The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

1080p looks awesome even on 60inch screen if the PQ and engine are good. 4K is good and a lot of us have upgraded to 4k for our gaming pc, consoles and UHD disc watching but we still use FHD as main TV for watching cable. Unless we start to get lots of 4k channel on STB and not those 2 channels which show stuff on a loop.

5 minutes ago, sweetvar26 said:

These Mi sales are the dumbest things ever. They say you could buy at a certain time but they get sold out in the first 30 seconds of the time. I don't even know why they bother doing that. Happened to me while I was trying to buy the Mi A1 and now this Mi TV. 

So stupid. 

That's the reason, to make you wanna yearn more for the product..It's a really tricky concept which gets in the head and for some even plays with their ego a bit...

22 minutes ago, sweetvar26 said:

These Mi sales are the dumbest things ever. They say you could buy at a certain time but they get sold out in the first 30 seconds of the time. I don't even know why they bother doing that. Happened to me while I was trying to buy the Mi A1 and now this Mi TV. 

So stupid. 

It came in stock at 1:59 only.

i was able to get it into my cart immediately but when i tried to make the payment i got an error - Not available in your area.

And eventually it got sold out completely in another 2-3 minutes

Flash sales are held to make sure they sell all of the stocks. First two flash sales will be to anticipate the volumes. The reason is to maximize profit since the margins are lower and to create higher demand. One more flash sale and after that it will open for normal sale. Anyways people who have Mi store in their cities can buy it offline.

2 hours ago, djanuj said:

Is LG SJ800T TV better than uj752t for gaming and media? If I buy sj800t what advantage will I get compared to uj752t? Other than Dolby Vision?

S* = Premium LED model

*J = 2017

Plus, SJ800T offers better viewing angle and is available in 55/65" model which doubles the price. While UJ752T is entry level 43". 

S* = Premium LED model
*J = 2017

Plus, SJ800T offers better viewing angle and is available in 55/65" model which doubles the price. While UJ752T is entry level 43". 
SJ800T is also available in 49inch. But how is it on gaming? And Movie Watching?

Simply put SJ is better than UJ. You can find both series in 50 and 55inch. UJ also has 43inch model which I have.
Ok. Since I play lots of FPS games needed opinion. Anyhow. Please let me know how performance is with your uj?

Gaming and SDR PQ is excellent. Input lag is low even in HDR. 1080P@120FPS is supported so Fps games will be smooth.

And hertz (Refresh Rate)? Is it 50 or 60? Because some webpage says 50.

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread