The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Its qled quality is not as good as other qleds. Its a bit too expensive! I am eyeing on The Frame 2020 QLED. Should be less than 80k on BBD sale. Although even that tv's QLED is not upto the mark but since its samsung it is at least better than One Plus as they make their own QLEDs.

7 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

I think one of the reviews mentioned that the Oneplus TV panel is from Samsung. Would is be better to get a better 4K UHD TV versus a cheaper QLED then or would the latter still be better than the former?

There are multiple YouTube reviews where they show that the QLED in OP TVs is not on par with most Samsung budget models, forget the OLEDs/higher end QLEDs/Nanocell. 

Not the right place to be asking this question, I couldn't find the apt thread.

Anyways, do any of have an idea how they deduct money from your balance on Tata Sky. Is it on a daily basis, or monthly? For eg, if I'm adding a channel like AXN HD (Rs 20) for a week, and I remove it a week later, will they deduct 20 or is it on day to day basis. The reason I ask is that at the moment, the total monthly recharge for 2 TV comes out at 1681, which is very steep. For the secondary TV, which I use, I don't watch some of the channels as frequently l, I was thinking maybe I can swap them in and out depending upon the week. But, if such a thing would even work, I don't know. Any clarity would be appreciated, and sorry for the OT post.

50 minutes ago, Kushagra said:

Not the right place to be asking this question, I couldn't find the apt thread.

Anyways, do any of have an idea how they deduct money from your balance on Tata Sky. Is it on a daily basis, or monthly? For eg, if I'm adding a channel like AXN HD (Rs 20) for a week, and I remove it a week later, will they deduct 20 or is it on day to day basis. The reason I ask is that at the moment, the total monthly recharge for 2 TV comes out at 1681, which is very steep. For the secondary TV, which I use, I don't watch some of the channels as frequently l, I was thinking maybe I can swap them in and out depending upon the week. But, if such a thing would even work, I don't know. Any clarity would be appreciated, and sorry for the OT post.

You can do this.

When you make your pack, it shows the monthly amount but when you recharge, you will see that money is deducted day by day.

So at any point you can easily switch, your monthly amount will be revised and hence daily amount being deducted will reduce or increase as per the changes.

And 1681 for 2 screens? That is pretty steep. I have specifically customized pack for each of the 3 screens I have and I pay around 1050 a month. You must be having majority of the channels on both screens.

Also AXN is discontinued now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kunjanp said:

You can do this.

When you make your pack, it shows the monthly amount but when you recharge, you will see that money is deducted day by day.

So at any point you can easily switch, your monthly amount will be revised and hence daily amount being deducted will reduce or increase as per the changes.

And 1681 for 2 screens? That is pretty steep. I have specifically customized pack for each of the 3 screens I have and I pay around 1050 a month. You must be having majority of the channels on both screens.

Also AXN is discontinued now.

AXN was meant as an example to see how the deductions work, but thanks for the clarification.

I know its very steep, the "curated" packs from Tata Sky always leave out 1 or 2 channels which is annoying, and as you add them up, the cost starts to balloon. Both TVs have almost very similar packs, which is why I was asking, if I can swap channels in and out from mine, and if it's on day to day basis. Looks like I can, so thanks for the response, much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Finally made the jump to 4K  :wub:

VqXnDlp.jpg

And of course, the first game I played was

Reveal hidden contents

PES :wOOtjumpy:

How much???

1 hour ago, HundredProofSam said:

Finally made the jump to 4K  :wub:

VqXnDlp.jpg

And of course, the first game I played was

Reveal hidden contents

PES :wOOtjumpy:

Great choice bro. I personally have been planning to get this exact model. Hopefully, this comes down in price a bit soon.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adity said:

Hisense bought the brand so it's essentially rebranded hisense TV. They're using it to avert the made in China image, I think. 

really activates the almonds about what these companies now do that were heavy weights some 30 years ago like Hitachi, Toshiba, Phillips, Panasonic etc.

You literally don't see them in most consoomer items now a days.

Or maybe they are active abroad but ran away from Indian market idk.

4 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

really activates the almonds about what these companies now do that were heavy weights some 30 years ago like Hitachi, Toshiba, Phillips, Panasonic etc.

You literally don't see them in most consoomer items now a days.

Or maybe they are active abroad but ran away from Indian market idk.

Panasonic OLEDs are the best OLEDs ever. Their panel is from LG, but the goddamn calibration is out of this world. The price difference was enough to make me go for LG, but for those not on budget, Pana OLED eats everything else for breakfast. 

At least for OLEDs, Pana > LG = Sony

3 hours ago, adity said:

This TV is looking really good for the price. Goes toe to toe with much expensive big 3 models.

https://www.reliancedigital.in/toshiba-139-cm-55-inch-ultra-hd-4k-led-smart-tv-u79-series-55u7980/p/491893303

I have my eyes set on this one for my brother's room

11 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:But in the end it was between the X95 and the LG C9, which is a better TV but price difference is too much. Would have got a 55 inch C9 in how much I paid for this 65 inch.

Looks like even this is discounted heavily from the MRP.

How much was the final deal for C9 65 coming to ? Should have gone for an OLED at this time with Next Gen coming and everything :P

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread