The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

8 minutes ago, adity said:

Damn pretty expensive. I was hoping to get it around 1.3L in Diwali offers. Might have to go for BX if this is the pricing. 

CX just launched in India (late launch), so will be expensive. Prices should get down by Diwali. 

52 minutes ago, Jake said:

My bro picked it up from bombay it self.Croma had the c9 65 inch but display piece only. 55inch cx oled came to aroung 1.6

Good choice, the other store guy also told me C9s mostly you will get display pieces left over..

1.6 is still expensive, was it along with free LED TV ? 

So while gaming the TV died i guess, at the worst possible time to be a shopper.

TV-Prob.jpg

How much repairing damages.

If buying a new TV is the only option right now, then i have space for only a 32 inch TV. So which is the best one i can get which is great for gaming lag free, great response time if TVs have it as well. Colors should be natural as much as possible non saturated. No Chinese brands. And what is the difference between 50Hz and 60Hz is it substantial and deal breaking for gaming ?

50Hz and 60Hz are same. Usually TVs which have 50hz is showing refresh rate for PAL region. Both of them support 60Hz refresh rate so don't worry.

As for 32 inch TV. I recommend finding a Full HD at least but there are very less options for 32 inch full HDTV as almost all of them in the market are hd ready.

PS: How are those weird lines coming out of your TV lol

On 8/26/2020 at 12:07 AM, adity said:

Corporate email id works. Price is same as Fk but it has 9k cashback on HDFC cards bringing it down to 73k. You can check the model number on Google. Its the 2020 model. 

I did a blunder and selected EMI on the bank (OTP) page instead of on Samsungs website. Just lost 9k nevertheless TV is amazing.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, dante77 said:

50Hz and 60Hz are same. Usually TVs which have 50hz is showing refresh rate for PAL region. Both of them support 60Hz refresh rate so don't worry.

As for 32 inch TV. I recommend finding a Full HD at least but there are very less options for 32 inch full HDTV as almost all of them in the market are hd ready.

PS: How are those weird lines coming out of your TV lol

The inner picture looks like a blue burnt bubble, check it out

TV-Burnt.jpg

Guys i only found this 32 inch Full HD TV Sony Bravia W672G but it has only 2 HDMI ports. I'm going to try making some adjustments, so can you guys please help me find a great 40 inch 4K TV, 43 inch is my last resort i have looked at this samsung TV, seems well priced, but i have not much experience with gaming oriented TVs, in past i just knew to look for colour authenticity, brightness and contrast, resolution thats it. If 4k has something like HD Ready vs Full HD then i want 4k equivalent of Full HD, screen size 40 inch or below can try to make arrangements for 43 inch but that's max nothing more.

I am a TV Noob so again i request your detailed help in choosing the right gaming TV, i can't go to showrooms to check because of COVID, so our expertise is required, and i don't know if i should spend much so is a 50k budget good enough ? And natural colors are a priority, overly saturated colors won't do.

https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-108cm-43-inch-ultra-hd-4k-led-smart-tv/p/itm1dcb2428142f0?pid=TVSFQPHJKNHHHZSC&lid=LSTTVSFQPHJKNHHHZSCVTOFC7&marketplace=FLIPKART&srno=b_1_8&otracker=CLP_Filters&fm=organic&iid=29e49769-6851-4722-865d-b9fc80f9d9bf.TVSFQPHJKNHHHZSC.SEARCH&ppt=sp&ppn=sp&ssid=lhsxjfo1hhn3fjls1599719807623

Edited by NitroNeo

So while gaming the TV died i guess, at the worst possible time to be a shopper.

TV-Prob.jpg

How much repairing damages.

If buying a new TV is the only option right now, then i have space for only a 32 inch TV. So which is the best one i can get which is great for gaming lag free, great response time if TVs have it as well. Colors should be natural as much as possible non saturated. No Chinese brands. And what is the difference between 50Hz and 60Hz is it substantial and deal breaking for gaming ?

If you don’t mind. Gaming monitors works great. But 144hz. 32inch.

RIP. How old was this TV? 
5 years, the one before that was a samsung Bordeaux 720p TV which lasted 7 years. The fall in long term usage is worrying me. Even the company mechanics that have came in the past for the samsung TV said the mobos are not built to last. Can someone tell me what exactly happened to my current TV. Did the display component burn or something else?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, NitroNeo said:

The fall in long term usage is worrying me. Even the company mechanics that have came in the past for the samsung TV said the mobos are not built to last

Yep. And not just TV's too. When I was buying a refridgerator recently at Vijay Sales, that dude told me the same thing. 

[mention=9246]NitroNeo[/mention] What's your budget for TVs?
In this covid time where i can't even check out the TV myself i don't want to spend too much. The 32 inch FHD tv was for 30k and most 4k TVs i see are around 40k. So is 50k good enough or can i get a better 4k TV for even less?

No chinese brands. Should be great for gaming especially when PS5 gen comes out.

Yep. And not just TV's too. When I was buying a refridgerator recently at Vijay Sales, that dude told me the same thing. 
Those things have useless smart sh*t as well? Damn man i see myself playing safe from now on. Never gonna buy big TVs especially when they will die around the same short time as their smaller counterparts.

40-43 inch seems sufficient for future right?

55 inch is minimum you should be looking at. 5 - 6 years is a good run for a TV. 
No space man for a 55 inch TV. At max if i do some heavy management i can fit a 43 inch. And as for a 55 inch TV after spending a lakh on it. If it breaks around the same time as a normal 40 something inch one. And the repair cost is 30k ish. I'd actually be able to buy another 43 inch 4k TV for around the same price

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread