The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

On 8/26/2019 at 12:41 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Wait for some days. OP is launching a 55 inch TV. 

Yep. Holding off till there's more info on this. Mostly will go for a VU 55 or 65 inch as recommended above because news on the OP TV is that it's going to be priced in the premium TV range. Have little hopes that it will fit I  this budget but if it's great VFM then will consider stretching

For people with the VU Android TV, how's the UI? I've read on some TVs it get very laggy. Would it be better to get the Linux based version instead?

10 hours ago, Defender487 said:

Is tv a good choice for pc monitor ? As per ur experience

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Depends on usage. Not a great choice for high framerate or competitive gaming. Don't consider it if you intend to do photo editing or any editing work that involves color accuracy.

Otherwise for general usage like browsing and watching movies, if you are okay with scaling font, you can go for it.

Edited by l33tmaniac

Depends on usage. Not a great choice for high framerate or competitive gaming. Don't consider it if you intend to do photo editing or any editing work that involves color accuracy.

Otherwise for general usage like browsing and watching movies, if you are okay with scaling font, you can go for it.
Thank u for the input
Which brand should I buy any suggestion ?

1 minute ago, Defender487 said:

Thank u for the input
Which brand should I buy any suggestion ?

Not been following the recent trends. Check out what the others have commented. They'll have more info! 

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know if its just me but i think most of the movies look so much better on my TV rather than in a theater. Apart from select PVR theaters and IMAX, where ever i go after about 15 mins into the movie i am like it looks much better on my TV than here. You guys feel the same? I am on  X8500f Sony. Have started to skip many movies now because of this.

Edited by hope

On 8/28/2019 at 1:01 AM, l33tmaniac said:

Modern Tv's have several pc specific modes now. My LG does 1080p@120hz. I have enough juice to run games at 1080p@120fps. Pc input makes lag noticeable. The only one should consider before making a purchase of Tv for usage as monitor is lag input in SDR and HDR and the viewing distance. You cannot sit close to a 43 inch Tv the same way we do with monitors.   

Photo editing will require pro grade monitors which cost a bomb. If one can afford that then by all means get those. 

On 8/5/2019 at 5:06 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

From Reliance Digital, after haggling with LG Shoppe and Croma. 

They billed for 1.3lacs, with CB in account (not wallet) for 27k. 2k or some CB by paying down payment via Citi (or was it HDFC - dont remember), and rest via Bajaj Finserv (NC-EMI). 

I guess I'll have to check our the same Reliance digital. Not able to find this deal at local croma. :(

23 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

I guess I'll have to check our the same Reliance digital. Not able to find this deal at local croma. :(

Wait till Diwali. 

Even at diwali, Croma wasn't willing to give major discount. So I wouldn't count on them. For almost every big electronic shopping, found RD to be better. We bought our TV, fridge, washing machine etc from them. On every occasion they gave better discounts, and in general were more pleasing to talk to as compared to Croma guys. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, gs_RoXxX said:

Thinking to buy vu premium android tv 43inch one. Anyone knows which version of android os is it running on? Also will sideloading apps work because it does not support netflix and prime video.

??? Netflix app is there and prime video also works through inbuilt chromecast.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, gs_RoXxX said:

Thinking to buy vu premium android tv 43inch one. Anyone knows which version of android os is it running on? Also will sideloading apps work because it does not support netflix and prime video.

It's running on Android Oreo 8.0 .

• Like 1

OnePlus TV launched in two variants Q1 and Q1 Pro . Prices 70k and 1 lakhs respectively . 

TV specs - 55 inch 4k QLED panel with HDR10+ , Dolby vision and Dolby Atmos support. It has inbuilt Gama Processor to provide better range of colors and more accurate picture . 

Supports Android 9.0 out of the box and with most streaming apps already installed .

Netflix support to be launched soon . 

Q1 Pro comes with Motorized soundbar with 8 speakers to enhance sound.  That's the only difference between the two models . 

Waiting for the reviews now .

OnePlus TV launched in two variants Q1 and Q1 Pro . Prices 70k and 1 lakhs respectively . 
TV specs - 55 inch 4k QLED panel with HDR10+ , Dolby vision and Dolby Atmos support. It has inbuilt Gama Processor to provide better range of colors and more accurate picture . 
Supports Android 9.0 out of the box and with most streaming apps already installed .
Netflix support to be launched soon . 

Q1 Pro comes with Motorized soundbar with 8 speakers to enhance sound.  That's the only difference between the two models . 

Waiting for the reviews now .
For these specs 70k is a decent price. Although I will always prefer an established tested brand for anything above 50k.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

For these specs 70k is a decent price. Although I will always prefer an established tested brand for anything above 50k.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

There's Motorola TV too with similar specs for 40k

Came back from the Oneplus event and although I can't say with much accuracy because of the content they were playing and the lighting which was available, but this should be one decent tv because it was really bright (sustained).

I would say it was on par or better than my Sony X90e which although is a couple years old but is still damn good.

Only thing which I couldn't really observe was contrast ratio, though in a couple of dark scenes it looked good enough.

Though does require a bit of color correction.

And the pro version, really punches good sound. Though it makes sense to buy non pro and invest in another audio solution.

Edited by kunjanp

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread