HundredProofSam

Movie Discussion Thread

No matter how good or intense the movie is, I can't list it if I can't watch it more than twice, hence no Whiplash, Black Swan or BR2049.

Also Blue Jasmine is great, one of the better Woody Allen movies.

Joker - What the hell is this film? It wants the audience to root for Arthur when it begins, then it takes a drastic turn in the second act deeming the previous one utterly pointless because you are no longer supposed to root for him because of his actions. Then Arthur becomes Joker with zero buildup, motivation whatsoever and acts like a hero when the bizarre "kill the rich" movement he doesn't care about saves him. I mean, it doesn't fully commit to anything. It's not even told from an emo teenager point of view fully, nor is it making any profound statement about mental illness, hell, it doesn't even serve as an origin story for Joker properly for that matter. I think the critics were right about this film.

Ad Astra - I liked it, but they should have dropped Brad Pitt's narration. It's poorly written, makes the film sound pretentious and also reminded me of Apocalypse Now too much.

6 Underground - It gets boring very quickly (has good sound effects though).

Edited by The Panda

On 12/26/2019 at 8:46 PM, Aftrunner said:

It pretty much is. :lol:

NGL though, Welcome to the Jungle was kinda decent. Havent seen the two new Jumanji's though. 

Jumanji 1 with the rock was pretty good. Havent seen Jumanji 2 yet.

On that note, saw Dora and the lost city and its a pretty decent one time watch.

32 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

Jumanji 1 with the rock was pretty good. Havent seen Jumanji 2 yet.

On that note, saw Dora and the lost city and its a pretty decent one time watch.

J2 is better than J1. 

On 12/28/2019 at 12:52 PM, Mizanurification said:

Saw The Lighthouse, meh. Overhyped boredom. 

Much like The Shining, if u liked The Shining maybe you will like it. There is even a scene similar to TS. 

usually i don't fastwatch movies, and this particular one, i was like, i had boarded the HypeTrain since it's first trailer, and when finally got to see it, men, disappointment all over, fast forwarded the sh*t out of it

Watched a few movies this past few days . .

Underground 6: I kinda liked it, top notch action, story could be better but would love a sequel.

Joker: I can see why this made a billion dollars, got me hooked til the end.

Rambo Last Blood: A good one time watch, nothing more nothing less.

The Wailing: Holy f*ck, I should watch more Korean films.

On 12/30/2019 at 8:59 AM, Big Boss said:

Saw Knives out. It was okay. Massively overrated.

On 12/30/2019 at 3:03 PM, The Batman said:

Agreed. Massively overrated. 

The Good Liar was a much better thriller and well acted movie than Knives Out. IMO.

So boring.. 🥱

Edited by Joe Cool