The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

You won't find good hdr TV unless you go big on screen and ready to spend more you can  get it cheap if you are looking for fake hdr 
i don't have much space in my room and don't have enough money to buy oled or quantum.So within my budget can u suggest a great TV?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

X7002E isn't good for movies in general. But good enough for video gaming and TV shows. 

Cannot expect everything good in a fixed budget from SONY. They are most often priced above their competition in their category.

Check out LG sets. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately all 43 inch model with hdr are just fake hdr Sony or Vu doesnt matter would rather spend on non hdr model for now 

LG one is not. It has Dolby Vision which is upgraded HDR. With 10 Bit HDR

3 hours ago, 202croc said:

Even X8200E has local dimming. IMO don't think it's in a different league, I have seen multiple videos on both televisions.

Different league is OLED.To each his own.

Didn't know 8200 has local dimming, does any video or review specifically mentions it?

Edit: The spec sheet on Sony says frame dimming only. I knew X90E is the first entry model (cheapest) for local dimming and object-based HDR, just had to confirm it in spec sheet.

It's like having features and actually helpful to you just like Xbox One was 

See. It's a simple fact that one person may not like the product whereas others might. So one can never generalize how product is. However it is also a fact that where product is cheap and provide all those extra features along with good picture quality for a cheap price then it will sell like hot pancakes. If you have the money then even TV you have in mind sucks. And OLED rules compared to your TV which you have in mind which costs 20lakh or more. But when you dont have money to buy the tv and have money to buy within the budget and it gives good quality picture then you will not care for the OLED. Because your requirements are met and it's fulfilled. Sure it won't be like OLED. But it's great enough to enjoy.

Anyhow that's my opinion so if the user wants it he can get it. I will be getting either 43uj752t or x900e. But I am inclined towards LG though.

Whatever you do, do not buy 1080p TV sets now. If you are tight on budget, just save some more and get 4K set with HDR. 

uXpwgWH.png

Buy accordingly. You will see a difference in 43'' 4K set too if you set it up properly. 

As for OLED, give it couple more years for the price to settle down. At the moment, it isn't worth it. 

Edited by Heaven Angel
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

X7002E isn't good for movies in general. But good enough for video gaming and TV shows. 

Cannot expect everything good in a fixed budget from SONY. They are most often priced above their competition in their category.

Check out LG sets. 

+1

X7200E doesn't have triluminous display which is wide color gamut. The HDR is not that good on it.

On 10/27/2017 at 4:57 PM, adity said:

49 inch branded 4k TVs are costing around 1L while VU and such other brands are selling them for around 35k.
I'm wondering if the quality of the bigger brands is worth the 3x price they're asking.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

it's absolutely worth it. It's more to do with one's requirement. I can say this with confident because I have owned a Vu iconium 2016 4k model. It was utterly sh*t when watching 1080p content. Only Native 4k content looked good. Upscaling was extremely poor. Image processing Tech from the Big 4 are way ahead. Remember " with great picture quality comes at a price" Unless Vizio decides to launch Tv in India.

3 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

As for OLED, give it couple more years for the price to settle down. At the moment, it isn't worth it. 

Yeah that's why 7002 is kind of stopgap TV for me until OLEDs come down in price and have a decently low input lag. Given up on 4K projectors atm.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread