The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

https://youtu.be/RPN8Nd1ZEDI

So dark areas aren't clear, lack of details. Moving between HDR and SDR is kinda f**ked up and remote ergonomics are weak (long press OP button to get a phone like menu, and them click to shut down, WTF !!). 
At 1l, it's hitting the OLED territory, and OLED PQ is miles ahead. 
At 70k, you can get slightly less fancy TVs for cheaper price and better VFM.

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

https://youtu.be/RPN8Nd1ZEDI

So dark areas aren't clear, lack of details. Moving between HDR and SDR is kinda f**ked up and remote ergonomics are weak (long press OP button to get a phone like menu, and them click to shut down, WTF !!). 
At 1l, it's hitting the OLED territory, and OLED PQ is miles ahead. 
At 70k, you can get slightly less fancy TVs for cheaper price and better VFM.

Pretty much. Rather get a MI or VU tv for around 25k less, or if you want to get a proper high end set, just get an OLED.

On a side not, booked two LG C9 OLEDs (55'') for my bedroom and gaming room. Would take delivery on Sunday. So excited :wub: :wOOtjumpy:

Edited by Sach4life

1 hour ago, Sach4life said:

Pretty much. Rather get a MI or VU tv for around 25k less, or if you want to get a proper high end set, just get an OLED.

On a side not, booked two LG C9 OLEDs (55'') for my bedroom and gaming room. Would take delivery on Sunday. So excited :wub: :wOOtjumpy:

Congrats man ! You are in for a treat. Also holy f**king reech beech. 2 OLEDs !! :samui:

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Congrats man ! You are in for a treat. Also holy f**king reech beech. 2 OLEDs !! :samui:

My initial plan was to get only one for my gaming room and get a good 49"''led for my own room, but i couldn't find any good 4k tv in that size. All had some or the other flaws and high end leds anyway cost as much as OLEDs. Also, i got a good deal on the OLEDs, so bought them straight away (1.23 lac for 1).

2 hours ago, djanuj said:
2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

How do you know about the quality of Motorola TV? It isn't out yet and there are no reviews either.

It's not launched yet. But I saw the reviews online. They have good things to say about it.

Will check them out as i have to buy a tv in that range. Mulling between VU and Micromax.

Will check them out as i have to buy a tv in that range. Mulling between VU and Micromax.
Don't go for both. Vu maybe better but no for Micromax. Better to check MITv Motorola. Even ifalcon (TCL) Brand are good.

48 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

My initial plan was to get only one for my gaming room and get a good 49"''led for my own room, but i couldn't find any good 4k tv in that size. All had some or the other flaws and high end leds anyway cost as much as OLEDs. Also, i got a good deal on the OLEDs, so bought them straight away (1.23 lac for 1).

How much did thr oled cost? 1.23 L? 

Any idea what the c8 model is going for? 

Also if you wouldnt mind sharing store /person of contact details on PM.

47 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

VU premium Android is way better than Micromax in terms of picture quality as well as sound.  

Now between VU premium and Mi 4x - VU's picture quality is still better than Mi 4x and it plays SD content very well unlike Mi 4x . Also VU premium supports Dolby Vision in addition to HDR10+ while MI 4X supports HDR10+ but not Dolby vision . 

But Mi 4x has a better build and better software experience . VU premium's UI is a bit laggy.  

So depending on what you need you can decide what to buy.  

TCL tv's are good but it doesn't beat VU premium in picture quality or Mi4x in software and practically . 

A day after launch of OnePlus TV Samsung reduces price of it's new Frame QLED TV ..

Initial Launch price was 1.2 Lakhs . 

https://m.economictimes.com/magazines/panache/a-day-after-oneplus-tv-launch-samsung-offers-discount-on-frame-qled-tv-at-rs-84990/articleshow/71326134.cms

You can get additional discount of 5k using credit/debit cards and net banking and bring the cost down to 80k . 

Only found this video so far . 

Edited by Krazyniks

11 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

A day after launch of OnePlus TV Samsung reduces price of it's new Frame QLED TV ..

Initial Launch price was 1.2 Lakhs . 

https://m.economictimes.com/magazines/panache/a-day-after-oneplus-tv-launch-samsung-offers-discount-on-frame-qled-tv-at-rs-84990/articleshow/71326134.cms

You can get additional discount of 5k using credit/debit cards and net banking and bring the cost down to 80k . 

Only found this video so far . 

It will actually go for 72k during BBD as the price has been revealed as 79990 plus 10% extra.

5 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

VU premium Android is way better than Micromax in terms of picture quality as well as sound.  

Now between VU premium and Mi 4x - VU's picture quality is still better than Mi 4x and it plays SD content very well unlike Mi 4x . Also VU premium supports Dolby Vision in addition to HDR10+ while MI 4X supports HDR10+ but not Dolby vision . 

But Mi 4x has a better build and better software experience . VU premium's UI is a bit laggy.  

So depending on what you need you can decide what to buy.  

TCL tv's are good but it doesn't beat VU premium in picture quality or Mi4x in software and practically . 

I do have a VU tv at home currently and i am impressed with its performance. PQ is really good for the price. Was just wondering whether MI is better or not. I mistakingly wrote micromax

6 hours ago, djanuj said:
6 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Don't go for both. Vu maybe better but no for Micromax. Better to check MITv Motorola. Even ifalcon (TCL) Brand are good.

I meant MI, mistakingly wrote micromax

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread