What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

DS, r u ambani :doh:

no. I am paavam person :) ask gaurav for meaning

secks setup.

Lights coming from the side of the tv is good. i have lights behind me when i play on my big tv downstairs and all reflection is on tv :rant:

thanks .Yea, i've luckily not got much lights around the TV.

u should resize ur pic to 640 by 480 b4 MT comes

jus kidding

congrats on ur buy :cheers:

n damages? :naughty:

awesome tv, cost DS ?

Thanks. 80k

Watching Wall-E in blu-ray :O :O. Now need an awesome sound system. 2011 budget :P

Edited by Death Stryke

@Karoo

3D TV was wayy too expensive bro. 1.4-1.5 lacs upwards starting. Plus that is 40 inches and I wanted 42+. Besides, u get only 1 pair of those 3D glasses along with it. An extra pair costs 10k. Also frankly between LED and LCD, i hardly found any difference (untrained eye maybe). This model is actually the entry level model in 46 inches. Samsung was 90k and I couldn't get a demo, so i went with this.

If you are a true 1080p blu raymovie buff, plasma is the way to go coz plasma still cranks the best contrast, true coloursand blacks. But I am not, plus SD stuff looks kinda washed out on plasmas, which my family would also be watching, so LCD was what I took.

@Karoo

3D TV was wayy too expensive bro. 1.4-1.5 lacs upwards starting. Plus that is 40 inches and I wanted 42+. Besides, u get only 1 pair of those 3D glasses along with it. An extra pair costs 10k. Also frankly between LED and LCD, i hardly found any difference (untrained eye maybe). This model is actually the entry level model in 46 inches. Samsung was 90k and I couldn't get a demo, so i went with this.

If you are a true 1080p blu raymovie buff, plasma is the way to go coz plasma still cranks the best contrast, true coloursand blacks. But I am not, plus SD stuff looks kinda washed out on plasmas, which my family would also be watching, so LCD was what I took.

remember to calibrate your tv's video settings for both composite (DTH) and HDMI (consoles) inputs .

use any of THX certified dvd's / BDs (movies) they normally carry those calibration tests , or else just google around for video calibration and you'll understand.

edit: good buy :rofl: ... btw is that white cable the power cable for the tv , or is it concealed behind the wooden unit ?

Edited by kunallkw

remember to calibrate your tv's video settings for both composite (DTH) and HDMI (consoles) inputs .

use any of THX certified dvd's / BDs (movies) they normally carry those calibration tests , or else just google around for video calibration and you'll understand.

edit: good buy :rofl: ... btw is that white cable the power cable for the tv , or is it concealed behind the wooden unit ?

That is actually the cable for the zicom cameras around the house which i haven't connected yet. :rofl: Need to cut the wire to correct size and connect it.

I read about those THX certified blu rays. Any BR or dvd movie u know which has that?

Edited by Death Stryke

BTW, sneak peak of my big purchase this week :roflroll:

More pics when its wallmounted in a bit

congrats glen... :blush:

On a side note, I don't know what's wrong with the Samsung 32 incher we've got. (I don't use it much, my aunt does). But the damn thing now receives signals from the remote only at certain angles and certain positions in the hall. And the power button on the TV itself doesn't work properly since the last week, it goes to the Menu or switches the input source. Never thought something from Samsung would break that easily though.

now u know y the sony is over-priced :lol:

forgot.. dustbin this is fr u.... :wub: u damn well know y.... :suicide:

Edited by dabba

congrats glen... :suicide:

now u know y the sony is over-priced :wub:

forgot.. dustbin this is fr u.... :blush: u damn well know y.... :roflroll:

Hmm perhaps.. but leave it to my aunt and she can make any electronic item NOT work.. her laptop, her TV remote, her phone.

Besides the servant watches TV on that samsung too. And I can only imagine the abuse that remote must receive at her hands lol.

Lets see, maybe get her something from Sony sometime. :lol:

That is actually the cable for the zicom cameras around the house which i haven't connected yet. :roflroll: Need to cut the wire to correct size and connect it.

I read about those THX certified blu rays. Any BR or dvd movie u know which has that?

The Incredibles .

there are a few dvds and BDs completely dedicated to video and audio hardware calibration , sadly none of which is legally available in India :suicide:

these are the few good ones around, globally .

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Video-Essent...5909&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Video-Essent...5909&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-ISF-HDTV-Cal...5941&sr=8-3

Edited by kunallkw