What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

On 1/5/2018 at 10:56 PM, Black_Hawk said:

My new ZEN build...

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600X
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Turbo [Push-Pull]
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (4 X 8GB)
GPU: Asus ROG Strix RX 480 (8GB)
Audio Card: Asus Xonar DX (Running with Uni Drivers on Windows 10)
PSU: Seasonic X-750 GOLD

Storage:
120GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD
250GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD
3 X 1TB WD Blue

Case: Corsair Graphite 780T Full Tower
Speakers: Logitech Z-5500
Keyboard: Motospeed Inflictor CK104
Mouse: Logitech G502
UPS: APC RS 1100

Case Cooling: 2 X 140mm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition Fans + 3 X 120mm Cooler Master SickleFlowX Fans + 1 X 120mm Corsair AF120 + 1 X Cooler Master MasterFan Pro Air Pressure + 1 X Antec Spotcool + 2 X 80mm Arctic F8 Low Noise Fans (Soft Modded).

Woah, awesome specs.  Looks like a supercomputer :O

Where did you buy ? And how much did the whole thing cost ? Which monitor are you using ?

22 hours ago, djanuj said:

Bro. How do you maintain z5500? I also have them but the rubber cone is torn for all speakers and subwoofer. Any way of fixing it. I tried local electronic stores but they couldn't help.

Hi mate,
 I have just followed a simple routine as far as dusting the cones of the satellites are concerned... by giving them a rub with a soft, dry cloth made of microfibre on a weekly basis (usually Sunday morning's are spent for PC dusting). The rubber surrounding the cones on all the sats are luckily intact on my set and I have had the set for almost a decade now. I wouldn't know how to re-foam these honestly... those rubber insets might be really hard to find in the aftermarket since they look strictly custom made for Logitech by the manufacturers. I don't think contacting Logitech would yield much either sadly. Maybe some DIY guys here can help regarding this or shed some light?

Edited by Black_Hawk

7 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Woah, awesome specs.  Looks like a supercomputer :O

Where did you buy ? And how much did the whole thing cost ? Which monitor are you using ?

Supercomputer... Haha! :dance:

I had the Seasonic X-750, Corsair 780T Full Tower, most of the Fans and the RX480 already in my previous build. Got them in July.

The processor, motherboard, memory and CPU cooler I bought recently and here are the prices:

Ryzen 1600X: 18.6k  (From MD Computers, Kolkata)

Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo: 3k (From Amazon India)

Asus ROG Strix B-350F Gaming Motherboard: 9.9k (From MD Computers, Kolkata)

32GB (8GB x 4) G.Skill RipJaws V: 25.2k (From MD Computers, Kolkata)

Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Pressure: 1.2k

I use a BenQ EW2775ZH (27") monitor.

Oh, and lest I forget, someone was asking about that fan that seems to be hanging inside the case... it's a flexible Antec SpotCool cooling fan that gets bolted with one of the screws of the motherboard. :)

Edited by Black_Hawk

8 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

Supercomputer... Haha! :dance:

I had the Seasonic X-750, Corsair 780T Full Tower, most of the Fans and the RX480 already in my previous build. Got them in July.

The processor, motherboard, memory and CPU cooler I bought recently and here are the prices:

Ryzen 1600X: 18.6k  (From MD Computers, Kolkata)

Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo: 3k (From Amazon India)

Asus ROG Strix B-350F Gaming Motherboard: 9.9k (From MD Computers, Kolkata)

32GB (8GB x 4) G.Skill RipJaws V: 25.2k (From MD Computers, Kolkata)

Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Pressure: 1.2k

I use a BenQ EW2775ZH (27") monitor.

Oh, and lest I forget, someone was asking about that fan that seems to be hanging inside the case... it's a flexible Antec SpotCool cooling fan that gets bolted with one of the screws of the motherboard. :)

Thanks for the info :)

Are the external fans and cooling necessary for that setup ? Will it not work without ?

1 hour ago, amigoatul said:

I bought them from Nike Town, Oxford Street, London for £140. Seemed a bit expensive but couldn't resist them.

Wasn't easy, had to visit tons of stores, took whole day. They themselves are now out of stock.Would be difficult to get them in India.

You can try asos.com, last time I checked they had the Gold bullet version in stock, they ship to India but beware nowadays they get anywhere from 10-30% customs stamped on them later. Have to be extremely lucky to dodge customs.

16 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Thanks for the info :)

Are the external fans and cooling necessary for that setup ? Will it not work without ?

Which external fans mate? The cabinet came with intake fans, I bought the 3 upper exhaust fans and rear one. The Antec fans were already there in my previous case, the Lian Li A70F Full Tower so I just chucked them in this Corsair 780T when I changed the case.

Edited by Black_Hawk

Hi mate,
 I have just followed a simple routine as far as dusting the cones of the satellites are concerned... by giving them a rub with a soft, dry cloth made of microfibre on a weekly basis (usually Sunday morning's are spent for PC dusting). The rubber surrounding the cones on all the sats are luckily intact on my set and I have had the set for almost a decade now. I wouldn't know how to re-foam these honestly... those rubber insets might be really hard to find in the aftermarket since they look strictly custom made for Logitech by the manufacturers. I don't think contacting Logitech would yield much either sadly. Maybe some DIY guys here can help regarding this or shed some light?

I have had it for like 9 years. It was all good but I had stopped using it like 6 years after buying it since had exams. Recently decided to use it but had too much dust. So when I went to clean it I saw that rubber had cracks in it. And when I went to softly clean it with microfiber cloth it just tore. Now I am trying to find replacement rubber cones for this. I love this speaker set but parts not easy to find. And I don't know how I can fix it in Mumbai.

1 hour ago, Aj69 said:

Major upgrade! :wub:

PS4 to PS4 pro!

23 inch monitor to 27 inch 4K monitor. 

https://imgur.com/a/gSl4s

Where did you buy the pro from? Looking to buy one myself and searching for the best deal.

Cool monitor, I though generally game on my Sony X900e but looking for monitors now too.

2 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Where did you buy the pro from? Looking to buy one myself and searching for the best deal.

Cool monitor, I though generally game on my Sony X900e but looking for monitors now too.

Got the Pro from Dubai! 

Got the monitor from IVG. I dont enjoy playing in TV!

5 hours ago, Aj69 said:

Got the Pro from Dubai! 

Got the monitor from IVG. I dont enjoy playing in TV!

Is there a topic here where people can request others who might be going/coming from abroad to get consoles for them? Need a ps4 pro. My UK contact won't be able to come for a few months.

2 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Is there a topic here where people can request others who might be going/coming from abroad to get consoles for them? Need a ps4 pro. My UK contact won't be able to come for a few months.

nope.