The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

On 11/24/2019 at 1:06 PM, i_rock098 said:

I just checked for update on my tv, it says your system is up to date. How do i get the update you guys are getting? 62f5ab04b810519a968f2811e7113001.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Check the security patch date if its june 2019 then its upto date.

50 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

It's not, mine is on Dec 18

Did the update add any features?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

not from what I can see aside from the UI being snappier. The update did mention fixes but i didn't really check at the time.

Mine is on February 2019 on Marq TV..
Why don't these budget tvs get updated? Android 9 is already out for TV with 10 also coming soon but rarely do they get updated.
not from what I can see aside from the UI being snappier. The update did mention fixes but i didn't really check at the time.

Ah then I don't think I am missing out on much.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Why don't these budget tvs get updated? Android 9 is already out for TV with 10 also coming soon but rarely do they get updated.

Yeah but I dont expect too much updates from them as well for the price they provide TV at.. Then you dont have a difference with premium range TVs apart from clarity.. As long as TV works well in changing apps, scrolling and other small features its all good IMO..

Though I get other google updates and other apps update through play store automatically which is good..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Not android and also out of budget.

Need within 20k preferably.

Since you are spending that much , I would suggest to save more and go for Vu premium Android TV or Vu Cinema TV which is likely to be 26999 from Amazon where it launches on 18th January..

If you arent brand conscious then you can go for Shinco 49 inch which is 23999

https://www.amazon.in/Shinco-Inches-Smart-S50QHDR10-Black/dp/B07HGTHJYV/ref=sr_1_53?crid=6SYPD461NG95&keywords=4k%2Btv%2B43%2Binch%2Blcd%2Btv&qid=1581487405&smid=AT95IG9ONZD7S&sprefix=4k%2Btv%2Caps%2C300&sr=8-53&th=1

Android and 4k within 20k you arent subscribing for good quality TV..

Edited by funnyadit

3 minutes ago, funnyadit said:

Since you are spending that much , I would suggest to save more and go for Vu premium Android TV or Vu Cinema TV which is likely to be 26999 from Amazon where it launches on 18th January..

If you arent brand conscious then you can go for Shinco 49 inch which is 23999

https://www.amazon.in/Shinco-Inches-Smart-S50QHDR10-Black/dp/B07HGTHJYV/ref=sr_1_53?crid=6SYPD461NG95&keywords=4k%2Btv%2B43%2Binch%2Blcd%2Btv&qid=1581487405&smid=AT95IG9ONZD7S&sprefix=4k%2Btv%2Caps%2C300&sr=8-53&th=1

Android and 4k within 20k you arent subscribing for good quality TV..

49 inch don't want.

43 or even 40 would do.

But 20k.

Need for office , not home - got vu pixelight for home (55) and not satisfied with the sound, so I was thinking more cheap won't hurt ?

I can skip 4k requirement maybe.

2 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

49 inch don't want.

43 or even 40 would do.

But 20k. 

Need for office , not home - got vu pixelight for home (55) and not satisfied with the sound, so I was thinking more cheap won't hurt ?

I can skip 4k requirement maybe. 

Oh ok.. Then maybe go with the Thomson TV.. 550 nits claimed by company ..For the price should be good I guess..

Just now, GunnerY2J said:

What is the difference between android based and Android ? 

And price increased by 1000 for Thompson since yesterday :|

Android is official android like we have on mobile.. Android based is something where the company creates their own store for apps to access..

Oh yeah just saw the screenshot of yours.. Weird that they do it like share market price..

9 minutes ago, funnyadit said:

Android is official android like we have on mobile.. Android based is something where the company creates their own store for apps to access..

Oh yeah just saw the screenshot of yours.. Weird that they do it like share market price..

So better to get real android ?

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread