The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

I'm not so sure about that. My dad uses an SBI and HDFC CC/DC and these two come up most frequently for cashbacks in Amazon sale.

[mention=584]AtheK[/mention] Whats the diff between regular and Amazon Pay ICICI? 
All reward points every month comes as Amazon pay balance. It's a lifetime free card. 

All Amazon shopping has 5% cash back, 1% if shopping from Outside Amazon. In almost last year this is my earning from the card, rewards points maybe a little less, but fact that I can use it to buy anything on Amazon is amazing, plus no headache of points ever expiring.

276ac404b52d11826462fd011605f212.jpg

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

All reward points every month comes as Amazon pay balance. It's a lifetime free card. 

All Amazon shopping has 5% cash back, 1% if shopping from Outside Amazon. In almost last year this is my earning from the card, rewards points maybe a little less, but fact that I can use it to buy anything on Amazon is amazing, plus no headache of points ever expiring.

276ac404b52d11826462fd011605f212.jpg

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

I spend a lot of money on Amazon. This applies to any purchases?

I've probably spent 3 grand on kindle books since quarantine started haha

I'll definitely look into it, and see if we can get one too. 

Any cons to owning the card? You said its a lifetime free card, no frills and that sounds a little too good hehe

19 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I spend a lot of money on Amazon. This applies to any purchases?

I've probably spent 3 grand on kindle books since quarantine started haha

I'll definitely look into it, and see if we can get one too. 

Any cons to owning the card? You said its a lifetime free card, no frills and that sounds a little too good hehe

Yes on every purchase, and no cons that I can think of. 

I already had a ferrari credit card from icici, and my card was issued instantly, if you don't have an icici card, you will need to apply for it. Also initially it was a invite only card, but guess should be open now. 

• Thanks 1

I'm not so sure about that. My dad uses an SBI and HDFC CC/DC and these two come up most frequently for cashbacks in Amazon sale.

[mention=584]AtheK[/mention] Whats the diff between regular and Amazon Pay ICICI? 

Like Athek described the icici card is pretty good for people who buy regularly on Amazon. Axis has something similar for Flipkart. Don't think HDFC/SBI have anything similarly. But HDFC have usually really good offers most of the time.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Like Athek described the icici card is pretty good for people who buy regularly on Amazon. Axis has something similar for Flipkart. Don't think HDFC/SBI have anything similarly. But HDFC have usually really good offers most of the time.

HDFC usually have good tie ups with brick and mortar stores. I was able to get 6k cashback on Sony TV purchase and few days back bought a LG Ac and got 3k cashback on hdfc. Usually they do this with Brand stores or chains like croma, reliance digital etc.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

HDFC usually have good tie ups with brick and mortar stores. I was able to get 6k cashback on Sony TV purchase and few days back bought a LG Ac and got 3k cashback on hdfc. Usually they do this with Brand stores or chains like croma, reliance digital etc.

True, but in my experience Reliance, Croma extra the price are usually much higher than say Amazon for all items except maybe large appliances. So even those cashback would defeat the purpose if the base price is higher.

True, but in my experience Reliance, Croma extra the price are usually much higher than say Amazon for all items except maybe large appliances. So even those cashback would defeat the purpose if the base price is higher.

They usually match the prices of Online sites. I am not comfortable buying big stuff like TV, Ac, fridge etc online. The hassle of defective product with return and replacement is too much.

They usually match the prices of Online sites. I am not comfortable buying big stuff like TV, Ac, fridge etc online. The hassle of defective product with return and replacement is too much.

For me it's been the opposite, they flatly told me that Amazon is selling fake products and refused to lower their price. I have bought TV, Fridge AC all from Amazon and the price has always been lower than store price. Tujhe whole process of installation and service has also been pretty smooth.

For me it's been the opposite, they flatly told me that Amazon is selling fake products and refused to lower their price. I have bought TV, Fridge AC all from Amazon and the price has always been lower than store price. The whole process of installation and service has also been pretty smooth.

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

For me it's been the opposite, they flatly told me that Amazon is selling fake products and refused to lower their price. I have bought TV, Fridge AC all from Amazon and the price has always been lower than store price. Tujhe whole process of installation and service has also been pretty smooth.

My experience is similar. Croma, RD pretty much diss you the moment you mention Amazon/Flipkart in the conversation. 

9 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

My experience is similar. Croma, RD pretty much diss you the moment you mention Amazon/Flipkart in the conversation. 

My experience has been the opposite. Reliance Digital talks about their own deals, and how I'm better off paying a bit extra but buying from them. But they did offer to lower price a bit more when I told them the price on Amazon at the time.

Croma on the other hand offered to price match Amazon, but the seller had to be Cloudtail or Appario. Very specific about that. They matched the price, but they couldn't offer the additional 3000 cashback that Amazon had at the time with SBI cards. They offered me 2000 off with HDFC instead, which is still something. 

When I got my TV, the retail stores(Croma, RD, LG Retail) turned out to be cheaper than online.

Not the listed price though, which was much higher. Told them I was there to "buy, not browse" and asked for the actual price.

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

When I got my TV, the retail stores(Croma, RD, LG Retail) turned out to be cheaper than online.

Not the listed price though, which was much higher. Told them I was there to "buy, not browse" and asked for the actual price.

Same. Always found brick and mortar(though not always croma/reliance) to be cheaper.

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread