The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

14 hours ago, vickysud01 said:

No it cannot be cleared by doing a factory reset.

It can be reseted using service menu. For that u need a service remote. It is generally available with technicians, one can also buy on AliExpress.

@playstationdude @Sach4life

The service centers are all closed, so ended doing the installation myself. But I noticed some random flickering while watching content. Have you come across this? I am worried that the panel may/board may be faulty

48 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

@playstationdude @Sach4life

The service centers are all closed, so ended doing the installation myself. But I noticed some random flickering while watching content. Have you come across this? I am worried that the panel may/board may be faulty

Could also be an issue with the HDMI connections/cable. Assuming that wasn't while using the inbuilt media streaming apps.

31 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Could also be an issue with the HDMI connections/cable. Assuming that wasn't while using the inbuilt media streaming apps.

It's happening even in the dashboard.

31 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

It's happening even in the dashboard.

Ohh. I'd say check Youtube for solutions, it usually works. Or, wait for service centers to start functioning. Ideally isn't it better if the service center people install a new TV unit? Try talking to the store if they have any in-house repair people? 

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Is the flickering constant/ frequent?

It happens like once every 30 seconds or so. Its very minor and is sometimes rarely imperciptible.

https://i.imgur.com/BgmgjLs.mp4

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

Ohh. I'd say check Youtube for solutions, it usually works. Or, wait for service centers to start functioning. Ideally isn't it better if the service center people install a new TV unit? Try talking to the store if they have any in-house repair people? 

Yes, but installing it is no different from attaching a monitor to a mount. You just need to be careful. Anyway, I will raise a ticket and see what they say. It is annoying af.

Edited by l33tmaniac

11 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

It happens like once every 30 seconds or so. Its very minor and is sometimes rarely imperciptible.

BgmgjLs.mp4

Yes, but installing it is no different from attaching a monitor to a mount. You just need to be careful. Anyway, I will raise a ticket and see what they say. It is annoying af.

No harm in getting it checked then. 

30 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Yes, its not particularly difficult. Anyway, apart from raising a concern with the retail store, I assume there will be a technician coming to your place tomorrow to install it?

48 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Yes, its not particularly difficult. Anyway, apart from raising a concern with the retail store, I assume there will be a technician coming to your place tomorrow to install it?

Already did. Waited for 2 days and got a message saying that the service centres are still closed. The call centres are non functional and there's no way to follow-up on the tickets. Whatever I raised got closed automatically and hence we (wifey and I) decided to do the installation ourselves. 

From what I've noticed, this flicker happens mostly with static images/screens. When there's moving content, it doesn't happen or even if it does, it's barely noticeable. Raised another ticket just in case to see if it that gets picked up at least. If the service engineer does show up, will show the issue and see how to get it resolved. 

Video showing the flicker: https://i.imgur.com/BgmgjLs.mp4

Edited by l33tmaniac

18 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Already did. Waited for 2 days and got a message saying that the service centres are still closed. The call centres are non functional and there's no way to follow-up on the tickets. Whatever I raised got closed automatically and hence we (wifey and I) decided to do the installation ourselves. 

From what I've noticed, this flicker happens mostly with static images/screens. When there's moving content, it doesn't happen or even if it does, it's barely noticeable. Raised another ticket just in case to see if it that gets picked up at least. If the service engineer does show up, will show the issue and see how to get it resolved. 

Video showing the flicker: https://i.imgur.com/BgmgjLs.mp4

Where is the flicker in the video?

22 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I though that was a flash from your phone due to recording. That seems quite noticeable. Better to get it checked.

I am so bummed. Was pretty excited for the TV and now this issue. Getting hold of customer service guys is going to be a nightmare now especially considering LG call centres are non-operational. 

3 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

I am so bummed. Was pretty excited for the TV and now this issue. Getting hold of customer service guys is going to be a nightmare now especially considering LG call centres are non-operational. 

Connect with the store. Its their responsibility ideally, since the TV is brand new.

2 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Thanks. I'll try calling the sales rep tomorrow. 

Croma is really good in this department. The customer care is very helpful. I had a washing machine from samsung with Closet dry feature. Somehow the drying was not happening after a few months and Samsung engineers were just f**king around, trying to tell us the feature is not what we expect (despite me using it for 6 months). Finally assholes got my machine out of warranty and refused service.

Approached the Croma store casually and their area manager took it up with Samsung and got me a new replacement. They actually told Samsung reps we will stop selling your washing machines if you cause so much inconvenience to our customer. Lol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Croma is really good in this department. The customer care is very helpful. I had a washing machine from samsung with Closet dry feature. Somehow the drying was not happening after a few months and Samsung engineers were just f**king around, trying to tell us the feature is not what we expect (despite me using it for 6 months). Finally assholes got my machine out of warranty and refused service.

Approached the Croma store casually and their area manager took it up with Samsung and got me a new replacement. They actually told Samsung reps we will stop selling your washing machines if you cause so much inconvenience to our customer. Lol.

Damn. Croma was my first choice, but they didn't have the TV in stock. The reliance rep has been helpful so far and has escalated my issue so that a service engineer from Reliance drops by and inspects. Hopefully they shouldn't deny replacement saying it was self-installed. If they do, I plan on escalating the issue since they didn't tell me that LG service centers are non-operational.

Damn. Croma was my first choice, but they didn't have the TV in stock. The reliance rep has been helpful so far and has escalated my issue so that a service engineer from Reliance drops by and inspects. Hopefully they shouldn't deny replacement saying it was self-installed. If they do, I plan on escalating the issue since they didn't tell me that LG service centers are non-operational.

Good luck. Hopefully the issue is resolved quickly. OLEDs are the most premium range from Retailers, should provide quick resolution. I dont think installation would be a point as there is as such no mounting and all done.

Good luck. Hopefully the issue is resolved quickly. OLEDs are the most premium range from Retailers, should provide quick resolution. I dont think installation would be a point as there is as such no mounting and all done.

• Thanks 1

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread