The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

3 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Damn. Croma was my first choice, but they didn't have the TV in stock. The reliance rep has been helpful so far and has escalated my issue so that a service engineer from Reliance drops by and inspects. Hopefully they shouldn't deny replacement saying it was self-installed. If they do, I plan on escalating the issue since they didn't tell me that LG service centers are non-operational.

The self-installation will have nothing to do with the problem, but can become a point for them to nitpick.

Hopefully this gets sorted soon.

22 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

The self-installation will have nothing to do with the problem, but can become a point for them to nitpick.

Hopefully this gets sorted soon.

Thanks, man. I know that it ideally should not be an issue. I went through the warranty doc just to be doubly sure and it isn't mentioned anywhere that self-installation voids the warranty. This is evidently an internal problem and I hope they don't end up using that an excuse to create a scene. The Reliance guys are at fault for not knowing that LG service centers are closed. It they had known it, I would have refrained from buying the TV in the first place and waited for things to get sorted. 

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

Thanks, man. I know that it ideally should not be an issue. I went through the warranty doc just to be doubly sure and it isn't mentioned anywhere that self-installation voids the warranty. This is evidently an internal problem and I hope they don't end up using that an excuse to create a scene. The Reliance guys are at fault for not knowing that LG service centers are closed. It they had known it, I would have refrained from buying the TV in the first place and waited for things to get sorted. 

Yep, absolutely do press on that point.

As @playstationdude has mentioned, this is basically the most premium range as far as Indian retailers are concerned. 

Not exactly a TV decision question but rather a to buy now or later one.

I have a TV in mind, but not sure whether I should go for it now or wait for any sales in August/October, If there are any sales that is.

Also hearing rumblings about dealers possibly hiking the price of products or higher taxes to deal with Covid-19 impact on sales past few months.

I don't want to pay more than it is now, also don't want to miss a good deal. What do you guys think ?

Edited by gecko89

On 5/26/2020 at 4:50 PM, quixote_1989 said:

Yep, absolutely do press on that point.

As @playstationdude has mentioned, this is basically the most premium range as far as Indian retailers are concerned. 

A bit of an update. The LG technician showed up yesterday, opened the processing unit at the back to check for loose cables and confirmed that this seems to be a panel issue. He is able to see some panel errors in the service console. He has updated the ticket with details and put an update saying I've asked for replacement.

The Reliance guys asked me for the LG tracking # so that they can process the replacement and I am waiting to hear back from them on the status. Was really excited about the TV and now just keeping fingers crossed regarding the replacement going through in a timely manner.

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

A bit of an update. The LG technician showed up yesterday, opened the processing unit at the back to check for loose cables and confirmed that this seems to be a panel issue. He is able to see some panel errors in the service console. He has updated the ticket with details and put an update saying I've asked for replacement.

The Reliance guys asked me for the LG tracking # so that they can process the replacement and I am waiting to hear back from them on the status. Was really excited about the TV and now just keeping fingers crossed regarding the replacement going through in a timely manner.

Lg generally has a very good customer service, it might have been a bit of hassle because of corona, but you are in safe hands. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2020 at 4:24 PM, gecko89 said:

Not exactly a TV decision question but rather a to buy now or later one.

I have a TV in mind, but not sure whether I should go for it now or wait for any sales in August/October, If there are any sales that is.

Also hearing rumblings about dealers possibly hiking the price of products or higher taxes to deal with Covid-19 impact on sales past few months.

I don't want to pay more than it is now, also don't want to miss a good deal. What do you guys think ?

What TV and deal, generally I am a believer of buying stuff when you are interested, rather then saving a few thousand and wait, the fun dies by then. 

3 hours ago, AtheK said:

What TV and deal, generally I am a believer of buying stuff when you are interested, rather then saving a few thousand and wait, the fun dies by then. 

This one.

Annotation-2020-05-31-010021.png

It goes for 32-33k, plus 2.5k for the 3 year warranty. It should cover my needs and then some. As for the deal, I figured the price might go down during the Independence Day sale or the Big Billion Day later this year.

14 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

This one.

Annotation-2020-05-31-010021.png

It goes for 32-33k, plus 2.5k for the 3 year warranty. It should cover my needs and then some. As for the deal, I figured the price might go down during the Independence Day sale or the Big Billion Day later this year.

Maybe 4-5k, I would suggest use the icici card and buy it now. You save 1500 rupees more. 

37 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Maybe 4-5k, I would suggest use the icici card and buy it now. You save 1500 rupees more. 

Hmm. There is one problem though, not a single person I know has an ICICI Credit card, not my family, not my friends or their families. Seems like this sale is only for the bank employees :/

Hmm. There is one problem though, not a single person I know has an ICICI Credit card, not my family, not my friends or their families. Seems like this sale is only for the bank employees :/
Icici has the 3rd largest market share in terms of credit cards. So i wont go to that extreme of calling it a bank employees only sale.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Icici has the 3rd largest market share in terms of credit cards. So i wont go to that extreme of calling it a bank employees only sale.

10 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Maybe you can ask some trusted member on the forum to help you with that. I'm sure many of the ones here have one. 

PS: I dont have an ICICI credit card:P

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

Dang, is that true?!

Guess everyone I know prefers the CCs of banks with largest and second largest market share. 

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

Dang, is that true?!

Guess everyone I know prefers the CCs of banks with largest and second largest market share. 

Lol i got both icici debit and credit card, and each and everyone in my circle has Amazon pay icici card. Also if you don't have an icici Amazon pay card, do get one. 

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Maybe you can ask some trusted member on the forum to help you with that. I'm sure many of the ones here have one. 

PS: I dont have an ICICI credit card:P

Hehe, good call.

Anyone here willing to help a CC less fellow IVGer out? ? 

5 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Lol i got both icici debit and credit card, and each and everyone in my circle has Amazon pay icici card. Also if you don't have an icici Amazon pay card, do get one. 

Never got a credit card, worried I won't be able to control my expense.

Dang, is that true?!
ICICI cards are so much better than SBI and I say that as a SBI card shareholder lol.

Dang, is that true?!
ICICI cards are so much better than SBI and I say that as a SBI card shareholder lol.

9 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

I'm not so sure about that. My dad uses an SBI and HDFC CC/DC and these two come up most frequently for cashbacks in Amazon sale.

@AtheK Whats the diff between regular and Amazon Pay ICICI? 

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread