The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

10 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

I’ve watched the C9 extensively. Personally didn’t see enough of a difference to warrant that price premium. OLEDs need to get cheaper because quality difference between OLED and FALD isn’t that much IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a LED in living room and OLED in my HT room, the LED hardly gets used anymore, even my 6 yr old wants to watch everything on OLED saying, dad this looks so much better :)

But then to each his own.. :p

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AtheK said:

A 55" OLED would have been a better pick then this, after experiencing the OLED TV PQ nothing else seems special anymore. 

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

I have a LED in living room and OLED in my HT room, the LED hardly gets used anymore, even my 6 yr old wants to watch everything on OLED saying, dad this looks so much better :)

But then to each his own.. :p

I thought you sold your OLED for a projector ? :unsure:

And yeah, OLED PQ is just :wub::wub::wub::wub:

40 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I thought you sold your OLED for a projector ? :unsure:

And yeah, OLED PQ is just :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Never selling the OLED man, I sold the projector as the PQ just seems way to underwhelming now. 

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I think the size difference in 65inch and 55 inch would make up for the PQ difference  Having seen Sony FALD display myself it really is pretty good. 

The blacks are blacks, and that kills the debate :rofl:

Plus to add to it, the OLED i have is 65" :P

Edited by AtheK

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I think the size difference in 65inch and 55 inch would make up for the PQ difference  Having seen Sony FALD display myself it really is pretty good. 

The contrast ratio is what matters. 55, 65 or 77, OLEDs are just awesome. MicroLEDs might show some grit in future, but no FALD can come close to OLEDs. 

Non OLEDs have to compensate for contrast via very high brightness levels, and thus most highlights will get clipped. 

Even the best QLEDs are no match. 

44 minutes ago, Dingbat123 said:

My 6 year old Sony 42 Led stopped working this morning (RIP). Don't want to spend too much on a TV rn. Can anyone recommend a good 4k TV under 30k? I looked at the TCL 43P8E, but I can't find anything about that model online. 

You can check out Hisense in that budget.

23 minutes ago, Dingbat123 said:

Their 4k tvs are out of stock on Amazon and Flipkart. Are they better than the TCL I mentioned above? I do plan on checking the TVs in person, but I'd like to have a general idea. 

Just get one of those Xiaomeme/OnePlus cheeni tv's after checking amazon reviews, even 1 star ones.

I assume you want this TV as a stop gap solution, no point pulling hairs over which is "best" because in any electronics category all the lower priced products are equally mediocre, and nobody bothers to review them.

Like if you go to buy an entry laptop for like 30k or less, it will be more or less the same potato HW being sold under different brand name.

32 minutes ago, Dingbat123 said:

Their 4k tvs are out of stock on Amazon and Flipkart. Are they better than the TCL I mentioned above? I do plan on checking the TVs in person, but I'd like to have a general idea. 

Croma sells TCL. They have them on display too. Check it out. 

Just now, adity said:

Toshiba is launching in a week or so. These looks pretty good on paper and have pretty decent pricing. Available on reliance digital. I'd say check those out once. 55 inch for 45k or so and specs look much better than other Chinese brands. 

Most likely rebranded Hisense. 

3 minutes ago, adity said:

From everything I've read LG Oleds are pretty much the pinnacle of television with incredibly low input lag and all the features like HDMI 2.1 or whatever. So I guess around 1.5L if you wanna go all out. 

I've been researching a bit and after that Frame 2020 looks like a good buy for 73k (55 inch) on the corporate website. Might drop further around Diwali. That TV offers the best performance to price value imo with all modern features. LG and Sony stuff felt really underwhelming in that range. 

I'm also keeping an eye out for the new Toshiba TVs since they're significantly cheaper and look good on paper. Should have a decent idea of their performance in a few months. 

Obviously others are more knowledgeable than me but this is what my research said. 

Bro if I get a 1 lakh TV, I'll be out on the street with the TV and PS5

17 minutes ago, adity said:

That's pretty much the situation with me except I understand the fact that I'm poor so don't even look at those things. I mean if covid didn't happen I'd probably be able to afford but well, it is what it is. 

EMI is your best friend. Even I opted for a no cost emi 12 months. 0 downpayment.

LG SM9000 prices have been slashed to 84k. Almost in my budget, now in dilemma which one to get Samsung Frame 2020 or SM9000 (which is entry level FALD TV). Anyone using SM9000? Both TVs are having toe to toe competition. 

I am in no rush though, will buy it on BBD sale and I am damn sure Frame will go for around 75k or less with cards but nt sure about SM9000. Which one would you guys suggest? 

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread