The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

5 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

What's the difference between pixel light and premium ? 

Premium is 36 k and pixel light 32k ?  

8000 additional for vu premium compared to ifflacon seems too much ?

Main difference is the colour engine.. Pixel light is more bright vivid and premium has more real life colors.. Big difference on contrast with Premium on higher side.. Then android is there on premium too.. If you are ok with that you can go with pixelight too, its not a bad TV in any way..

Check Techiebeez video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSc6_DcdAno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfmS5DSPFOA

Edited by funnyadit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

What's the difference between pixel light and premium ? 

Premium is 36 k and pixel light 32k.

8000 additional for vu premium compared to ifflacon seems too much ?

You're getting a much better quality both in picture and build compared to Ifflacon.

Also VU premium upscales SD/HD content to 4k very well . So if the TV will be used for watching DTH a lot then VU would be better.  

Yeah if you don't need Android then pixel light is good too . 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

You're getting a much better quality both in picture and build compared to Ifflacon.

Also VU premium upscales SD/HD content to 4k very well . So if the TV will be used for watching DTH a lot then VU would be better.  

Yeah if you don't need Android then pixel light is good too . 

Yes, primarily for DTH viewing.

What is the purpose of android in a TV ?

I mean Netflix etc stuff is already there ,what is the actual effective use of android ?

Will Need to get a demo of pixellight vs ifflacon.

Edited by GunnerY2J

You can sideload any app that you want. Your manufacturer did not pay commission to include prime video on your Linux tv, you are out of luck. On Android I can simply install the app from the play store.

Plus i can even install apps not even on the play store

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/iffalcon-tcl-ai-powered-k31-138-78cm-55-inch-ultra-hd-4k-led-smart-android-tv-hdr-10/p/itmfhmrgmtsg5c8w?pid=TVSFHMRGFZYK7V57&cmpid=product.share.pp

Can anybody tell what's the difference between this and ifflacon of 35k.

Went to offline store and they said the 28k one is online only model and can offer the 35k one at 33k and everyone's seems to be praising this offline model.

Don't know about this one.

Price seems a bit fishy.

Would go for vu pixelight then but ifflacon at 28k seeming too good a deal.

14 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

I mean Netflix etc stuff is already there ,what is the actual effective use of android ?

Will Need to get a demo of pixellight vs ifflacon.

With Android you get access to lot more apps than a smart TV (like Pixelight ) and you also get Google assistant.  

So if you don't want access to other apps or use Google assistant in searching videos then Android is not needed . 

Yeah see if you can get a demo it will help you in deciding

20 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/iffalcon-tcl-ai-powered-k31-138-78cm-55-inch-ultra-hd-4k-led-smart-android-tv-hdr-10/p/itmfhmrgmtsg5c8w?pid=TVSFHMRGFZYK7V57&cmpid=product.share.pp

Can anybody tell what's the difference between this and ifflacon of 35k.

Went to offline store and they said the 28k one is online only model and can offer the 35k one at 33k and everyone's seems to be praising this offline model.

Don't know about this one.

Price seems a bit fishy.

Would go for vu pixelight then but ifflacon at 28k seeming too good a deal.

The offline model - k2a was available online as well but now it's out of stock and is a year old model .

Major difference K31 has less brightness and contrast ratio as compared to k2a . It does have better sound though . 

Yeah 28k is a good deal but since your TV would be used for watching DTH as well and VU upscaling technology is much better than that of iffalcon, So I would suggest VU pixelight. 

Also VU Pixelight is giving 1000Rs off on using any prepaid methods like CC/DC/Net banking/EMI . So net cost comes to be 31k. 

@Krazyniks yes would use SBI card to get 10% off tomorrow , can be used in all the three

Premium, pixelight or iffalcon between the three.

Premium is the clear winner but for an added 8k and also out of stock.

I would use it only to watch football (once a week) others will use it to watch star plus.

I don't think difference matters when Viewing star Plus.

As even tcl vs lg 4k showed marginal difference at store.

Might get hotstar instead of DTH, not sure. DTH is more convenient but expensive. Hotstar doesn't upscale right ? Everything is already at best ?

And I might or might not use PS4 pro on it. (Currently using it on 32 inch normal Sony)

Edited by GunnerY2J

2 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

I think @Sach4life has VU Premium, you can check with him for some feedback.

Quality of VU Premium is fantastic for the price. Great value for money tv. 4k content looks fantastic and upscaling is really good. I can't compare it with Ifflacon as i haven't seen it but i definitely recommend VU

2 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

@Krazyniks yes would use SBI card to get 10% off tomorrow , can be used in all the three

Premium, pixelight or iffalcon between the three.

Premium is the clear winner but for an added 8k and also out of stock.

I would use it only to watch football (once a week) others will use it to watch star plus.

I don't think difference matters when Viewing star Plus.

As even tcl vs lg 4k showed marginal difference at store.

Might get hotstar instead of DTH, not sure. DTH is more convenient but expensive. Hotstar doesn't upscale right ? Everything is already at best ?

And I might or might not use PS4 pro on it. (Currently using it on 32 inch normal Sony)

The SBI discount on all 3 TV'S is there yes but i was just saying pixelight is giving additional 1k off apart from SBI card discount .

Anyways since you are heading towards Android TV so it doesn't matter . 

VU premium - there's definitely some problem with seller / stock . 55 inch TV is rarely available on my location ( Indore ) but it's available for Gwalior but again not available for Surat and neither  Nagpur . 43/50 inch models are almost always available though .

Hotstar streams channels / programme's to the best available quality which is generally FHD. Your TV would again do the upscaling to it's native 4k resolution .

Upscaling from FHD to 4k is easy most TV's do it well . Upscaling SD/720p content is not so easy where only few TV's do well .

If you do use it for gaming then with VU premium you can enjoy HDR gaming with your PS4 pro . HDR on these budget TV's is for namesake generally but VU premium supports Dolby Vision in addition to HDR10+ so it should offer better gaming experience than iffalcon tv. 

Edited by Krazyniks

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

The SBI discount on all 3 TV'S is there yes but i was just saying pixelight is giving additional 1k off apart from SBI card discount .

Anyways since you are heading towards Android TV so it doesn't matter . 

U mean it ll be 1750 (10% discount cap) plus 1000 discount.

Total 2750 discount for paying via SBI debit card for pixelight ?

Edited by GunnerY2J

12 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

U mean it ll be 1750 (10% discount cap) plus 1000 discount.

Total 2750 discount for paying via SBI debit card for pixelight ?

Yes . 

It's showing 31k for me now after 1k discount by just selecting on net banking option or my hdfc card . Generally card offer discount (SBI in this case ) is additional . So you should get 2750 discount . 

• Like 1

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread