The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Its a 2017 model basically but I got a good deal on it so went for it. It says Active HDR and sh*t.

http://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-49UJ632T
This TV is HDR 8bit. Doesn't have HDR10 nor Dolby Vision. Probably why you got it for cheap. Uj752 has Dolby Vision. Hope that clears it up for you.

52 minutes ago, djanuj said:
8 hours ago, Playstationdude said:
Its a 2017 model basically but I got a good deal on it so went for it. It says Active HDR and sh*t.

http://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-49UJ632T

This TV is HDR 8bit. Doesn't have HDR10 nor Dolby Vision. Probably why you got it for cheap. Uj752 has Dolby Vision. Hope that clears it up for you.

I just read the official catalogue for this tv from LG site. It says HDR 10 on that.

The UJ75 has dolby vision as well.

Edited by Playstationdude

^None of the consoles supports DV and there is good chance next gen won't either because of the fees. 

Now all of Netflix original shows are done DV. Try one those and see it plays in HDR 10 or SDR. 

• Like 1

I just read the official catalogue for this tv from LG site. It says HDR 10 on that.
The UJ75 has dolby vision as well.
http://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-43UJ652T itsays Active HDR and optimises to make it view HDR10 and hlg. Uj752t has Dolby Vision. I know. But uj652t doesn't have it. Anyhow of you are satisfied then enjoy. It's not a bad TV so don't worry.

On 22/05/2018 at 11:13 AM, HEMAN said:

^ He knew that. I guess he wanted HDR 10 for console gaming. 

On 22/05/2018 at 10:57 AM, djanuj said:

http://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-43UJ652T itsays Active HDR and optimises to make it view HDR10 and hlg. Uj752t has Dolby Vision. I know. But uj652t doesn't have it. Anyhow of you are satisfied then enjoy. It's not a bad TV so don't worry.

Can you guys suggest a good UPS for my ps4 slim, tata sky and 49 inch UHD led? 

I have an APC 600VA ups but it only supports the ps4 and tata sky. When I plug in the TV as well, the TV and tata sky are on backup but ps4 is not.

23 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

APC br1100 the grey color one. I use it for my PC, Tv and Ps4 slim. If you have ps4 pro then you have to chose more carefully about which Ups to buy. 

Since I already have a 600 VA Apc ups, do you think I should go for another 600VA one for my TV or do you think going for a 1100VA makes more sense?

4 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

Since I already have a 600 VA Apc ups, do you think I should go for another 600VA one for my TV or do you think going for a 1100VA makes more sense?

1100va since there will be some headroom. You never know when you need it. 

• Like 1

Br1100 fan noise is loud, I am using my 2nd one from last 2 years,,

[mention=882]Playstationdude[/mention]if you plan to use the ups 24*7 then dont buy the br1100 grey model. It's fan noise is really loud. Buy it if you completely power down your gear at night. 

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

That one run for a long time 5+ years..motherboard need to be repaired , might cost 2k+ ,hence bought the new one..it's good but bit noise

Not very encouraging :fear:
Did the first one conk off?

That one run for a long time 5+ years..motherboard need to be repaired , might cost 2k+ ,hence bought the new one..it's good but bit noise

Not very encouraging :fear:
Did the first one conk off?

5 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Any other good brand you can suggest? I was thinking of luminous.

When I first bought the ups I used five things in total. Three which are on battery and two slots which surge protected. Battery slots were occupied by TV, Pc and Ps4. Router and power for my internet devices. Because of this I had to keep it on 24*7 hence the fan noise. 

Now I only use the three battery slots. I shifted router and power for Point to point device to another surge protector. 

The Pc is on everyday for minimum 14+ hours. However, I power Down the system before sleeping. Now there is no fan noise at all. 

Br1100 black color model with lcd display does not fan noise issue but it's 9k.

• Like 1

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread