Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HundredProofSam

Movie Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

 

Blue Monday <3. 

 

Its the kind of song you use while running when you're about to run out of your glucose reserves and hit the wall.

Thanks. Can you suggest more like this? I've been really hooked to synthwave these days and it has a similar vibe. Loved it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, adity said:

Thanks. Can you suggest more like this? I've been really hooked to synthwave these days and it has a similar vibe. Loved it. 

 

Well you can listen to their band New Order, most of it is synth pop. Joy Division is another one.

 

Sample playlist https://open.spotify.com/album/3rPC5Y8e9S6dGGkWvRYPRD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

 

Blue Monday <3. 

 

Its the kind of song you use while running when you're about to run out of your glucose reserves and hit the wall.

 

Thank You for the name of the track. 
Loved the sound track in the trailer
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Irishman is an excellent watch, and I'm sure it'll get better with more viewings. You just need to have a stomach for it. Bums you hard, because they did all they could. Pesci should win some things for this. 

 

Wish Romano had a bigger role, and it wasn't titled The Irishman. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

I don't get the hype for John wick.

Extremely boring and blank, 

didn't bother watching any of the other parts after barely managing to  finish the first.

 

So, you transitioned from-

Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal is underrated, to John Wick is overrated.

 

Hmm..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

 

So, you transitioned from-

Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal is underrated, to John Wick is overrated.

 

Hmm..

That's just a needless comparison which i did expect someone to draw,

I could point out why John wich was so frustrating and boring to me.

Also, i did correct dhan dhana dhan to a guilty pleasure movie, understanding that it has its flaws and won't excite everyone.

 

But yes, I d watch dhan dhana dhan again over John wick.

Edited by GunnerY2J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

That's marriage.

:p

 

Interesting movie.

 

 

But 

 

She murdered someone for no reason who was trying to help her. And she is living happily now instead of getting treated like criminals. Whats the logic? What am I missing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

But 

 

  Hide contents

She murdered someone for no reason who was trying to help her. And she is living happily now instead of getting treated like criminals. Whats the logic? What am I missing?

 

I meant you don't have to get the ending or the ending doesn't have to make sense like one of the ending lines of the movie.

 

I keep forgetting how to mark spoilers. 

 

Watched it a long time ago but yes the wife was indeed psycho and everything was planned by her to get her husband back and make her marriage more spicy ? and she won.



 

The ending was not to make much sense but develop a sudden twist and was welcome and added to the mystery.

 

 

Edited by Joe Cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

I don't get the hype for John wick.

Extremely boring and blank, 

didn't bother watching any of the other parts after barely managing to  finish the first.

 

It got worse with each iteration. Parabellum was big meh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

 

It got worse with each iteration. Parabellum was big meh. 

Action movies aren't my favorite but I have enjoyed others.

And this was really boring.

 

It has no depth in story, no build up, no emotions, action sequences also feel a chore :

its just like the rock music gets irritably loud and he goes on senseless killing and it goes on and on without much competition or drama.

 

 

Mainly i don't like the presentation style (this should be the main reason) although kill Bill felt something similar in terms of presentation I think and had a lot more to offer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 10:24 PM, adity said:

Thanks. Can you suggest more like this? I've been really hooked to synthwave these days and it has a similar vibe. Loved it. 

 

A couple of Synthwave songs from my playlist:

NeoTokyo [Dance with the Dead Remix] by Scandroid

Sunset by The Midnight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...