Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HundredProofSam

Movie Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

From the article @STICK3Rboy posted, the most important part -

 

The inability to reach a new deal also prevented Holland’s Spider-Man from appearing in any more Marvel Studios movies, which is a significant loss to the studio, given how key the character has been in recent MCU movies. Under the new deal, “Sony is believed to have proposed keeping the arrangement under the current terms,” according to Variety.

 

Now this is the most important part. Shows how to stand up to bullies, and even shows the giant that is Mickey Mouse is not invulnerable. Stand your ground to bullies and always be in the clear. Amazing message there.

 

Also clears the doubt for all those who were claiming that Spiderman was not important at all to MCU, that MCU/Disney can do very well without it and that Sony should have bent over backwards for the "privilege" of having Spiderman in the MCU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disney already gets merchandise sales which is in billions as Spider-Man sells the most merchandise and now they will also get 25% from the box office takes. Sony got major backlash last month as #BoycottSony and #BringSpideyback was trending on social media for days. So this deal works well for both companies because Sony already lost Bond franchise to Universal and now Spider-Man is their only big cash cow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Disney already gets merchandise sales which is in billions as Spider-Man sells the most merchandise and now they will also get 25% from the box office takes. Sony got major backlash last month as #BoycottSony and #BringSpideyback was trending on social media for days. So this deal works well for both companies because Sony already lost Bond franchise to Universal and now Spider-Man is their only big cash cow.

 

That was why they had the original deal in the first place. It was Disney who got greedy and wanted to take movie sales too - especially when Sony was the one actually footing the bill to make the movies in the first place.

 

And huge lol at those so called "Boycotters". Would not have worked at all. Sony video games are too popular, some times even more than Spiderman MCU movies (which frankly were pretty average, unlike say Into the Spiderverse which actually had creativity and was pretty funny).

 

I even remember people calling for Disney to acquire Sony. Which was even more lol-worthy. These people were not even realizing that Disney acquiring Sony would have led to Disney going bankrupt the next day, since investment would have been huge. And Sony is in too many businesses that Disney have absolutely no idea how to operate, such as Cameras, TVs etc. Many of which are in financial trouble to boot.

 

All this so they could see their precious Spiderman stand next to Nick Fury and be the next Iron Man of all things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When people said Disney should buy Sony it meant that Disney should buy Sony pictures division not the whole company. Apart from Spiderman Sony pictures don't have any big property which they can bank on. To brink big revenue They just got lucky with venom and jumanji. Sony pictures was supposedly on the chopping block before the mcu deal happened, so it's not some random theory. 

 

 

And even if hypothetically Disney buys the whole of Sony (never happening bcoz Japan govt) they're not going to change the whole management so in short term of 2-3 years they'll be fine and probably make more money. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

When people said Disney should buy Sony it meant that Disney should buy Sony pictures division not the whole company. Apart from Spiderman Sony pictures don't have any big property which they can bank on. To brink big revenue They just got lucky with venom and jumanji. Sony pictures was supposedly on the chopping block before the mcu deal happened, so it's not some random theory. 

 

 

And even if hypothetically Disney buys the whole of Sony (never happening bcoz Japan govt) they're not going to change the whole management so in short term of 2-3 years they'll be fine and probably make more money. 

 

First up, Sony Pictures is registered in America, but is owned by Sony Film Industry Inc., which is a wholly owned Subsidiary of Sony Corp., the parent company. So unless Sony says Sony pictures is for sale, it is not. You literally have to buy Sony Corp. (The Parent Company) to buy Sony Pictures.

 

Second, Sony does have really valuable properties - other than Spiderman. We just have not seen good movies with those properties much in recent times. Jumanji, Men In Black, Ghost Busters, Karate Kid, Dan Brown's Movies (Da Vinci Code etc.), Stuart Little and animations like Hotel Transylvania and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs all belong to Sony. They are not doing much with it, but just get 1 set of amazing director, writer and actors and the franchises have the potential to become huge. Spiderman is just the largest recognizable name among the franchises that Sony owns.

 

Heck, I would even think that this entire fiasco was an attempt by Disney/Pixar to get back Spiderman rights, i.e. especially the rights to Into the Spiderverse and the animation tech and storylines used there.

 

Wonder why people just keep on criticizing Sony for it's Spiderman Movies but forget Spiderman 1 and 2 - which actually started the Superhero movies in the first place and Into the Spiderverse, which IMO is the best Spiderman movie, far better than the MCU ones. Heck if you even look at the Storyline for Spiderman PS4 with the Sinister Six, we can see the potential Sony has to truly create absolute magic with Spiderman movies, so long as they just properly focus.

Edited by roun90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 1:48 PM, Big Boss said:

So I finally saw John Wick 3. Absolutely loved it. I have a question though:

 

 

  Hide contents

Halle Berry's dog gets shot by GoT guy, but then in the next fight she has two dogs fighting for her. So did she 3 dogs OR that dog didn't die by the gun shot because of his vest?

 

where is your attention to detail mennnnnn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Spidey back in MCU and will continue to be Nick Fury's bitch. What a waste.

 

I am gonna tell you what I tell my brain dead CSGO team mates when I want them to Rush B. 

 

34ou8h.png

Edited by Aftrunner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aftrunner said:

I am gonna tell you what I tell my brain dead CSGO team mates when I want them to Rush B. 

 

apestogetherstrong.jpg

 

WB after making Justice League:

 

3S5cdBO.gif

 

 

Anyway, I'm actually kinda glad Spidey's back in the MCU. Mainly because the otherwise messed-up continuity in the next movie would've really peeved me.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was inevitable 

 

Spiderman & BlackPanther were built from the get go to be the next big two of the MCU once Iron Man & Captain America would retire 

 

they can’t afford to let go all that momentum 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...