What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

Drove for an hour just to snag this one. Will add all nes, genesis and snes roms to it sometime this week

5aa10cd102b9e6e21e994db0058c133a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Keano
  • Like 5

Any reason for not getting an HDR one?

It's a throwaway TV for my stay here for few months, will sell it off before coming back so don't need fancy features. Heck I didn't even want 4K but getting 1080p only panel doesn't save you money anymore.

Congrats Anshul! :)

Are those Double-shot ABS or PBT keycaps?

Here's a helpful tip. Light-coloured keycaps tend to darken over time with use because of the oily residue that collects on it. You can use a damp cloth to wipe it off.

Those are PBT keycaps. I thought PBT keycaps weren't prone to discolouration even in the long term.

Those are PBT keycaps. I thought PBT keycaps weren't prone to discolouration even in the long term.

PBT keycaps are more shine resistant than ABS keycaps. I'm assuming that you're talking about the yellow tint that develops on the keycap when you mentioned discoloration. Again PBT is well resistant to developing a yellow tint compared to ABS ones. However, PBT keycaps are not completely resistant to shining and yellowing. It just takes longer than with ABS keycaps.

The "Doc" just sent this...

DSCF5200.jpg

DSCF5199.jpg

DSCF5198.jpg

DSCF5196.jpg

Welly "Back to the Future - Part I" DeLorean Time Machine

(Die-cast Metal; Scale: 1/24)

This is a lovely scale model tribute to the classic DeLorean from the legendary movie 'Back to the Future". The chassis of the scale model is entirely made of die-cast metal accompanied by good quality plastic and rubber parts. My only gripe with it is, the interiors could have been made better since the exterior of the car is brimming with well articulated details. There is a good weight to the car and the slight shimmer of the silvery paint is very soothing to the eyes. Definitely a neat collection to my scale model collection.

Very nice

Sent from my Eluga_Arc_2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Some more components for my storage rig arrived...

DSCF5230.jpg

DSCF5233.jpg

IO Crest 2 Port SATA III PCI-Express x1 Card SY-PEX40039 (2 of them).

DSCF5235.jpg

DSCF5236.jpg

Antec Spot Cool 100 Gooseneck Fan (For cooling the SATA cards)

IMAGE00615.jpg

IMAGE00614.jpg

Cooler Master 212 Hyper Turbo Edition (with XtraFlo 120mm Fans X2)

DSCF5226.jpg

DSCF5227.jpg

Thermaltake Riing 12 Ultra Low Noise Hydraulic Bearing [CL-F038-PL12BU-A] Fans (3 of them).

IMAGE00634.jpg

WD Blue WD20EZRZ Drives (3 of them).

And finally with everything there, got the Storage Server at home setup, she is up and running, distributing data through LAN to other PC's and TV's in my house:

DSCF5244.jpg

DSCF5251.jpg

IMAGE00860.jpg

I call her the "Dark Dame". She holds 10TB currently. Runs on a diet flavor of Windows 7 and operates 24/7.

Specs:
i3-2120, Gigabyte GA-H61M-WW, Cooler Master 212 Turbo (Red Shroud Edition - Push Pull), 2 X 2GB G.Skill Ripjaws X, 60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe SSD (OS), 2 X IO Crest SY-PEX40039 2 Port SATA III Cards, Corsair GS800, APC BackUPS RS 600.

Cooling: 3 X Thermaltake Riing 12 Ultra Low Noise Hydraulic Bearing [CL-F038-PL12BU-A] Fans, 2 X CM XtraFlo 120mm Fans, 1 X CM SickleFlow 120mm Fan, 2 X Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition Fans, 1 X Lian Li 120mm LI121225SL Fan, 1 X Antec Gooseneck Spotcool 100 Fan.

Storage: 10TB (Mix of WD Green & WD Blue platters).

Display: Dell ST2320L (Mostly used for maintaining/ updating PLEX libraries and HDD Temperature monitoring).

• Like 7