The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

7 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Yup i remember the good old time when 40+ inch TVs and 32,37 inch TVs had all the same technology, just the bigger TVs were more vibrant and more connectivity stuff, now i can't buy a new house for a TV, manufacturers need to think about us as well, hell I'd pay the amount if i could get local dimming and VRR in 43 inch size.

@SuperT For the frame 2018 and 2019 models the naming seems confusing one site shows LS003 as 2018 and other shows it as 2019. Some show LS03 as 2019. For the 2020 model i only got a australian website product page.

@dante77 After seeing the difference between QLED and OLED i don't think i can go back to OLED, though will keep the RU7470 in mind strangely it's commonly available for a old TV. Though the colors seem dull to QLED.

RU7470 is not an OLED tv

Yup i remember the good old time when 40+ inch TVs and 32,37 inch TVs had all the same technology, just the bigger TVs were more vibrant and more connectivity stuff, now i can't buy a new house for a TV, manufacturers need to think about us as well, hell I'd pay the amount if i could get local dimming and VRR in 43 inch size.

[mention=22514]SuperT[/mention] For the frame 2018 and 2019 models the naming seems confusing one site shows LS003 as 2018 and other shows it as 2019. Some show LS03 as 2019. For the 2020 model i only got a australian website product page.

[mention=1641]dante77[/mention] After seeing the difference between QLED and OLED i don't think i can go back to OLED, though will keep the RU7470 in mind strangely it's commonly available for a old TV. Though the colors seem dull to QLED.
If you can wait then that would be your best bet. I think in 2021 we will see a lot of the manufacturers launch hdmi 2.1 models. Even the budget brands would launch their models and maybe if you're lucky there might be 43 inch models as well.

If you can wait then that would be your best bet. I think in 2021 we will see a lot of the manufacturers launch hdmi 2.1 models. Even the budget brands would launch their models and maybe if you're lucky there might be 43 inch models as well.
My TV is dead or else i was going to wait till end of 2021

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

RU7470 is not an OLED tv

Is it any good though?

Anyway guys did anyone of you buy from samsung india website ? I might have to buy from there if my local shop can't arrange the model I'm looking for.

Also if you did order from samsung website lemme know how the delivery and installation works? I'll need to buy a samsung universal remote as i need it to pair all functions with my DTH remote and i guess the smart remote that samsung ships has less keys for it to sync all functionality into the DTH remote.

11 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Is it any good though?

Anyway guys did anyone of you buy from samsung india website ? I might have to buy from there if my local shop can't arrange the model I'm looking for.

Also if you did order from samsung website lemme know how the delivery and installation works? I'll need to buy a samsung universal remote as i need it to pair all functions with my DTH remote and i guess the smart remote that samsung ships has less keys for it to sync all functionality into the DTH remote.

Based on the reviews, it is a very good tv. Only shortcomings are poor viewing angles and relatively low peak brightness.

Guys really need a reply on this. I don't think my local go to store is going to have the models I'm looking for they keep trying to sell their 43 inch LG TVs which are all bad. So really need to understand buying from samsung website

On 9/16/2020 at 1:38 PM, NitroNeo said:

3 hours ago, lithuvien said:

The RU7470 does not support 5ghz wifi band, so take that into consideration

Not gonna buy RU7470 TV will go for QLED. I need help regarding above quoted post of mine,

On 9/18/2020 at 1:02 AM, NitroNeo said:

Not gonna buy RU7470 TV will go for QLED. I need help regarding above quoted post of mine,

Toshiba U50 Series 108cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV  with Dolby Vision & ATMOS
https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/toshiba-u50-series-108cm-43-inch-ultra-hd-4k-led-smart-tv-dolby-vision-atmos/p/itmc9bcfac8e5fb9?pid=TVSFRZ43EZYYKNQY&cmpid=product.share.pp

Check this one.

On 9/20/2020 at 9:28 PM, dante77 said:

The Frame 2020 un-available on corporate website as well on FK. Should've ordered earlier. Hopefully the 9k cashback offer remains, otherwise I have to wait BBD sale which is too far this time!

I checked today. It is available on the corporate website

I checked today. It is available on the corporate website
Its a glitch, it says it is available but when you go onto the payment page and pay. It will say "Stock not available" their representative confirmed its a glitch and they will update it.

Man, I really hope stock becomes available before the 12.5% Cashback offer runs out :(

Samsung 2020 led lineups are extremely disappointing , i bought the samsung 50tu8000 at 49k its alright nothing extraordinary for the price, i bought it because of the tvs i checked out. 

I had brought along a pendrive filled with different content to test and none of the other models failed to play them all like samsung did and android/iphone phone pairing was excellent and quick, i was shocked to sony tv 2020 model hang up while trying to play content from my pen drive and a qled lg model froze while i was getting the demo. 

The dealer sucuessfully convinced my family to go for samsung , i personally wanted to get a android tv, any idea on the best android model that matches samsung in 43 to 55 inch class ?

Also whats the stigma on burn-in on qled ?, i was put off on going for one looking at huge stickers plastered on each model saying x years warranty on burn-in

Samsung 2020 led lineups are extremely disappointing , i bought the samsung 50tu8000 at 49k its alright nothing extraordinary for the price, i bought it because of the tvs i checked out. 
I had brought along a pendrive filled with different content to test and none of the other models failed to play them all like samsung did and android/iphone phone pairing was excellent and quick, i was shocked to sony tv 2020 model hang up while trying to play content from my pen drive and a qled lg model froze while i was getting the demo. 
The dealer sucuessfully convinced my family to go for samsung , i personally wanted to get a android tv, any idea on the best android model that matches samsung in 43 to 55 inch class ?
Also whats the stigma on burn-in on qled ?, i was put off on going for one looking at huge stickers plastered on each model saying x years warranty on burn-in
Burn in is a know issue in OLED and not QLED. Samsung uses this as marketing and hence you see the warranty stickers for burn in for Samsung since they make QLED panels.

But if you research online the OLED burn in is an issue which people have observed after 1000s of hours of usage. So I suggest you do your own research before making a decision.

11 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Burn in is a know issue in OLED and not QLED. Samsung uses this as marketing and hence you see the warranty stickers for burn in for Samsung since they make QLED panels.

But if you research online the OLED burn in is an issue which people have observed after 1000s of hours of usage. So I suggest you do your own research before making a decision.

Thanks for the info , i was surpised to see the sticker on samsung qled tv, the qled brightness compared to led display is simply faboulous but the price jump , keeps it out of reach.

On 9/24/2020 at 12:36 PM, dante77 said:

Its a glitch, it says it is available but when you go onto the payment page and pay. It will say "Stock not available" their representative confirmed its a glitch and they will update it.

Man, I really hope stock becomes available before the 12.5% Cashback offer runs out :(

Is this after you complete your payment details or on the payment page itself? 

Edited by lithuvien

12 hours ago, lithuvien said:

Is this after you complete your payment details or on the payment page itself? 

On the payment page itself, like I click on 'Pay Now' and validation error shows up 'Out of stock'

In FK, it is not a available for a long time and there is no news of it. 50 inch is available everywhere. I really hope it comes to stock in this month itself so that I can avail the offer. Trying everyday!

After having a discussion about LG tvs in ps5 thread i would like to have real life opinions of LG C or B series users long term users the better.

How do the flagship C or B series hold up with burn in. Components wear and tear, are replacement parts easy to find. A local shop said that sony tvs don't get replacement parts here for the older models.

How to manually calibrate TVs as i see youtubers say the display have to be calibrated for color accuracy, contrast etc

Also how are LG nanocell TVs i found LG nano86 interesting in terms of looks but i hope it gives good performance.

Right now I'm trying to make space for 49 or 55 inch tv as i failed to find any future ready 43 inch models. The ones that i liked are around the same price as 49 and 55 inch good models and the 43 inchers have little features so i am thinking of going big if i can architect some space in the room.

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread