The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

2 minutes ago, roun90 said:

What's the budget you are looking at per TV?

For the 1st one, it will be whatever an OLED will cost at that time. For 2nd one, it is around 95k. Might stretch if i can get an OLED for around 1.15-1.2 lac at that time.

53 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

For the 1st one, it will be whatever an OLED will cost at that time. For 2nd one, it is around 95k. Might stretch if i can get an OLED for around 1.15-1.2 lac at that time.

Sony A8F OLED will give you the most awesome picture quality. It's an absolutely awesome TV and one of the best OLEDs overall. Not to mention, Sony TVs have one of the best upscalers, that make rven 1080p content look almost as good as 4k. A9F is the latest, but Sony has jacked up price too much so I can't recommend it.

A8F 55 " is going for 1.75 lakhs on Amazon. You may be able to find it cheaper in brick and mortar stores.

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-138-8-inches-Bravia-KD-55A8F/dp/B07BWKVBYW

65" is going for 2.5 lakhs on Amazon. Again might be cheaper offline, and 65" TV really looks better over 55". Again might be cheaper offline.

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-163-9-inches-Ultra-KD-65A8F/dp/B07CB4ZHKR/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=sony+a8f+65&qid=1565258246&s=gateway&sprefix=sony+a8&sr=8-1

Also as mentioned above, you can get LG C8 for 1.10 lakhs

17 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Sony A8F OLED will give you the most awesome picture quality. It's an absolutely awesome TV and one of the best OLEDs overall. Not to mention, Sony TVs have one of the best upscalers, that make rven 1080p content look almost as good as 4k. A9F is the latest, but Sony has jacked up price too much so I can't recommend it.

A8F 55 " is going for 1.75 lakhs on Amazon. You may be able to find it cheaper in brick and mortar stores.

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-138-8-inches-Bravia-KD-55A8F/dp/B07BWKVBYW

65" is going for 2.5 lakhs on Amazon. Again might be cheaper offline, and 65" TV really looks better over 55". Again might be cheaper offline.

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-163-9-inches-Ultra-KD-65A8F/dp/B07CB4ZHKR/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=sony+a8f+65&qid=1565258246&s=gateway&sprefix=sony+a8&sr=8-1

Also as mentioned above, you can get LG C8 for 1.10 lakhs

I would stick with LG for OLED. Difference in picture quality is not that big considering the price difference between the two.

5 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

I would stick with LG for OLED. Difference in picture quality is not that big considering the price difference between the two.

LG is also a very good brand. Whatever brand is up to you. But if at all possible, I would urge you to consider one 65" OLED and the othef 55". 65" makes a ton of difference and looks absolutely awesome.

21 minutes ago, roun90 said:

LG is also a very good brand. Whatever brand is up to you. But if at all possible, I would urge you to consider one 65" OLED and the othef 55". 65" makes a ton of difference and looks absolutely awesome.

There isn't going to be enough distance between the wall and the viewing distance in my gaming room and bedroom to justify a 65 inch tv. Otherwise, i would have gone for a 65 inch model.

Edited by Sach4life

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Any recommendation for 47 to 55 Inch 4K TV in the 45 to 50k range? Was considering the one from Xiaomi but the reviews on Amazon aren't great at all.

There are a few Lg 49" models that go for 59990 plus discount. You could check those models on amazon and enquire locally.

Any recommendation for 47 to 55 Inch 4K TV in the 45 to 50k range? Was considering the one from Xiaomi but the reviews on Amazon aren't great at all.
VU premium android tv 55 inch which sells for around 40k is great . One of my relatives bought and says picture quality is superb . It has HDR 10 with Dolby vision. it has 16 GB storage and 2 GB ram so specs are decent .
Check reviews on Flipkart for more info .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

VU premium android tv 55 inch which sells for around 40k is great . One of my relatives bought and says picture quality is superb . It has HDR 10 with Dolby vision. it has 16 GB storage and 2 GB ram so specs are decent .
Check reviews on Flipkart for more info .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

+1

Father wants to buy a new TV for hall (well lit area)

This Qled/OLED by samsung just marketing names or what is the real difference and better in the end ? 

If they are really the real deal, dealing the purchase for 6 months is also an option.

4k for sure.

Budget for now : 65k, size : 43 to 55 inch, if 43 inch in this budget is way ahead then 43, but if not much difference then 55 inch.

Budget can be stretched but only for if it's worth it/huge difference.

Don't understand these tech stuff much, so basically what's trending, what's best and why(in consumer terms) ?

Edited by GunnerY2J

37 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Father wants to buy a new TV for hall (well lit area)

This Qled/OLED by samsung just marketing names or what is the real difference and better in the end ? 

If they are really the real deal, dealing the purchase for 6 months is also an option.

4k for sure.

Budget for now : 65k, size : 43 to 55 inch, if 43 inch in this budget is way ahead then 43, but if not much difference then 55 inch.

Budget can be stretched but only for if it's worth it/huge difference.

Don't understand these tech stuff much, so basically what's trending, what's best and why(in consumer terms) ?

Well, in short, OLED is the way to go. Best PQ with deepest blacks.

QLED is not OLED, does not produce as deep blacks but can get comparatively brighter than OLED.

Although OLED will get bright enough to handle well lit areas.

OLED does come with permanent picture retention i.e. burn in but modern Tv's have tech to mitigate that, so unless you 

blast the TV at full brightness with the same image all the time, you won't experience. And that's what QLED does not have,

no risk at all.

Basically, don't think of QLED in any different way as compared to what other brands offer.

Now at that budget, both of them will be out of your reach, your budget needs to be around 1.1L otherwise.

It's worth the money, but probably not enough if it's not your primary tv. This ultimately boils down to you.

In your budget, you can look at various 4k models which LG makes.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

It's worth the money, but probably not enough if it's not your primary tv. This ultimately boils down to you.

In your budget, you can look at various 4k models which LG makes.

Great explaination,

OLED is better than Qled but how better is Qled compared to normal ?

With this budget of 60 k then, a 43 inch QLED Samsung fits within range, 

Would once head to the shop to notice the big difference between QLED and normal 4k a d decide.If not noticeable by myself then 55 inch normal 4k.

Might prefer Samsung over LG.

(Can get a bit extra discount for Samsung)

If not have been suggested sanyo,iffalcon but most probably Samsung.

Edited by GunnerY2J

15 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Great explaination,

OLED is better than Qled but how better is Qled compared to normal ?

With this budget of 60 k then, a 43 inch QLED Samsung fits within range, 

Would once head to the shop to notice the big difference between QLED and normal 4k a d decide.If not noticeable by myself then 55 inch normal 4k.

Might prefer Samsung over LG.

(Can get a bit extra discount for Samsung)

If not have been suggested sanyo,iffalcon but most probably Samsung.

QLED is not better or worse than normal. It just so happens that Samsung terms their range as QLED.

You don't have to consider the term at all.  QLED is normal, don't treat it differently.

The difference will only be due to one being of a higher range, not because of QLED.

You should go with atleast a 55inch, because no amount of PQ will be able to compensate.

In this price range, it won't be logical to for Samsung.

Go with LG, better bang for the buck and assurance of a well known brand.

Otherwise my suggestion would be to stick with IFFalcon or VU premium, most bang for the buck.

Edited by kunjanp

I know something must be missing on the Samsung one other than the 1cm difference.

But basic features seem to be more or less the same.

Will enquire showroom prices, will only get Samsung if the same price as LG and same features.

(He does give extra discount so I think they might come out at the same price and cheaper than online)

7ac083a4aa36f6a9f5ec4e3300b6ee3e.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

Vu Premium Android 163cm (65 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV

This is really good..

Dont even go near the Samsung 6 series which is released this year.. Really poor in terms of even comparing with budget range ones..

Check out Techiebeez India youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEl1itQU0Yg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CDa_CjZH6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L4K9xki37k

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

I know something must be missing on the Samsung one other than the 1cm difference.

Will enquire showroom prices, will only get Samsung if the same price as LG and same features.

(He does give extra discount so I think they might come out at the same price and cheaper than online)

Stay away from Samsung 6 series, they aren't close to the other competitor's performance.

You will be forking over money mainly for the brand.

Go for VU Premium or IFFalcon.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Picture quality matters in tvs, not features. There is no point of features if picture quality is pure. For your budget, go for 55 inch vu premium. Excellent vfm

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 2:10 AM, El Tigre Chino said:

Wait for some days. OP is launching a 55 inch TV. 

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread