Sign in to follow this  
HundredProofSam

Movie Discussion Thread

I watched 'Black Dynamite' yesterday and didn't find it all that great. I was expecting a lot also reading the various reviews and the feedback of other IVG members but then I was quite disappointed.

I watched 'Black Dynamite' yesterday and didn't find it all that great. I was expecting a lot also reading the various reviews and the feedback of other IVG members but then I was quite disappointed.

What didnt u like abt it??

the book on the other hand is surprisingly good. i just checked out the first half - they've killed one of the best sequences of the book.

Never judge a book by its movie. - J. W. Eagan

:doh:

the only movie i ever felt came a lil close to its book is the bourne Identity, the adaptation was pretty minimalistic.

the sequels, though good moies , vrnt anywhr close to their resp. books

Edited by ThE JuGgErNaUT

What didnt u like abt it??

Well although I loved the way the film was presented (it actually looked and felt like a 1970s movie), I thought that the movie took quite some time to pick up (like 30-40 minutes) and IMO the movie could have been a bit shorter.

The Shining, what a f**king borefest it was. A very stupid movie with idiotic settings. Wasted 2 hours of my life. Lame, just lame. How can someone like this movie? it got 8.5 on imdb :doh: I watched it coz I heard a lot about this movie and someone mentioned that it is a little like 1408. I loved 1408 but this one seriously sux. Also, it is tagged as horror movie :roflroll:

You liked 1408 but didnt like The Shining :\ Wtf is all I can say.

they could hav easily made this movie as grand as ne lord of the rings movie. the movie had a lot of potential but its marred by stupid dialogues n mistakes !!!!

the biggest mistake was making percy into a teenager - he's supposed to be 12! two reasons to watch this movie - special fx and refresher course on greek mythology before gow3

Never judge a book by its movie. - J. W. Eagan

:doh:

the only movie i ever felt came a lil close to its book is the bourne Identity, the adaptation was pretty minimalistic.

the sequels, though good moies , vrnt anywhr close to their resp. books

God no - it was absolute rubbish as an adaptation. It was a good action movie but took like 3% of the book. 3 Idiots copied more from 5.some1 than bourne identity.

the biggest mistake was making percy into a teenager - he's supposed to be 12! two reasons to watch this movie - special fx and refresher course on greek mythology before gow3

God no - it was absolute rubbish as an adaptation. It was a good action movie but took like 3% of the book. 3 Idiots copied more from 5.some1 than bourne identity.

I think The Godfather movie was better than the book. The book was frankly boring in bits that stretched on.

I think The Godfather movie was better than the book. The book was frankly boring in bits that stretched on.

Agreed. The book just seems a little, I dunno, crass. Puzo's writing style never works for me.

Also on the subject, Shawshank redemption. Again a lot better than the short story/novella.

@Dante oh ok. Hopefully that one makes it in 3D over here.

How is the movie compared to the first one?

A bit....just a bit lower than the first one...but the ending was like....DDDAAAMMMNNNN!!!!!!

A bit....just a bit lower than the first one...but the ending was like....DDDAAAMMMNNNN!!!!!!

There is absolutely no way it was lower then the first one, if anything, it was on par. End? Everything was fun, finally some guns and those FIRST PERSON moments like the one in the vents. This is probably the only sequel in a long time that delivered the thrills and never got carried away because of the fame...

Mindblasting FUN :)