What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

Setup a new fish tank at home...

DSCF5723.jpg

210 Gallon Goldfish Tank:

Tank Dimensions ( L X W X H): 84" X 24" 24"
Tank Capacity: 210 US Gallons (800 Liters approx).
Tank Weight: 300 Kg's (Empty) / 1300 Kg's (With Water)
Tank Glass : 12mm with Euro Bracing.
Tank Stand material & Weight: Iron, 90 Kg's.
Filtration: 2 X SunSun 304A @ 2000 L/h (each) + 1 X Internal Power Filter (Filled with Seachem Matrix) @ 1200 L/h + DIY Overhead Sump @2800 L/h + 4 X Large XY-380 Xinyou Sponge Filters (with 2 X Marina 200 Air Pumps).
Substrate: Bare-bottom.
Lighting: DIY LED Lighthoods.
Water Changes: 50% Weekly via Immersed Sobo WP 7200 (5500 L/h) Pump.

The WP 7200 Pump is a beast! It takes around 7-8 minutes to empty the tank to 50% of the water level which is what I change per week. To fill that water back into the tank it takes an hour!

The entire water changing is seamless and doesn't involve any heavy manual tasks. I simply turn off the canister filters (leave the air pumps and sponge filters running inside the tank) and turn on the Sobo WP7200 submersed pump after I open the ball valve on it's plumbing. The pump's piping is plumbed straight from the tank down to my home's backyard drainage area 4 floors down. After the water level comes down to 50% I simple turn the pump off with the flick of a switch and shut the ball valve off to cut the siphon. The tank is connected to a hose which circles outside my house and directly links to a water outlet in my kitchen in the other wing of my house from which I can fill the tank up. The length of the hose is about 120 feet. Once done I turn all the filters back on again. Job done!

This 210 Gallon tank has been running for slightly over a month now and it's fully cycled. I have transferred all my existing Goldfish and filter media from my older 120 Gallon tank (L X H X W = 48" X 24" X 24") to it. New additional filter media was also added. The fish are enjoying their new home and the additional space (specially the increase in length) has them nice and happy. They are presently all healthy and eating well. The 120 Gallon tank after serving for close to 10 years was finally shutdown last month.
Congrats !

But just so you know, you should post only gaming/tech stuff here :D

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Congrats !

But just so you know, you should post only gaming/tech stuff here :D

Thanks. I posted it because a few weeks ago a few people here wanted me to post a few photographs of my fish. Thus I did. My apologies, didn't realize the show-off section is focused on tech related stuff only.

Edited by Black_Hawk

Thanks. I posted it because a few weeks ago a few people here wanted me to post a few photographs of my fish. Thus I did. My apologies, didn't realize the show-off section is focused on tech related stuff only.
No worries, have fun [emoji106]

1 hour ago, Black_Hawk said:

it's fine once in a while, don't worry. People post cars, houses and all. Someone even started posting their lays chips I think

@otaku.u - HOW? From where you got that? Was sold out so fast on their site. O0aRT11.png Congrats!

@Black_Hawk - pretty sure you can post anything here. 

How are you supplying that high amount of water regularly? Are you planning to add more cool stuff inside? Congrats. Looks fantastic. Something I can never own. 

@Skull Crusher - that's one hell of a present. Enjoy and belated wishes. NhCJFXX.png

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sun Sunny said:

Which site and how for how much ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I had bought this off Amazon USA, got it for around 1900 including customs and shipping. They somehow have increased shipping charges a lot now. 

Marcus from Watch Dogs 2 is only for $16, but they are asking additional $37 for shipping and customs

I had bought this off Amazon USA, got it for around 1900 including customs and shipping. They somehow have increased shipping charges a lot now. 
Marcus from Watch Dogs 2 is only for $16, but they are asking additional $37 for shipping and customs
1900 is really gud. I should also find one bust.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk