The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

Street price for c9 should be around 1.2 only post cashbacks.

I got my B9 55 for 1.15 after cashbacks.

Any major difference between the C9 and B9 other than the processor? And where did you get it? Online of local brick n mortar store?

I ve been looking around trying to enquire prices for C9 for the last couple of days. It seems to be overpriced in Flipkart, and Amazon shows it for 1.35L and often goes out of stock. Tried going to Croma (I live in Hyd) to check and I saw a huge queue outside and decided to return.

Any idea what would be the street price? I see B9 on stock for around 1.25 on Amazon. I will mostly be buying a month or so down the line, but want inputs on whether to wait for CX/BX to drop or just bite the bullet and go for a C9 or a B9. Also, does the B9 support Gsync?

Edited by l33tmaniac

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

I ve been looking around trying to enquire prices for C9 for the last couple of days. It seems to be overpriced in Flipkart, and Amazon shows it for 1.35L and often goes out of stock. Tried going to Croma (I live in Hyd) to check and I saw a huge queue outside and decided to return.

Any idea what would be the street price? I see B9 on stock for around 1.25 on Amazon. I will mostly be buying a month or so down the line, but want inputs on whether to wait for CX/BX to drop or just bite the bullet and go for a C9 or a B9. Also, does the B9 support Gsync?

I dont know for your location, but B9 was 1.15 ish after cashbacks in Delhi.I havent tested it, but last I read B9 did recieve gsync update.

C9 @Sach4life bought bought 1.23 after cashbacks from an Lg shoppee.

Edited by playstationdude

7 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I dont know for your location, but B9 was 1.15 ish after cashbacks in Delhi.I havent tested it, but last I read B9 did recieve gsync update.

C9 @Sach4life bought bought 1.23 after cashbacks from an Lg shoppee.

So, basically I am finding it difficult to source the C9. Am wondering if I should go for the B9 ? Is the better processor worth it?

1 minute ago, l33tmaniac said:

So, basically I am finding it difficult to source the C9. Am wondering if I should go for the B9 ? Is the better processor worth it?

The difference is marginal, if at all noticeable. If you can source one, by all means go for c9 but I would sweat it with a B9. PQ is essentially identical on both , barring the brightness which can go slightly higher on C9 in certain HDR scenes. 

Personally I'm loving B9. Day and night difference from my previous Lg 4k tv.

1 minute ago, l33tmaniac said:

The difference is marginal, if at all noticeable. If you can source one, by all means go for c9 but I would sweat it with a B9. PQ is essentially identical on both , barring the brightness which can go slightly higher on C9 in certain HDR scenes. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

10 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Go for B9. Difference is hardly noticeable. Just make sure that you get a brand new piece and not a display piece. 

8 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Question for the OLED owners here-

Do you all set OLED Light down to 40-50, like I see being suggested everywhere (reddit & the general interwebz)?

Yes, around 50. That is more than enough. Max 55, but you don't need more than that. 

9 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Question for the OLED owners here-

Do you all set OLED Light down to 40-50, like I see being suggested everywhere (reddit & the general interwebz)?

I use the Expert Bright Room setting. OLED light is on 80 by default. 

For movies playing via HDD, Cinema HDR mode is at 100. 

The way I calibrated is by running a bluray of Gravity, with the black space interspersed with stars scene. Changed the OLED light to the best possible setting my eyes could fathom. 

Then ran it again with some other movies where there's a contrast between black and white, and found 80 worked best in my room's ambient lighting. The values depend on your room light, there's no fixed value. 

Edit: I had to lower it for certain shows, like The Haunting of Hill House. Anything above 50-55, and it shows tons of artifacts and black crush. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I use the Expert Bright Room setting. OLED light is on 80 by default. 

For movies playing via HDD, Cinema HDR mode is at 100. 

The way I calibrated is by running a bluray of Gravity, with the black space interspersed with stars scene. Changed the OLED light to the best possible setting my eyes could fathom. 

Then ran it again with some other movies where there's a contrast between black and white, and found 80 worked best in my room's ambient lighting. The values depend on your room light, there's no fixed value. 

Edit: I had to lower it for certain shows, like The Haunting of Hill House. Anything above 50-55, and it shows tons of artifacts and black crush. 

1 hour ago, Sach4life said:

Yes, around 50. That is more than enough. Max 55, but you don't need more than that. 

Thanks gents!

9 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Go for B9. Difference is hardly noticeable. Just make sure that you get a brand new piece and not a display piece. 

Thanks, man. But finally found a Reliance Digital that was open and had it in stock. Paid around 1.3L after cashback.

Also, how do you actually know it is not a display piece? The sales rep told me that it is gonna come from warehouse. Just by making sure that it is sealed, right?

21 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Thanks, man. But finally found a Reliance Digital that was open and had it in stock. Paid around 1.3L after cashback.

Also, how do you actually know it is not a display piece? The sales rep told me that it is gonna come from warehouse. Just by making sure that it is sealed, right?

Did you enquire about the E9 model?

42 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Click on TV information which will be in general settings ( About this TV ), it should say 0 hours under Total powr on time.

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Did you enquire about the E9 model?

No, man. Stuck with C9.

2 hours ago, vickysud01 said:

Click on TV information which will be in general settings ( About this TV ), it should say 0 hours under Total powr on time.

Can be cleared by doing a factory reset

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

No, man. Stuck with C9.

Can be cleared by doing a factory reset

Dont worry. Reliance digital is a big chain, dont think they would screw you. 

Plus whenever I've dealt with them, they have clearly informed me if the product would be a display model in case of short supply.

• Like 1

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread