What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

720p / 1080i

6ms response time

very sleek and sexy. Anything else you wanna know ?

6ms is sweet ..... my x-series i bout wich cost be 125k is 1080p but has a 8ms response time.... btw duz the 2ms make tht much of a difference??

my specs

Flat Panel Type LCD Television

LCD Response Time 8 ms

Screen Size 40 inch

Contrast Ratio 7,000:1

Display Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels

Edited by arjun

just got some wii games from bangkok ..... they il arrive tomrw night....

(All Legit)

Mario Strikers Charged

Resident Evil 4 (just thot id get the legit as i have a backup but love the game and its deserves to be bought legit)

Tiger Woods PGA tour 08

Bruswick Pro Bowling :thumbsup:

Metroid Prime

edit:

will post pics once they arrive....

Edited by arjun

32" is really the sweet spot for LCDs....26" is a bit small, and 40" is too big (for a bedroom atleast)....32" is juuust right :thumbsup:

peace

Yeah, and most of the bigger screens (40"+ ) have marginally higher response times. This does affect gameplay so some extent.

hehe...my living room has a CRT :D

peace

all the TVs in my house are CRTs! :cry5:

V

same here all tvs in my place were crts and yet are till i move.... but imo crts are the best atm.... cuz anyways hdtv hasnt launched here so watching tv on a large lcd is like watching a movie on youtube with all those pixels.... just useless.... the only + is watching hi-def movies ,and gaming thts it....

^^ Only so that you can mod it later.

see i belive tht once i buy a console .... thts it.... i shouldnt have to play $ for games tht arent worth it.... and tht since i own the console i could do wat i want with it.... play wat i want on it.... as long as im not earning $ of it imo is ok.... i do give credit to games tht deserve it and do buy the originals.... atm i have my share of legit games too.... bout 15-20 in all (wii,360)....

this is why il buy the ps3 once it gets hacked to run homebrew.... i may be flamed for the above but every1 has their opinion .... just cuz it may defers from urs doesnt mean its wrong....

-Cheers!! :D

@arjun: basically everything boils down to time vs money.

either you spend your time looking at means to save money, or should be prepared to spend money in order to save time - think about it.

not long ago, i used to own every game across every platform, but owing to a number of factors, i prefer to spend my time and money more wisely nowadays :D

V

Hey, I work very hard for that !! Not just the dough, also convinving the folks at home that I really need that.

i always knew share market was the way to go, if you want all the niceties of life in India. Too bad I chickened out a bit too early :D !

You can get a Samsung Bordeaux 32" for 52k with 8000:1 contrast ratio. It does 720p

I compared this one with the Bordeaux. The Toshiba has better sharpness and response time.

32" is really the sweet spot for LCDs....26" is a bit small, and 40" is too big (for a bedroom atleast)....32" is juuust right :D

peace

dont say such things ppl :cry5: , i spent my life's savings and got the samsung 26" LCD TV Bordeaux !

@arjun:

either you spend your time looking at means to save money, or should be prepared to spend money in order to save time - think about it.

V

if i was the one earning the money id spend it.... but since im not the one shelling out the money atm for my frivolous expenses the above decision is not mine to make....

-Cheers!! :D

exactly my point arjun, you're spending time (instead of money) to get what you want (in your case, access to a MORE games) - it's the way you want to look at it. for some folks they simply dont have the time to spare, so they dont mind shelling out money to satisfy their needs/desires.

but after a while, you ARE going to realise that you simply cannot keep yourself updated to play pirated games (the process of hacking/modding systems is getting more and more convulted) - so either you would have to tone back this unecessary habit of playing/testing every game that comes out, or limit yourself to purchasing only the games you WANT to play.

V