What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

17 minutes ago, Vip3r said:

Hey Athek. I wanted to know how did you get the drone in India. I am interested in getting one of these for an upcoming trip. 

Congrats on the purchase. The Xbox One X is a beast. But you knew that :-) 

Bro carried it from Switzerland. This one is legal to fly in india too as this comes under nano drone.

Ya Xbox one X just looks the part, and luckily was able to dispose off old one quickly!!

35 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Bro carried it from Switzerland. This one is legal to fly in india too as this comes under nano drone.

I think its defined by weight (nano drones). The limit is 250, and the Mavic Mini weighs exactly 249 if Im not wrong. Big props to DJI xD 

I think its defined by weight (nano drones). The limit is 250, and the Mavic Mini weighs exactly 249 if Im not wrong. Big props to DJI xD 
Yes true, and just not India I can fly it pretty much everywhere abroad too, no need to register no permission needed. Only downside obstruction sensor and follow me function is missing, well you can't have everything.

But awesome fun to fly this drone have got some real nice footage.

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Yes true, and just not India I can fly it pretty much everywhere abroad too, no need to register no permission needed. Only downside obstruction sensor and follow me function is missing, well you can't have everything.

Great - this was good to hear. My friends basically had told me essentially detach the blades and put it in the checking while we have the actual drone in the carry on. But seeing that you have retained packaging as well I now want to buy it in Frankfurt on my way to Iceland :-)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vip3r said:

Great - this was good to hear. My friends basically had told me essentially detach the blades and put it in the checking while we have the actual drone in the carry on. But seeing that you have retained packaging as well I now want to buy it in Frankfurt on my way to Iceland :-)

Vacationining in Iceland? I've seen drone footage (from the Mavic Mini haha) and it looks beautiful!

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

The follow me function isn't something one uses that much anyway

It's luck too, in Bangalore customs are pretty chilled out, not sure about other points of entry in India. Also make sure to buy the fly more combo extra 100$ are totally worth it.

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Actually to make some good videos while I am riding on secluded roads, it can be handy, but obstruction sensors were much more important. You can easily crash the mini or hurt someone. I also took the dji care refresh package to be safe.

50 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Actually to make some good videos while I am riding on secluded roads, it can be handy, but obstruction sensors were much more important. You can easily crash the mini or hurt someone. I also took the dji care refresh package to be safe.

Yes but that can be substituted with somebody else driving the car while you fly the drone along the road from the passenger seat.

My dad sometimes gets a DJI Mavic from the company for work purposes and its honestly a joy to fly it around :)

Also even with the obstruction sensors you'll see drones flying into trees and rocks on Youtube. Perhaps this will serve as motivation to be a careful drone pilot haha

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

Yes but that can be substituted with somebody else driving the car while you fly the drone along the road from the passenger seat.

My dad sometimes gets a DJI Mavic from the company for work purposes and its honestly a joy to fly it around :)

Also even with the obstruction sensors you'll see drones flying into trees and rocks on Youtube. Perhaps this will serve as motivation to be a careful drone pilot haha

Na on the bike, and I would like my own video while riding. Anyway I think we have done enough OT, maybe a drone thread can be created once we have few of us who have it. 

:punk:

17 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Na on the bike, and I would like my own video while riding. Anyway I think we have done enough OT, maybe a drone thread can be created once we have few of us who have it. 

Good idea haha, Im not gonna have access to my dad's drone for quite a while, if you get some footage upload it to a video hosting site and we'll have ourselves a drone thread :) 

Not this week but very recently upgraded PC components.. 
Old - i5 4690k + Antec a40 cooler + MSI z97 PC mate + Gigabyte gtx 1060 6gb + 16gb ddr3 1600mhz + Samsung 830 250gb sata + Antec GX500 case

New - Ryzen 3600 + Corsair H45 cooler + MSI B450M mortar + Nvidia RTX 2060 + 16gb GSkill Tridentz rgb 3200mhz + Samsung 970 evo plus 500gb nvme + Ant esports ice 511mt

IMG-20191208-121359.jpg
IMG-20200104-112230.jpg
IMG-20200105-224027.jpg
IMG-20200105-223505.jpg

• Like 5