The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

2 hours ago, dante77 said:

LG SM9000 prices have been slashed to 84k. Almost in my budget, now in dilemma which one to get Samsung Frame 2020 or SM9000 (which is entry level FALD TV). Anyone using SM9000? Both TVs are having toe to toe competition. 

I am in no rush though, will buy it on BBD sale and I am damn sure Frame will go for around 75k or less with cards but nt sure about SM9000. Which one would you guys suggest? 

It's an entry level FALD, and the local dimming is pretty tame on SM9000. Plus the contrast ratio is really poor. 

Unless you're hell bent on getting a FALD within that price range, I would look elsewhere. 

A more mature side lit LED panel is better than entry level FALD since mediocre FALD will have tons of blooming. 

• Like 1

It's an entry level FALD, and the local dimming is pretty tame on SM9000. Plus the contrast ratio is really poor. 
Unless you're hell bent on getting a FALD within that price range, I would look elsewhere. 
A more mature side lit LED panel is better than entry level FALD since mediocre FALD will have tons of blooming. 
Thanks for the on point reply. I was kinda looking for some info like this. How entry level FALD is compared to other high level LEDs. I can live with just one 2.1 HDMI port :) that on connect box in Samsung Frame and 2020 version has better contrast too! So Frame it is then!

13 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Thanks for the on point reply. I was kinda looking for some info like this. How entry level FALD is compared to other high level LEDs. I can live with just one 2.1 HDMI port :) that on connect box in Samsung Frame and 2020 version has better contrast too! So Frame it is then!

You can also look at 2018/2019 Nano cell/QLED panels (unless you are looking for VRR and the likes for PS5). The panel quality wouldn't differ much, and you might be able to get higher models for cheap. 

33 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

You can also look at 2018/2019 Nano cell/QLED panels (unless you are looking for VRR and the likes for PS5). The panel quality wouldn't differ much, and you might be able to get higher models for cheap. 

I think ps5 and series x wont be able to do a frame above 60, if they reach 60 at all. If a better panel can be had at a sacrifice of 2.1, worth it imo.

1 hour ago, adity said:

Do you a specific model in mind? Asking because afaik finding older models of the big 3 can be difficult. 

Sorry, nope. I stopped looking at non OLED models when I was searching for one. I am saying based on my OLED experience where the panel quality hasn't changed much over the last 3-4 years, and the change in processors (alpha 7/8/9 etc) isn't worth spending extra bucks - except when looking at those VRR and higher HDMI features. 

I would say scout the local shops (LG Shoppe, Croma, RD, VS etc), and see what they have on offer. Note the models, do a good Google/RTings search and buy one. Diwali is still a good 3 months away.

Thailand's LED TV manufacturer Treeview forays into Indian market

Do the cheeni TV brands make a lot of money/sales or something?

So many random un heard of  tv brands you find in the lower price brackets on amazon.

5-6 years ago you only had the Big 3 and 1-2 brands like Vu etc

can someone enlighten me what is Samsung Corporate? I tried googling and entered my office ID and it let me enter, not sure if personal email can be used. The prices were more or less the same as FK. 82k or The Frame. Not even sure if that is 2020 model. Also, how do their cashbacks work? buy only from that website?

Impulsively visited Girias (local croma type store) yesterday to check out CX, got a price quote of 2.4L with no free TV and one free EMI so boils down to 2.24L for a 65 inch... Decent deal I felt for something that has just launched.. they can still go about 20-30K less so might work out close to 2L~.. I asked them about C9 as well but no stock and may be tough to get a boxed piece now.. don’t see much downgrade on CX from C9 except the 48 vs 40 GBits HDMI band width which is still a lot..

Croma currently shows a discounted price of of 2.9L with the free TV for CX65, need to visit LG shop as well to get another price opinion and any cheap C9 availability .. I am also concerned about disposing my lovely 55 SUHD LED, one of the flagship of 2016, I still love its PQ very much,  except that it has aged almost 4 yrs now, no other complaints, so will probably wait until I get a decent $$ on this before jumping onto OLED or might just keep it for future media room... 

327f4211557781f915bf9e877edff217.jpg

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread