The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Yeah TVs are absurdly priced in India. I can't imagine myself buying another tv in India after know the price difference. My 40 inch 7000 series Samsung cost me around 33k here. It's ridiculous pricing. Whenever I go back, I will carry a new tv to India. Paying customs and extra luggage price will still be cheaper than buying similar TV in India.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys..I want a cheap bed room tv to watch mostly downloaded contents - tv series ,movies..All three major online retailer are running sales ..I was thinking about following model,,suggestions -

TCL 101.6 cm (40 inches) L40D2900 -- INR 20,999 (2000 cashback) @amazon

1.5 years warranty

TCL 109.3 cm (43 inches) L43P2US 4K UHD -- INR 31,990 (2000 cashback) @amazon

1.5 years warranty

How will occasional pc games at 1080p and ps3 games will look in 4k tv? any experience?

Sanyo 109 cm (43 inches) XT-43S7100F -- INR 24,490 (2000 cashback) @amazon

1 year warranty

Vu 102cm (40) Full HD LED TV (40D6575) -- INR 20,999 (1500 cashback) @flipkart

1 yr warranty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have been looking for a 4K 55" TV for my living room for some time now. Earlier my plan was to buy it around Diwali so I could get some discount.  But yesterday I read an article which says prices are likely to go up after July 1st and that retailers are offering huge discounts to clear the old stock.  I have been keeping an eye on the online sites for some time now and I do not see a change in their pricing yet.  I am in two minds right now whether to wait or not.

My requirements are:  
Gaming:  The TV would be primarily used for gaming (PS4 Pro) and movies.  
Brand:  Only looking to invest in a brand with strong after-sales support, preferably LG, Sony, Panasonic, Samsung.
Budget:  Around 1.3-4 L.

Went to Reliance a few days ago and they suggested me to go for LG 55UH617t. TV looked decent and fits into my budget as well.  Most likely to go for this unless something better comes up. 

If prices remain more or less same and if new TVs are likely to be launched in budget mentioned above by year end, I would rather wait.  

Please advise.

4 minutes ago, san_Assassin said:

ok just checked croma site and they have updated their prices. LG 55UH850T indeed looks very very tempting for 113,940. 

Indeed it is.

• Like 1

Folks with HDR TVs... what HDR content as of today do you consume most? And... is it worth the extra $$ over a non-HDR TV?

(looking for responses without delving into 10-bit, wide gamuts, local dimming and other short stories.)

As of today hdr gaming is one of the most important aspect, uhd are coming with hdr movies. This si the future format and it will be good to go for one for being future proof, as content will only increase. 

My 6 year old Sony TV has died and am planning to buy a new TV. Had a budget of 60k and looking for a 43" 4K. Checked a couple of retail stores and found that Sony has launched a fhd tv with hdr with a price of 58.5k. That looked good but felt the price was higher for a fhd tv that was only a smart TV. Also saw lg43uh750t and it was being offered at 68k. I'm inclined to go with the LG model but having had a Sony TV for so long I'd like to know how the pq of lg is?
Is that price for the LG one fair enough or it can be bought at a lesser price? Any other suggestions in that price range would also be welcome. Mainly looking for hdr model for console gaming

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, arv95 said:

My 6 year old Sony TV has died and am planning to buy a new TV. Had a budget of 60k and looking for a 43" 4K. Checked a couple of retail stores and found that Sony has launched a fhd tv with hdr with a price of 58.5k. That looked good but felt the price was higher for a fhd tv that was only a smart TV. Also saw lg43uh750t and it was being offered at 68k. I'm inclined to go with the LG model but having had a Sony TV for so long I'd like to know how the pq of lg is?
Is that price for the LG one fair enough or it can be bought at a lesser price? Any other suggestions in that price range would also be welcome. Mainly looking for hdr model for console gaming

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

PQ of LG is excellent. It's as good as Sony. LG is the best choice among the top 3, in my opinion.

Also I think HDR pro is the 10bit HDR tech, as far as I was told by the croma guys. Most LG models around 58k have HDR pro.

Edited by Playstationdude

Uh750t has hdr 10 and is a great TV, Sony is no more a force it used to be, they just charge a premium for past laurels. 68k sounds a bit expensive for a 43' tv

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread