The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

14 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

5 years is a bit too long to expect for the life of a TV these days.

Personally, I keep a target of 3 years for TVs.

Personally if I'm dropping 60k on a TV I want it to last me a good 7-8 years. And that's not expecting much considering LG and Sony TVs are offering as much life.

It's only Samsung that hardly lasts 5years ,in my experience.

I have never seen any samsung tv survive for more than 5 years. I would advise against that brand.
My samsung plasma is in its 9th year and running quite well.. Another Samsung led is in its 4th year.. but, I could be simply lucky till now.

Honestly, I don't see the logic in spending twice the amount for brands like Sony, Samsung when the life expectancy has reduced to the same level of all lesser named brands. Seems like a ploy from manufacturers as the quality is actually deteriorating in time when it should be better with all the advancements in technology.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

Personally if I'm dropping 60k on a TV I want it to last me a good 7-8 years. And that's not expecting much considering LG and Sony TVs are offering as much life.

La la land bro. My lg tv panel conked in 1.9 yrs was lucky had extended warranty. A friend sony conked after 3 months. Samsung are bad when it comes to reliability. With these thin bezels if they last more then 3 years think you hit a jackpot. 

38 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

Neither of the tvs is going to offer you 7 years now. Its all purely luck. 5 years for a tv nowadays is jackpot.

8 hours ago, adity said:

Yeah, my 1080p LG dumb TV is working great after 4 years. But 4k smart 3d LG got it's panel busted in 7 months. The f**kers are also trying to delay it. Been following up for a week now. Nothing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

i had a 8 UF850T, they told me they have stopped making 3D panels and wanted to give me UJ632 the cheapest as replacement. Told them nope not happening, finally they found the panle and replaced it yesterday, took a total of 3.5 weeks for the ordeal to end.

Bought X70E 49 inch, 55 would've been too big for my room. Store dude said don't buy HDR since there's no content to justify the premium, so I asked him for discount since no one's buying HDR panels :P Ended up paying 78k which is ok deal I guess for entry level Sony HDR 49"

• Like 2

Need suggestions for buying TV

Smart tv and full hd. Specifically need ideas of online sources for getting the best price. To be primarily used by parents so friendly and accessible UI is a must. Budget limit is 40k. Preferred brands Samsung,lg,panasonic etc. Parents not too keen for micromax,vu,intex etc. Thanks

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Smart tv and full hd. Specifically need ideas of online sources for getting the best price. To be primarily used by parents so friendly and accessible UI is a must. Budget limit is 40k. Preferred brands Samsung,lg,panasonic etc. Parents not too keen for micromax,vu,intex etc. Thanks

1 minute ago, Aruban said:

You can get a lot of LG full hd smart leds within 40k. Check out flipkart and price match with your local retailers.

Hi All, just bought W67E Series from Sony. I am experiencing ghosting on the screen out of the box. The channel logo on the top right gets stuck and i can see it on other channels as well. Could you guys help me out if it has to do something with the tv settings or i should call sony up immediately regarding the issue?

I have checked it by changing hdmi, changing input sources as well. Is there anything else i could do to check the same. 

Thanks in advance. 

On 13/10/2017 at 7:30 PM, Nathan.Drake said:

Hi All, just bought W67E Series from Sony. I am experiencing ghosting on the screen out of the box. The channel logo on the top right gets stuck and i can see it on other channels as well. Could you guys help me out if it has to do something with the tv settings or i should call sony up immediately regarding the issue?

I have checked it by changing hdmi, changing input sources as well. Is there anything else i could do to check the same. 

Thanks in advance. 

Get a repllacement. 

Image rentention used to be an issue in launch plasma tvs. That too was solved in the plasmas launched later. Never heard of any such issues in LEDs.

3 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Get a repllacement. 

Image rentention used to be an issue in launch plasma tvs. That too was solved in the plasmas launched later. Never heard of any such issues in LEDs.

Thanks man, Contacted sony customer care. And have requested for a replacement. Hopefully they approve of it rather than repairing it. 

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread