Sign in to follow this  
HundredProofSam

Movie Discussion Thread

Watched Knives Out.

Sharp writing, editing and some really good performances make it a highly entertaining movie!

Yes, Rian Johnson does his "expectation subversion" again. I personally love it and I loved it here as well as the movie was overall very well put together.

And judging by all the audible crowd reactions throughout the movie and also the round of applause it got at the end, I can safely say that it is very much a crowd-pleaser as well.

Just go watch the movie. You're sure to have a good time.

3 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Damn dude. We are really spoiled for choice. 

This, The Irishman, Once upon a time in Hollywood to watch at home. Ford vs Ferrari and 1917 (soonish) in cinema. Busy December. :D

Add Knives Out to the list :P

Edited by STICK3Rboy

Yup. Looking good.

I hope the action sequences are as good as the ones in Winter Soldier and Civil War.

---------------------------------

Scorsese, DiCaprio’s ‘Flower Moon’ Eyes March 2020 Start, Tone Still Being Worked Out

It's apparently going to star Robert De Niro as well.

Dicaprio and De Niro together in a Scorsese serial killer movie :wOOtjumpy:

58 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yup. Looking good.

I hope the action sequences are as good as the ones in Winter Soldier and Civil War.

I hope its more Mission Impossible and less Captain America with people flying and superhero landing and whatnot.

*watches trailer

Ok never mind. 

On 12/2/2019 at 12:53 AM, dante77 said:

Saw Ready or Not, loved it! crazy movie. Absolutely loved the ending :rofl:

Hmm

Margot Robbie Samara's performance was good. However the script felt weak. All characters outside Grace were just stock with bad acting (aunt) and Alex pulling 180 in 2 minutes was so stupid. Humor landed well but mid way kind of lost the charm with cycle of get in trouble, escape, get in trouble, escape...

I liked the ending and "in-laws" line. cPu0SVr.gif  

I thought that Black Widow trailer was ok. I was hoping they would get someone to do a better job with their fight scenes (the one's that arent CGI fest) though. 

The Marvel rote of cutting after every punch and kick is kinda shitty and makes even good fights look like crap. And it is borderline unacceptable in a post John Wick/Atomic Blonde world. You have the money, you have the talent, do the fight scenes right. 

I feel like most of their problems are in editing cause its not like they are working with old actors unable to do properly choreographed fights. 

• Like 1

Hope it's available for us, too. 🤩 Will finally be able to watch it without the stupid "Smoking Is Injurious To Health" non-sense that kept popping up in almost every scene there was even cigarette smoke visible somewhere in the shot.