The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

59 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Once you get used to of 55 inch it's tough to watch anything below that. I dont enjoy our 43 inch LG in living room after getting used fo of my 55 inch Sony in bedroom. In fact down the line I may even get 65 inch. Bigger the better viewing experience.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

What's your viewing distance? Can you see pixelated images up close, say about 5', on regular DTH?

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Brick and mortar not online.

Also it depends on your usage. If your primary usage is Tata sky or serials, I dont think dropping money on OLED makes sense.

OLED is best for Gaming or High definition movies, etc as it has true blacks and true HDR.

You can put your samsung tv for your mom, and get an OLED for yourself. But that totally depends on your need.

Hmmmm might do that.

My mom's use is mostly Tata Sky stuff and Hotstar (which isn't really up there in terms of quality). 

I use the TV for Netflix and Prime and anime, and to use my PS4 Pro, so yeah I might still get some good use out of it.

Anyway no big decisions till Diwali time anyway, but thankyou! 

As others said, LG OLED all the way. Sony and Panasonic use LG panels, and if you really want top notch, go for Panasonic. Sony is just paying for it's brand name. WebOS UI is far better than the sh*t Android UI Sony serves (unless you are hell bent on downloading useless apps on your TV). The only 2 apps I miss on LG WebOS are Sony Liv and Apple TV+. Firestick 4k for those.

I am completely on fire stick 4k now, except for Netflix, as Dolby atmos is not present in fire stick. Otherwise I need to switch on Xbox. 

Once you go OLED and go 65", you just can't watch any TV. 

5 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

8 feet around. Nope. No pixelated images on DTH or streaming. Even ps4 play is smooth af.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll do some viewing at the store and see if this will work at 5' for me.

39 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

As others said, LG OLED all the way. Sony and Panasonic use LG panels, and if you really want top notch, go for Panasonic. Sony is just paying for it's brand name. WebOS UI is far better than the sh*t Android UI Sony serves (unless you are hell bent on downloading useless apps on your TV). The only 2 apps I miss on LG WebOS are Sony Liv and Apple TV+. Firestick 4k for those.

Yes they use LG panels, but the colour on Sony TV's looks more accurate and realistic to me. Don't care about UI or features, good or bad. Nothing beats good PQ :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I am feeling the Colors and contrast on YouTube and Netflix apps on FireTV 4K to be bit underwhelming compared to how they look when played on in-built tv apps.. I only added Firestick 4K as Voot was not available and Hotstar app was buggy on the TV. I turned off the always HDR on Fire TV settings and it looked bit better but still not perfection, Any tips?

TV - Samsung SUHD 9800.

Edited by Assassins Creed

29 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

I am feeling the Colors and contrast on YouTube and Netflix apps on FireTV 4K to be bit underwhelming compared to how they look when played on in-built tv apps.. I only added Firestick 4K as Voot was not available and Hotstar app was buggy on the TV. I turned off the always HDR on Fire TV settings and it looked bit better but still not perfection, Any tips?

TV - Samsung SUHD 9800.

Maybe manually adjust the picture settings as per your preference. I think that would be the best solution.

• Like 1

I am looking for a TV for bedroom, no rush at all. Is Qled better than other leds except oled? How does it compare to the triluminous display!?

I am looking to for a TV. Can't get one plus as its reviews aren't good. So, I saw that Samsung The Frame sells at around 75k during the sale which is a stretch in the budget for me. I will only stretch budget if something really worth the money can be seen, otherwise I would just settle for some cheap VU or something 55'.

Samsung The Frame because of QLED and 120Hz refresh rate which is a win! Art mode is fine extra addition but since it is for the bedroom, I can sacrifice this for a better TV. The thing that is most important is picture quality and course refresh rate as I'll be connecting my PC too.

9 hours ago, dante77 said:

I am looking for a TV for bedroom, no rush at all. Is Qled better than other leds except oled? How does it compare to the triluminous display!?

I am looking to for a TV. Can't get one plus as its reviews aren't good. So, I saw that Samsung The Frame sells at around 75k during the sale which is a stretch in the budget for me. I will only stretch budget if something really worth the money can be seen, otherwise I would just settle for some cheap VU or something 55'.

Samsung The Frame because of QLED and 120Hz refresh rate which is a win! Art mode is fine extra addition but since it is for the bedroom, I can sacrifice this for a better TV. The thing that is most important is picture quality and course refresh rate as I'll be connecting my PC too.

I've read reviews online that say The Frame by Samsung isnt a proper qled.

The PQ is as good as a normal LED.

The proper QLEDs from Samsung are in the 90k + range, such as the Q7 series. And yes, QLEDs have deeper blacks and higher contrast than LEDs. They also have a deeper colour pallete, and hence support DV and HDR10.

Nothing beats an OLED though.

I would suggest avoiding the Frame and rather go for a normal Lg/Sony/Samsung 4k tv as it will have almost the same PQ but will easily save you close to 20k.

But again, this is based on the research I did online when I was looking for a new TV, you should always check Rtings and all to do your own research.

Yeah. But according to your research, which tv would you suggest? Is there is a huge difference between picture quality when compared to cheap ones like VU or MI? I don't think one plus tv also has any better qled panel. I can go for a LG/Samsung/Sony. Max budget would be about 60k around but if their TVs are giving the same experience as other cheap brand then I guess there is no point. Does any good brand tv gives higher than 60hz refresh rate in this price range?

Don't worry I am not gonna blame you [emoji14] I just need a suggestion before discount days.

Yeah. I am kinda noob in TV decision making. Doing my own research also! Thanks.

17 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Yeah. But according to your research, which tv would you suggest? Is there is a huge difference between picture quality when compared to cheap ones like VU or MI? I don't think one plus tv also has any better qled panel. I can go for a LG/Samsung/Sony. Max budget would be about 60k around but if their TVs are giving the same experience as other cheap brand then I guess there is no point. Does any good brand tv gives higher than 60hz refresh rate in this price range?

Don't worry I am not gonna blame you emoji14.png I just need a suggestion before discount days.

Yeah. I am kinda noob in TV decision making. Doing my own research also! Thanks.

My research was more around QLED vs OLED and specifically around the Frame as a QLED. 

The Frame as a LED is very nice, but fails as a QLED tv.

I prefer Lg, but the research I did was in 2019 and I ended up buying an OLED anyway.

But I did buy a cheaper 4k Lg LED with Active HDR in 2018 and the PQ is really good on that.

I would suggest going for LG/Sony standard LEDs if your budget is around 60k. They have much better panels than the cheaper MI/VU/TCL, etc.

Some models could be Sony x8500 or x9500 series

For LG, I can see the latest model is LG UN80 55 which has HDR 10 pro and all. Better would be to go through rtings.com 

QLED of one plus tv is a lie, its not even better than some high end LG standard LED models.

Edited by playstationdude
  • Like 1

Noted for future reference [emoji14]
Whoa default_shock3.gif any city? Thanks. Will definitely let you know, lol.
It's an order order from Samsung, currently they have a 55" entry level TV NU7090 for 43k [emoji14]

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

Want to get an OLED in the next couple of months. Eyeing the LG C9 55 inch. Want to use it with PC and consoles and the 120hz VRR and HDMI 2.1 support make it really enticing. What would be the street price?

Budget would be around 1.2Lish. 

Any other model/brand to look out for?

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

Want to get an OLED in the next couple of months. Eyeing the LG C9 55 inch. Want to use it with PC and consoles and the 120hz VRR and HDMI 2.1 support make it really enticing. What would be the street price?

Budget would be around 1.2Lish. 

Any other model/brand to look out for?

Street price for c9 should be around 1.2 only post cashbacks.

I got my B9 55 for 1.15 after cashbacks.

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread