Sign in to follow this  
HundredProofSam

Movie Discussion Thread

9 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Been to the movies a lot recently, with Joker and Weathering with You and The Sky is Pink. 

Next watch at the hall will be this. I like the book, but the movie might be better!

Yet another adaptation!

But this one looks... different.

Saw 

8 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Hmm whats the point of studios announcing movies so well in advance?Thats still 2.5 years from now and a lot of things can change. :|

For investor/business reasons. Big budget movies are often announced early by big publishing houses.

Edited by Mysteryman

7 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Saw Terminator Dark Fate. Pretty good movie. Lots of awesome fight/chase scenes. Finally a good Terminator movie after many flops.

Remember that the movies after 2 is non-canon. It is practically a reboot.  

Yes, enjoyed it a lot. Went with insanely low expectations but the movie surprised the f**k out of me. At times I was pinching myself to check whether I really was watching a good terminator movie. 

Also its a direct sequel to T2, hope thats not a spoiler :P 

Watched Terminator: Dark Fate.

Thought it was pretty bad. It's pretty much a rehash of the first two Terminator movies. Only now it's tired, predictable and significantly worse! Not sure if it was the writing or the acting but the whole setup now sounds like a bunch of nonsense too.

I just couldn't give a sh*t about anyone or anything in the movie. I thought what they did with Arnold's character was kinda amusing but it wasn't explored nearly enough as much as it should have.

Ohh and all the cuss words are censored too (with either mutes or stupid replacements). Yup...all. For some reason they decided to go for a UA rating in India for an R-rated movie. It significantly lowers the impact of many dialogues.

And barring the first highway chase sequence (which was pretty good), nothing really stands out in the action department either.

Can't believe I got suckered into watching a new Terminator movie.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

Well it is significantly better than 4 and 5 in many ways.  If you expect Terminator to have the same quality of Avengers or any Oscar movie then it is not going to happen. Not inspiring or memorable but it was a good time pass movie. 

when is the last time a R-rated movie was released in Indian theatres? The same is also happening in Prime and Netflix too. Any nudity or gore scenes are edited out.  Other than language, they also cropped the butt scenes out (remember the trailer).  

Have not seen Joker yet so I don’t know how much is edited out. I never watch an R-rated movie in a theatre since I am aware of the censor nature here. 

12 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Well it is significantly better than 4 and 5 in many ways.  If you expect Terminator to have the same quality of Avengers or any Oscar movie then it is not going to happen. Not inspiring or memorable but it was a good time pass movie. 

when is the last time a R-rated movie was released in Indian theatres? The same is also happening in Prime and Netflix too. Any nudity or gore scenes are edited out.  Other than language, they also cropped the butt scenes out (remember the trailer).  

Have not seen Joker yet so I don’t know how much is edited out. I never watch an R-rated movie in a theatre since I am aware of the censor nature here. 

R rated movies definitely release here. It is just that in Terminator's case, distributors went with UA rating as that is obviously more appealing commercially. 

46 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Deadpool 2, Logan, John wick 3, etc