Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

8 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Yup; I love it. Not as much of a Marvel Fan anymore. But it's difficult to produce an entire franchise in this manner. The Dark Knight was brilliant and (IMO) head and shoulders above anything Marvel produced. But Marvel made tons of movies with OK quality while DC made 1 -2 brilliant movies. It's easy to churn out quantity when you have a formula. But making brilliant movies like TDK or Logan - That's tough and not always possible.

Depending on such brilliant movies is good for critics and the audience, but not exactly conducive to establishing an entire DC franchise

Agree with everything you've said.

And I really don't mind if they stop going for a shared universe and just produce standalone movies and trilogies.

Problem with DCEU or DCCU was that they rushed everything horribly to have a Justice League movie. And the movie itself turned out to be a dumpster fire. There was so much potential. But Marvel on the other hand, developed their cinematic universe in a way that no one could. Imagine telling someone a decade ago that an Avengers movie will be the biggest movie of all time. They turned unpopular characters into popular ones. 

I think from now on WB/DC will focus on more elseworld stories.

Edited by cyberpunk

So Knives Out will be releasing in November.

The same month in which Terminator: DF and Ford v Ferrari are coming out.

Also the same month in which Jedi: Fallen Order, NFS: Heat, Death Stranding, Planet Zoo and Doom Eternal are coming out.

And also the same month in which Rick and Morty S4 and The Mandalorian are coming out.

Holy f**k! Can a single month get any more awesome than this? :panic:

So I finally saw John Wick 3. Absolutely loved it. I have a question though:

Halle Berry's dog gets shot by GoT guy, but then in the next fight she has two dogs fighting for her. So did she 3 dogs OR that dog didn't die by the gun shot because of his vest?

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

So I finally saw John Wick 3. Absolutely loved it. I have a question though:

Hide contents

Halle Berry's dog gets shot by GoT guy, but then in the next fight she has two dogs fighting for her. So did she 3 dogs OR that dog didn't die by the gun shot because of his vest?

Regarding spoiler 
Second option. The Vest

On 9/10/2019 at 2:06 PM, Big Boss said:

Oh so all that massacre was almost for nothing lol.

I always assumed bronn went for the kill, and would have taken a second shot when he realized the vest kept the doggo safe. Halle decides to take the initiative and retaliate before bronn went for the killshot.

On 9/9/2019 at 10:21 AM, Krazyniks said:

Saw Chhichhore yesterday and enjoyed it a lot . Was initially skeptical but after reading so many good reviews decided to go for it . It's a superb comedy film with a good moral lesson . Whole audience kept laughing from start to the end . Sushant was decent in his role while Shraddha didn't have much to do or say .  It's the supporting cast which really shines in the movie  .Varun Sharma was superb in his role as Sexa . Other actors played their part nicely as well . Overall a very good fun filled entertainer . 

Yes a very well made movie indeed, just returned and really happy that we have finally started to get good movies in Bollywood. 

Some of the scenes reminded me straight of my college days.. 

Reviews out for The Lighthouse

Average Rating: 8.69/10

• By turns funny, sinister, haunting, historically fascinating and mythical, "The Lighthouse" is one of the best films of the year.
  • You will be dreaming of beards, corncob pipes, blinding light, and tentacles for days. Consider that a warning, or an enticement.
  • While it's ultimately a bit too self-conscious to provoke the existential dread and true terror of the best films like it, it's still an impressive accomplishment thanks to Eggers' fearlessness and a pair of completely committed performances.
  • It leaves you dazed, terrified and elated, and it signals Eggers as one of the most exciting directors working today.
  • A psychological nightmare that gnaws at the brain long after the disturbing final image assaults the retina.
  • You don't watch The Lighthouse. You absorb it. Pattinson and Dafoe are like caged animals slinking around the perimeter, testing each other's resolve before pouncing.
  • The two stormy performances by Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson that are so touched by madness that the cracks in their unblinking stares, and crusty whiskers, cast an unreality all their own.
  • There is something of Mikhail Bakhtin's carnivalesque in the way things transpire: a free revelry in what is base, taboo and profane, right down to the coded foreplay within Pattinson and Dafoe's later interactions.
  • It is buckwild and vivid, funny and freaky.

9 hours ago, AtheK said:

Yes a very well made movie indeed, just returned and really happy that we have finally started to get good movies in Bollywood. 

Some of the scenes reminded me straight of my college days.. 

Yeah it does remind you of your college / hostel life memories.

Also the movie started off slowly but has picked up a lot  because of good word of mouth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Reviews out for The Lighthouse

Average Rating: 8.69/10

• By turns funny, sinister, haunting, historically fascinating and mythical, "The Lighthouse" is one of the best films of the year.
  • You will be dreaming of beards, corncob pipes, blinding light, and tentacles for days. Consider that a warning, or an enticement.
  • While it's ultimately a bit too self-conscious to provoke the existential dread and true terror of the best films like it, it's still an impressive accomplishment thanks to Eggers' fearlessness and a pair of completely committed performances.
  • It leaves you dazed, terrified and elated, and it signals Eggers as one of the most exciting directors working today.
  • A psychological nightmare that gnaws at the brain long after the disturbing final image assaults the retina.
  • You don't watch The Lighthouse. You absorb it. Pattinson and Dafoe are like caged animals slinking around the perimeter, testing each other's resolve before pouncing.
  • The two stormy performances by Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson that are so touched by madness that the cracks in their unblinking stares, and crusty whiskers, cast an unreality all their own.
  • There is something of Mikhail Bakhtin's carnivalesque in the way things transpire: a free revelry in what is base, taboo and profane, right down to the coded foreplay within Pattinson and Dafoe's later interactions.
  • It is buckwild and vivid, funny and freaky.

Pattinson has shown himself to be more than a pretty face. Looking forward to it !