The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

12 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Plex compresses the audio heavily for that, so it won't be same as the source file.

But better than not playing anything, right ? Unless somebody wants to manually re-encode the tracks one by one, and has the time to do it. 

3 minutes ago, DinJo said:

But in remux you will get secondary audio 

3 minutes ago, adity said:

They removed the support on 2020 models only. Most do but many don't. It's a pain in the a*s to re encode. 

I just checked a sample of my remuxes, and all of them have secondary audio - more often a Dolby track.

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

1 minute ago, adity said:

Some have only dts. For eg Dark Knight. Maybe it's an issue with the specific one I downloaded. 

It's an issue with your file. My DK remux has 11 audio streams, 8 of them Dolby Digital, 3 DTS-HD. 

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It's an issue with your file. My DK remux has 11 audio streams, 8 of them Dolby Digital, 3 DTS-HD. 

The 4k release only has 5 audio must have been someone manually added the audio also the remux only has 1 dts audio track 

5 minutes ago, DinJo said:

The 4k release only has 5 audio must have been someone manually added the audio also the remux only has 1 dts audio track 

~Snip~

Let's discuss over PM. ^_^

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

For LG CX DTS and other codec issues, can we connect the usb drive to the playstation or xbox and then play the movie with the console ? Will doing that make the LG CX normally output unsupported DTS audio or any other unsupported audio and video formats ?

8 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

For LG CX DTS and other codec issues, can we connect the usb drive to the playstation or xbox and then play the movie with the console ? Will doing that make the LG CX normally output unsupported DTS audio or any other unsupported audio and video formats ?

Won't work because the audio will still be routed through the TV. You will need to connect the input device to the some audio solution and then connect the TV. Or use optical.

1 minute ago, kunjanp said:

Won't work because the audio will still be routed through the TV. You will need to connect the input device to the some audio solution and then connect the TV. Or use optical.

So let me get this straight, i will use the TV optical port to connect it to an audio player system with usb slot then connect the usb drive through it, so by doing that i will be able to hear the DTS audio ?

1 minute ago, NitroNeo said:

So let me get this straight, i will use the TV optical port to connect it to an audio player system with usb slot then connect the usb drive through it, so by doing that i will be able to hear the DTS audio ?

No, TV will not output DTS at all, be it HDMI or optical. I meant, you will have to connect your input device to your audio solution via optical and then HDMI from your input goes straight to the TV. This is if you don't want to route your input through your audio solution or if it doesn't have HDMI OUT.

Picked up CX yesterday for 1.28L after all discount and offers. Happy with the price given where I live. However, something I learned after purchase that LG don't offer TV stand for CX, they used to offer it on C9. So, you have to opt for either stand or wall mount during installation. Anyways, the LG Engineer calls me up for installation and I ask for TV stand. The guy tells me he has to place an order, and the stand would arrive in 3-4 days.

Not too fussed as the room is getting white-washed but OLED ka purchasing experience has been something. "Stand nahi hair Sir abhi", matlab :rofl:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kushagra said:

Picked up CX yesterday for 1.28L after all discount and offers. Happy with the price given where I live. However, something I learned after purchase that LG don't offer TV stand for CX, they used to offer it on C9. So, you have to opt for either stand or wall mount during installation. Anyways, the LG Engineer calls me up for installation and I ask for TV stand. The guy tells me he has to place an order, and the stand would arrive in 3-4 days.

Not too fussed as the room is getting white-washed but OLED ka purchasing experience has been something. "Stand nahi hair Sir abhi", matlab :rofl:

WTF is up with the CX line ? So many mistakes. Not giving a stand is :huh:

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

WTF is up with the CX line ? So many mistakes. Not giving a stand is :huh:

Cutting cost, as simple as. 

5 hours ago, adity said:

Yup. Too much unnecessary cost cutting. HDMI bandwidth reduced to 40 gbps from 48 gbps, missing dts support, only get 1 mount.

All these things couldn't have resulted in savings of more than $50 for them. 

If C9 was available, it would be a better buy considering the minimal improvement. 

Mind you, none of these are deal breakers but annoying to see corners cut on a TV that costs as much as this does. 

My dealer had a new boxed C9, but the price difference between the two was less than 10k. I thought it made sense to go with the latest model. However, the C9/CX thread on Era is hilariously one sided in favor of C9.

To me those missing features don't matter but it's disappointing to see the latest rendition miss out on them. 

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread