The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

24 minutes ago, Kushagra said:

So visited 3 stores today to shop for an OLED, and my god what an utter embarrassment. They were bemused when I mentioned the prices at which I'm looking to pick a CX 55" i.e. 1.25L. Couple of them pointed me towards ki, "Sir, online 1.65L ke niche nahi hai, Croma pe dekhiye. Amazon pe 1.8L ki hai! Aap kaha se ye prices le aa rahe hai?" I sheepishly said, some guy on a forum got a price of 1.25L in Mumbai, to promptly get a retort of "Sir, jab aap ye price pe le lijiyega to hume bata dena, hum bhi order laga denge" :wallbash:

Problems of living in a small city I guess!

Might as well cave for a X900H now, 97k is not a bad price on Amazon :suicide:

welcome to my neck of the woods. Enjoy your stay :D

Edited by Walker
  • Sad 1

So I went ahead and visited few stores today.

Long story short: 

LG 55CX : 1.3L after cashback. 1.25L seems doable at the time of buying

Sony 55X90H : 92k after cashback. I don't see it going for less than 90k

Sony 65X90H : 1.37L after cashback. Maybe 1.35L at best

This is in Delhi, quoted by Croma out of all the places. Lol. RD was off by almost 5-14k.

I might go and check out RD in Logix Noida though but not sure if it will be worth it.

Also, I did drive the bargain hard, I am looking to buy a TV and a fridge (90-100k) so they were a bit more interested.

Wasn't able to catch an IPL match on X90H. But football seemed fine, not much judder. It can be made better with tweaking some settings.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Long story short: 

This is in Delhi, quoted by Croma out of all the places. Lol. RD was off by almost 5-14k.

I might go and check out RD in Logix Noida though but not sure if it will be worth it.

Also, I did drive the bargain hard, I am looking to buy a TV and a fridge (90-100k) so they were a bit more interested.

Wasn't able to catch an IPL match on X90H. But football seemed fine, not much judder. It can be made better with tweaking some settings.

Hope this helps.

1.3L is a good price, more in line to what folks from Mumbai were saying. I just wish Croma would offer these prices online, or the offline store would do the needful and ship the telly. I'd buy it immediately. 

Aaj ego bahut hurt kar diya local dukaanwalo ne suna ke! :ranting:

Edited by Kushagra

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

I got my C9 last year for 1.32l (after some shady workarounds by RD). Afaik, only person here who got it at 1.2l was @Sach4life and he had bought 2.

1.3L for C8 here (billed). 1.03 after all cashbacks. :P

6 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Can you please confirm if you got this update abd after update you can enable HDMI 2.1 ports and settings

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Cannot confirm right now as the TV is in Mysore and I’m in Coorg for few months. 

3 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Long story short: 

Hope this helps.

I visited VS store to buy between sony a9g/a8g n lg cx all 55

And i can assure you lg only looks good on paper due to hdmi 2.1 n 120hz 4k

But sony's either model blows away lg completely. 

Cx was offered for 1.5L + free 32'tv + some lg app assured gift with min amount of 2k + 6k cash back + 17k extra for 5 years warranty complete without any haggles

Bought a9g for 1.9L + 6k cashback + wireless headphones 

A8g was for 1.42L + 6k cashback n headphones

6 minutes ago, SkinTightTuna said:

I visited VS store to buy between sony a9g/a8g n lg cx all 55

And i can assure you lg only looks good on paper due to hdmi 2.1 n 120hz 4k

But sony's either model blows away lg completely. 

Cx was offered for 1.5L + free 32'tv + some lg app assured gift with min amount of 2k + 6k cash back + 17k extra for 5 years warranty complete without any haggles

Bought a9g for 1.9L + 6k cashback + wireless headphones 

A8g was for 1.42L + 6k cashback n headphones

That's true. Sony is the better choice for PQ and interface but if I am gonna spend this much then HDMI2.1, VRR should be available.

Really pissed as how Sony didn't add these features when they are available in x90H while being much for expensive than CX.

If you're planning to buy an oled soon don't go with lg just cause of hdmi 2.1 as im pretty sure ps5 games will natively work at 60fps only and 120fps 4k games will be very very rare.

Incase you're still looking to buy a cx then try lg shopee in delhi

someone claims to have bought one with all offers except for 2nd tv for around 119250/- with all cashbacks n offers being extra

Edited by SkinTightTuna

31 minutes ago, SkinTightTuna said:

If you're planning to buy an oled soon don't go with lg just cause of hdmi 2.1 as im pretty sure ps5 games will natively work at 60fps only and 120fps 4k games will be very very rare.

Incase you're still looking to buy a cx then try lg shopee in delhi

someone claims to have bought one with all offers except for 2nd tv for around 119250/- with all cashbacks n offers being extra

Tried today. 1.3L was the best offer after cashback. Maybe a bit more haggling will do.

And also it's about being future proof, I won't change TV again in next 3yrs but by then, pro versions of consoles might come out or streaming becomes a thing at higher refresh rate. 

Plus, my usage includes DTH as in watching sports or something running in the background so I am very wary of burn-in. So might just pick up 65x90H.

Planning to buy by the end of this month, waiting for a better deal.

5 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Tried today. 1.3L was the best offer after cashback. Maybe a bit more haggling will do.

And also it's about being future proof, I won't change TV again in next 3yrs but by then, pro versions of consoles might come out or streaming becomes a thing at higher refresh rate. 

Plus, my usage includes DTH as in watching sports or something running in the background so I am very wary of burn-in. So might just pick up 65x90H.

Planning to buy by the end of this month, waiting for a better deal.

Ill pm you the link where guy bought it soon n will share details of the store

Guys these are the offers on Sony X90H page, nothing on LG india product page, so apart from the offers you mentioned above for CX which seems redundant except cashback are there some places with offers as good as this, cashback + 2 year warranty seem great i can pair it with another 2 years which I'll extend, i don't get the other 3 offers though with soundbar, headphones and google nest, do i have to pay the amount shown or what exactly ?

a096302706421bfbf6f245d35f11806c?fmt=png

Edited by NitroNeo

10 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Guys these are the offers on Sony X90H page, nothing on LG india product page, so apart from the offers you mentioned above for CX which seems redundant except cashback are there some places with offers as good as this, cashback + 2 year warranty seem great i can pair it with another 2 years which I'll extend, i don't get the other 3 offers though with soundbar, headphones and google nest, do i have to pay the amount shown or what exactly ?

a096302706421bfbf6f245d35f11806c?fmt=png

You can let go of free 32" tv and they will reduce 15-20k. That's how 1.3/1.2L prices are quoted. 10% cashback is included in the prices I mentioned above. Other than that 2yrs warranty is kinda given, 1yr total + 1 extra year on the panel. Other than that nest/headphones/soundbar offers don't give a lot.

Edited by kunjanp

9 hours ago, SkinTightTuna said:

Ill pm you the link where guy bought it soon n will share details of the store

Can you also pm me the details, I am also from Delhi and interested in immediate purchase.

15 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Long story short: 

Hope this helps.

Which Croma store in Delhi?, if possible can you share sales executive's phone number.

18 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Which Croma store in Delhi?, if possible can you share sales executive's phone number.

Croma, East of Kailash. I don't have his number. He just took mine and said he will let me know if something else pops up.

Also as mentioned, I was looking to buy multiple items so they might not quote the same price for just one TV.

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread