

Saw Enemy at the Gates. Its a good movie. Well depicted the Stalingrad war. But the end was disappointing. :( It was the not the same in War of the Rats (book) , it was much better

So my recommendation did work and you did read the book ha beech, good going :cheers:

Yeah actually if you read the book and then go to watch the movie, its sheer disappointment, the fact is that these guys could have made enemy at the gates a huge hit if only they could have a better cast, i mean seriously jude law ki mKc apart frm that, they dont establish the whole development in his skills that zaietsev has and the fact tht he ran a sniper academy as well in WWII, they shld have concentrated on tht, the director basically like full on idiot concentrated on the duel and even that wasnt as awesome as the one in the book, anyways :harhar:

So my recommendation did work and you did read the book ha beech, good going :cheers:

Yeah actually if you read the book and then go to watch the movie, its sheer disappointment, the fact is that these guys could have made enemy at the gates a huge hit if only they could have a better cast, i mean seriously jude law ki mKc apart frm that, they dont establish the whole development in his skills that zaietsev has and the fact tht he ran a sniper academy as well in WWII, they shld have concentrated on tht, the director basically like full on idiot concentrated on the duel and even that wasnt as awesome as the one in the book, anyways :harhar:

yo dudebro throw some recommendations here as well.. some good WW2 stuff

Edited by Nemo

with the kind of movies he's making now a days SLB is surely gonna give RGV competition. WTF is the point of Guzaarish?. somebody tell SLB, lavish sets, moody lighting =! good film.

Guzarish was pathetic, the movie had no plot, stupidness FTW

http://www.thevigilidiot.com/2010/11/26/guzaarish/

yo dudebro throw some recommendations here as well.. some good WW2 stuff

Books-- Helmet for my pillow,With the old breed , War of the Rats ( the first two are written by Veterans ) and war of the rats is based on true facts and the author writes it as if he was right there, anyways this aint the book thread so wont go into much details :fear:

Movies -ahh not alot of good movies are based on WW II which is kinda sad given the fact that it was a WORLD WAR ,seriously i mean the directors make movies on dragons, talkin frogs and sh*t but still dont venture out to create WW epicness, not alot of ww movies come up to my mind though , just a few like, Enemy at the gates ( its kinda disappointing if you read "war of the rats" ) inglorious basterds ,valkyrie then their were a few mid budget films directed by a director that showcased the killings that took place and the way the soldiers survived during the war, it ws a neat movie, dont remember the name, been a effing long time, apart frm that the only mini series that comes to my mind is The pacific and Band of brothers, but I guess that you must have seen them :threatenlumber:

Edited by VyCe

+1 (Saawariya comes to mind!)

with the kind of movies he's making now a days SLB is surely gonna give RGV competition. WTF is the point of Guzaarish?. somebody tell SLB, lavish sets, moody lighting =! good film.

Yea and people call Dhobi Ghat art. :doh:

Guzarish was pathetic, the movie had no plot, stupidness FTW

No story ? wtf !!

If anything the story was the best part about the movie.

Can't believe I called you Smartchap once.. :eyebrow:

Dude, Guzarish is a good movie..there is a story, there are performances and though it's not a masala bollywood entertainer it touches you.