The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

1 hour ago, funnyadit said:

In this video watch from 8:47 she talks about sound.. And she says its really good..She even says theres no need for external speakers with the TV.. Just a suggestion.. If you got it online you could opt for replacement in 10 days..

That's really strange.

Maybe the hall is too big.

But my brother ridiculed me good of getting fooled after hearing it's voice and it was hurting the ears when playing normal music channels : 9xm

And wasn't able to understand dialogues.

But that was a case for dialogues with the older sony as well for us - music was fine.

Maybe I should call the installation guy and get it checked from him if there's an issue with this one, don't want to get a replacement for nothing.

(It takes days and then installation and plus you can order a replacement only once - what if there's a good defect the next time)

I don't know, replacement will at least clear any doubt.

Edited by GunnerY2J

3 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

That's really strange.

But my brother ridiculed me good of getting fooled after hearing it's voice and it was hurting the ears when playing normal music channels : 9xm

Maybe I should call the installation guy and get it checked from him if there's an issue with this one, don't want to get a replacement for nothing.

(It takes days and then installation and plus you can order a replacement only once - what if there's a good defect the next time)

For that you could simply increase treble and decrease Bass .. That should help..

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

That's really strange.

For that you could simply increase treble and decrease Bass .. That should help.. I did that for Marq too.. Works well now..

Edited by funnyadit

2 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Thanks for the neat tips.

I don't know any of the most basic technical stuff.

Will try a few games on pro and tell how's it.

Hey I also bought vu premium android last month. Regarding sound since I was coming from a previous vu tv only I knew sound won't be that great and it actually isn't but its not that bad either that I cannot understand the dialogues. I hooked up speaker to previous vu tv and also to this one as well so sound is looked after. 

Initially for the first few days tv ran like super slow and I was like I put the bet on wrong horse but after a week of usage tv works faster than before as in app loading times are quicker now.

Do let me know how gaming looks like on your tv since I don't own a console at the moment. I did hooked up my laptop to tv and was able to get full 4k support with only limitation being from laptop side that is 4k 30hz so I am stuck with 30hz in case of laptop but boy it looked pretty . If you have a laptop that can output 4k at 60hz you are gonna enjoy it.

Rest at last if you can check one thing that is connect a bluetooth speaker or headphone with tv and then try running netflix 4k titles and see if they work because in my case they don't work with bluetooth audio but work fine normally. So maybe you can confirm if its actually a netflix issue or tv issue.

On 10/30/2019 at 12:23 AM, gs_RoXxX said:

Hey I also bought vu premium android last month. Regarding sound since I was coming from a previous vu tv only I knew sound won't be that great and it actually isn't but its not that bad either that I cannot understand the dialogues. I hooked up speaker to previous vu tv and also to this one as well so sound is looked after. 

Initially for the first few days tv ran like super slow and I was like I put the bet on wrong horse but after a week of usage tv works faster than before as in app loading times are quicker now.

Do let me know how gaming looks like on your tv since I don't own a console at the moment. I did hooked up my laptop to tv and was able to get full 4k support with only limitation being from laptop side that is 4k 30hz so I am stuck with 30hz in case of laptop but boy it looked pretty . If you have a laptop that can output 4k at 60hz you are gonna enjoy it.

Rest at last if you can check one thing that is connect a bluetooth speaker or headphone with tv and then try running netflix 4k titles and see if they work because in my case they don't work with bluetooth audio but work fine normally. So maybe you can confirm if its actually a netflix issue or tv issue.

I am yet to play.

Would post about it.

One thing does this message comes everytime you switch on the TV : weak HDMI signal and then signal recieved at the start.

So it's been a good 4 months with the VU Premium Android. Everything was working fine till about 1 week back when the remote refused to switch on  the TV. Changed 4 sets of batteries and none worked. So I used my phone to control the TV and unpaired the remote but the remote wouldn't get detected for pairing either. Anyone with a Activoice remote will know the tiny led under the mic hole lights up when any button is pressed. This wasn't happening. So finally decided to call VU support.

VU: Welcome blah blah blah

Me : My activoice remote isn't working.

VU: is it paired with the TV?

Me: It was but becuase it wasn't working I unpaired it but not it's not getting detected.

VU : OK sir we will reset the remote. First remove the batteries from the remote.

Me : Ok done.

VU : Now press the Google Assistant button for 15 seconds

Me : (Skeptical but I do it anyway because wtf do I know) Ok its done.

VU : Now press the home button for 15 secs.

Me : What does this do? (At this point I'm thinking this is probably clearing some primitive rom/bios or draining any latent charge, but wtf do I know)

VU : We are trying to reset the remote sir.

Me : Without any batteries? I mean does it have like a button cell inside to clear the chip or something? (I'm not being a smart a*s, just curious)

VU : Ummmm..... No sir it will reset the remote.

Me : (Ok he's the boss so I press the home button for 15 secs) Done!

VU : Now put the batteries in the remote and try to switch on the TV

Me : (After trying and nothing) That didn't work

VU : Ok sir I'm registering a complaint and a technician will visit in 48 hours. 

Me : Ok. Thanks for trying. Have a good day.

VU : Thank you sir blah blah blah.

I hung up and decided to try the press 15 secs with the batteries in the remote and the damn thing worked. VU support guy probably read his script wrong but I'd expect these guys to think about what they're asking they're customers to do. This is just plain sad. I can imagine some poor soul not inclined to try something because its a TV and these things aren't cheap and not everyone leans towards tinkering, waiting for a technician to come and do what I did in 5 minutes. Which brings me to the second part of the service. I got a call today from a VU technician for directions to my address. Mind you this is 8 days after my complaint. I politely explain that the issue is fixed and he does not need to visit. I waited mainly because I wanted to know what the average I could expect from VU after that call that did not leave me with confidence. 

Anyway Fantastic hardware, Poor service experience. If I have issues in the future my default attitude will be "get my issue fixed in 24 hours or expect a call every 2 hours with an Irate customer"

28 minutes ago, Walker said:

So it's been a good 4 months with the VU Premium Android. Everything was working fine till about 1 week back when the remote refused to switch on  the TV. Changed 4 sets of batteries and none worked. So I used my phone to control the TV and unpaired the remote but the remote wouldn't get detected for pairing either. Anyone with a Activoice remote will know the tiny led under the mic hole lights up when any button is pressed. This wasn't happening. So finally decided to call VU support.

VU: Welcome blah blah blah

Me : My activoice remote isn't working.

VU: is it paired with the TV?

Me: It was but becuase it wasn't working I unpaired it but not it's not getting detected.

VU : OK sir we will reset the remote. First remove the batteries from the remote.

Me : Ok done.

VU : Now press the Google Assistant button for 15 seconds

Me : (Skeptical but I do it anyway because wtf do I know) Ok its done.

VU : Now press the home button for 15 secs.

Me : What does this do? (At this point I'm thinking this is probably clearing some primitive rom/bios or draining any latent charge, but wtf do I know)

VU : We are trying to reset the remote sir.

Me : Without any batteries? I mean does it have like a button cell inside to clear the chip or something? (I'm not being a smart a*s, just curious)

VU : Ummmm..... No sir it will reset the remote.

Me : (Ok he's the boss so I press the home button for 15 secs) Done!

VU : Now put the batteries in the remote and try to switch on the TV

Me : (After trying and nothing) That didn't work

VU : Ok sir I'm registering a complaint and a technician will visit in 48 hours. 

Me : Ok. Thanks for trying. Have a good day.

VU : Thank you sir blah blah blah

WTF ???

Another thing I ll say about the pixel light that should also make it best to avoid at all costs.

The viewing angles suck.

If you are watching from the middle, the picture's good and colorful but watching from both of the wider angles and the picture fades considerably.

I don't know how one particular review says viewing angles are very good. (I believe they are paid)

Edited by GunnerY2J

15 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Another thing I ll say about the pixel light that should also make it best to avoid at all costs.

The viewing angles suck.

If you are watching from the middle, the picture's good and colorful but watching from both of the wider angles and the picture fades considerably.

I don't know how one particular review says viewing angles are very good. (I believe they are paid)

Hey I saw yout message above and can confirm that signal not available message but its not a big deal for me.

Btw how is the youtube 4k/4k60 fps  playback on your tv on youtube? On mine 4k videos stutters on youtube but plays fine everywhere else including netflix. Can you confirm if  the issue is with me only?

14 minutes ago, gs_RoXxX said:

Hey I saw yout message above and can confirm that signal not available message but its not a big deal for me.

Btw how is the youtube 4k/4k60 fps  playback on your tv on youtube? On mine 4k videos stutters on youtube but plays fine everywhere else including netflix. Can you confirm if  the issue is with me only?

Didn't play YouTube much, will try. (Don't have Netflix to compare with)

Stutters means atakana ?

What about the viewing angles ? 

The difference from middle to anywhere else is very very noticeable for me.

6 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Didn't play YouTube much, will try. (Don't have Netflix to compare with)

Stutters means atakana ?

What about the viewing angles ? 

The difference from middle to anywhere else is very very noticeable for me.

Yes like 60 fps video runs in 30fps for me and also for 4k videos on yt half the time video is buffering even though I have 100mbps net at home and other devices run 4k with no issue at all

Yes viewing angles are bad you have to be in middle to get best colours otherwise color fade is too much!! 

My previous tv was also vu but it never had the viewing angle problem , you can look from anywhere you want the colours will still look same and it also had same A+ Grade Panel.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gs_RoXxX said:

Yes like 60 fps video runs in 30fps for me and also for 4k videos on yt half the time video is buffering even though I have 100mbps net at home and other devices run 4k with no issue at all

Yes viewing angles are bad you have to be in middle to get best colours otherwise color fade is too much!! 

My previous tv was also vu but it never had the viewing angle problem , you can look from anywhere you want the colours will still look same and it also had same A+ Grade Panel.

Wish I knew this earlier,how can they continue the model with such a huge issue.

And people giving so high ratings on flipkart site plus the YouTube reviews not mentioning the obvious (the viewing angle thing)

I have mobile data only and it did not buffer a great deal, it was good for 4k quality I think.

Since everyone is posting about their experience so far i will also go ahead.

6 month old MarQ 40 inch Full HD non smart tv.. everything working fine so far no issues. wish had gotten the Mi Smart 43 but was a bit out of budget. Tv feels a bit small tho as distance from tv to opposite end of room is about 15ft although i within 8 feet most of the times. not tried any games as i dont have console, only HD tat sky ,it looks ok i guess,nothing else to compare to so cant say for sure.Viewing angles seem fine as well.

Just picked up a 65 inch 4k hdr TV from Samsung (RU7400) for my room.Amazing pq although not as bright a samsung q80r in the living room. Excellent value for money, yet to try gaming on itb95e899aea470165fb516b3536b632dd.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

What distance are you viewing this from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread