The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

18 minutes ago, dante77 said:
21 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:
Which TVs are recommended under 50k ? Really don't want to go to ifalccon and the types. 
4k needed. HDR preferred. 

43 or 55? Lg 7300 or its equivalent un7290 OR Samsung RU7470 or there is one more entry level samsung I think. For 55 inch. There is 7300/7290 55 inch model for 53k around.

50 inch+

Frame's for 66k. 50 inch. Not bad. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

50 inch+

Frame's for 66k. 50 inch. Not bad. 
Whoa! Didn't know its going as cheap as 66k. Yeah. Better than the ones I mentioned. Of course reviewers said 50 inch isn't a vfm deal but I don't think you'll get a better PQ at this price. Hdmi 2.1 isn't a deal breaker and you can attach it to a decent sound bar if you think sound is too low.

Of course you'll be disappointed with PQ if you compare it with your oled tv lol.
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Which TVs are recommended under 50k ? Really don't want to go to ifalccon and the types. 

4k needed. HDR preferred. 

I was looking for something similar and wanted to avoid ifalcon, marq etc.,.

Ended up getting Toshiba 55u7980. 55", 4K, FALD with HDR. Cost me about 42,600 INR with cashbacks. Could have fetched it for cheaper on Diwali sale with Flipkart Axis CC.

Very satisfied with my purchase.

10 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I was looking for something similar and wanted to avoid ifalcon, marq etc.,.

Ended up getting Toshiba 55u7980. 55", 4K, FALD with HDR. Cost me about 42,600 INR with cashbacks. Could have fetched it for cheaper on Diwali sale with Flipkart Axis CC.

Very satisfied with my purchase.

Thanks for this. I am actually interested in Toshiba aka Hisense since they do FALD and HDR cheap. But no idea about their after sales. 

How long did it take for them to come install it for you ? And did you have to contact them at any point ?

23 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Thanks for this. I am actually interested in Toshiba aka Hisense since they do FALD and HDR cheap. But no idea about their after sales. 

How long did it take for them to come install it for you ? And did you have to contact them at any point ?

Delivered a day early. Installation guy came as scheduled, and no, I did not have to contact them.

I don't have any idea about the after sales support either, that part was leap of faith :P

Bought the Jeeves 3 year Extended Warranty for 3,950 just to be on the safe side.

Edited by gecko89

After watching this video do avoid samsung q90/95t it's not even worth it at the price, The colors are just meh, I've seen the Q95T in person and it's dull like that, if you are going to spend that much then try other options. Also some of the threads I've seen on hifivision about how horrible samsung service is i can vouch for that as well as they gave me alot of trouble replacing my then new note 10+ and even after replacement it's issue never went away, FYI people reporting samsung service engineers trying their best to avoid replacing the product it's damn real happened for my phone as well.

On 10/29/2020 at 4:10 AM, NitroNeo said:

Samsung TUE60 55 inch goes for 50k around sales. I think hussain here bought it.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Yes, I was considering the hisense and the even the qled tcl.

I ended up buying this just because I know the after sales will be better and because in my personal experience these “get all the expensive features for cheap” brands usually end up not having something or something that doesn’t work like it’s supposed to, I’ve just had bad experiences. Especially considering I don’t know much about tvs so I thought just picking a brand would be safer. 

On 10/29/2020 at 12:59 PM, CodeEvo said:

Guys, Planning to make the jump for the 55' CX. What's the best price I can get if for? Any preferred place in Bangalore?

Visit LG shoppe, Girias and finally Devi International if they both are not able to give good offers.. Go close to Deepavali

On 10/25/2020 at 8:34 PM, kunjanp said:

Bro, I am not sure who is providing you this information.

Today, I visited 4 stores and all 4 of them quoted me 15% till 15k cashback on select Sony 55/65" models on HDFC CC/DC.

So in the end, my cousin bought 65X90H, was billed for 1.48L, 15k cashback mentioned on the charge-slip for final amount of 1.33L

Then, I started billing for 55X90H, stood on top of the biller to see if he is gonna pull any shenanigans with the Model but he chose the correct model, cashback was shown on the POS machine. Went ahead with the sale, was billed for 96k, 15% cashback on this amount is MENTIONED on the charge-slip, for final amount of 81.6k

Both of them include 1+1 warranty plus the free headphones.

I don't need any other evidence other than what my eyes saw and what my charge-slip says. DM to see the charge-slip.

I think I scored a great price.

Which store?

So Frame 2020 55 inch is back in stock. With exchange, I'll get it for 71k. Good price ?

Or should I stick with UM/UN7300 ? 

Is X8000/X8500 a better option ? 

There are so many models it's f**king confusing. Had it been my room, would have just gone for an OLED, but this is for mom dad, and we are looking for something under 80k-ish. 

Edit: The thing that worries me about Frame are 2 extra points of failure - the One Connect cable and the One Connect box. Just the cable is around 200 USD, and significantly higher for OC Box. Both these items have long waiting queue, sometimes months, so if either conks off, the TV is done for. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

15 minutes ago, adity said:

Some dude got X900H for 80k which is a far better TV. Even without bargaining a lot, you can get X900H for 90k ish in the diwali offers. Sony has much better image processing and upscaling so the TV is a better choice for parents and also fits the budget. 

I checked locally. Nobody is budging beyond 1lac. RD and Croma. 

Plus that's a 20-30k increase in price than Frame 55 inch. Parents see a lot of Tata Sky and some Prime and Hotstar. Not too much 4k content. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I checked locally. Nobody is budging beyond 1lac. RD and Croma. 

Plus that's a 20-30k increase in price than Frame 55 inch. Parents see a lot of Tata Sky and some Prime and Hotstar. Not too much 4k content. 

Why dont you take the details from @kunjanp he also bought it in Delhi

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

Why dont you take the details from @kunjanp he also bought it in Delhi

I'm in Noida. Not really going to delhi just for a TV in these times. Plus he said he got 15k cashback for 55 inch model with HDFC, whereas the HDFC festive site itself very clearly mentions only 6k cashback for 55-74 inch screens. 15k is for 75 inch plus. 

All in all, I don't think it'll hit 80k mark anywhere near me. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I'm in Noida. Not really going to delhi just for a TV in these times. Plus he said he got 15k cashback for 55 inch model with HDFC, whereas the HDFC festive site itself very clearly mentions only 6k cashback for 55-74 inch screens. 15k is for 75 inch plus. 

All in all, I don't think it'll hit 80k mark anywhere near me. 

Bro, many people got 15k cashback. It was also updated on Sony's website. @SkinTightTunaalso had the same doubt because of the HDFC's website but ended up confirming it for himself. Cashback is available on 55-65" X900H and 65" A9G. Don't go via the website, visit the stores, you'll find it. Anyone quoting you more than 90k for this TV either doesn't know about the cashback for sure or is taking you for a ride.

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread