The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

The flickering is what the panel issue started with. Every time we would start the fan or light, the TV would flicker for a second or two. Our local guy said it's nothing, just some interference, and the set had major issues within 4 months. 
Which model was it i mean the TV

Local electricians and the custoner service people either lack knowledge or it's just sone huge ploy to get your devices broken every now and then so you spend on buying new ones.

I doubt there are bad electricians everywhere. Most of these people have years of experience and have done wiring work for all sorts of people from casuals to heavy demands like media professionals or even festive equipment contracts abd ceremonies. Yet they give such advice that most of the time is ineffective.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Which model was it i mean the TV

Local electricians and the custoner service people either lack knowledge or it's just sone huge ploy to get your devices broken every now and then so you spend on buying new ones.

I doubt there are bad electricians everywhere. Most of these people have years of experience and have done wiring work for all sorts of people from casuals to heavy demands like media professionals or even festive equipment contracts abd ceremonies. Yet they give such advice that most of the time is ineffective.

It was a Sanyo 49 incher. 

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Whenever i turn the fan on or off. My tv screen turns off and on. This seems to happen on dth and not on tv android home. Yet to test with consoles.

The electrician said this is a common issue in our society area. He said replace the hdmi cable. One person did and it fixed the problem. I asked which cable did the guy buy but the electrician didn't know that

In a seperate incidence my airtel dth just randomly loses it's audio and it comes back on when i remove and reinsert the hdmi cable or turn the tv off and on. Though for 2-3 days now this has not happened.

Did anyone else face this issue. The TV has hdmi 2.0 and 2.1 ports but thd dth i think is hdmi 1.1 or 1.4. I upgraded to airtel HD box back in 2014 or 2015.

So will this cable do the job?
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00REG4NOC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dlC_Uj-QFb8EYVEBC

How can i establish a proper link between the two devices so they can play well with each other?

Since this issue seems to be isolated to DTH, just change the HDMI cable and check. Do you have any other source? Like use the same cable to connect a laptop to your TV using the same HDMI port and check if the problem still persists?

A faulty cable can certainly cause this issue.

Get any decent cable, be it Belkin or Amazon Basics, they will all work fine.

I'll get the amazon basics one then since it is 18 gbps and belkin is 10 gbps.

Another thing my tv has a sticker at the back which shows 50/60 Hz written on it. Shouldn't it be 120 Hz ?

And one important thing how many days do we get to apply for a direct replacement for a TV purchased from a retailer like vijay sales?

Do i get 30 days or just 7 days ? Do reply fast since this is the 6th day from the TV delivery and sonu electronics have already done a screwjob on me

Just get a converter attached to dth plug and see whether it helps also it should affect when someone starts mixer or oven. 

LG service is good depending upon whom you bought mostly lg sellers provide very good service but can't say the same for other seller I had my tv replaced within a month initially a guy came and said everything was OK then I told to run the service test and record values and compare against the threshold they didn't said anything and they replaced the set 

27 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

I'll get the amazon basics one then since it is 18 gbps and belkin is 10 gbps.

Another thing my tv has a sticker at the back which shows 50/60 Hz written on it. Shouldn't it be 120 Hz ?

And one important thing how many days do we get to apply for a direct replacement for a TV purchased from a retailer like vijay sales?

Do i get 30 days or just 7 days ? Do reply fast since this is the 6th day from the TV delivery and sonu electronics have already done a screwjob on me

I guess you are confusing the 50/60 Hz AC frequency, has nothing to do with the refresh rate.

And I am not really sure about direct replacement, but call the guy anyway and give it a try. Tell him that Sony guy told you to do that for quick resolution.

I read about the Samsung steam link app but I can’t find it on my tv. I can’t find any information about it anywhere either. Does anyone here know what happened to it. Can I AirPlay from my iphone/iPad to the tv ? Like steam link on iPad and then airplay that to the tv? 

Apple TV app is not available for X95G. WTF Sony ! Only available for H series aka 2020 models. 

So much for Android TV and app compatibility. [emoji38]
Don't be an itard. App availability is App's fault. So, this is purely Apple. They have some listed tvs which support their apps. They don't even give support for windows FFS!

33 minutes ago, dante77 said:
43 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:
Apple TV app is not available for X95G. WTF Sony ! Only available for H series aka 2020 models. 

So much for Android TV and app compatibility. emoji38.png

Don't be an itard. App availability is App's fault. So, this is purely Apple. They have some listed tvs which support their apps. They don't even give support for windows FFS!

It's been available for H series models for quite while now, so it seems Sony is just favouring the 2020 models to get the latest app, and starving the old models. Nothing to do with Apple, everything to do with Sony. 

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It's been available for H series models for quite while now, so it seems Sony is just favouring the 2020 models to get the latest app, and starving the old models. Nothing to do with Apple, everything to do with Sony. 

I actually read somewhere that Apple only cleared the new Mediatek processor in the H series for their app, not the old one in G series.

But I wouldn't but it past Sony to bring it as a feature for only the H series.

So much for Android TV and app compatibility. [emoji38]
Yeah.
I tried adding the app few days back and was surprised not to find in playstore. Then read online it is available only for specific TV models which I feel is a retarded move. Also read Apple may provide it for all Android TVs in few months.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

I actually read somewhere that Apple only cleared the new Mediatek processor in the H series for their app, not the old one in G series.

But I wouldn't but it past Sony to bring it as a feature for only the H series.

LG did the same initially, but later got it to older models too. 

3 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Yeah.
I tried adding the app few days back and was surprised not to find in playstore. Then read online it is available only for specific TV models which I feel is a retarded move. Also read Apple may provide it for all Android TVs in few months.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Hope so. At least the G series supports Airplay, so can cast. 

All the people who have been hyping Hisense and Toshiba TVs for supposed ‘great’ picture quality and HDR performance. Can you raise your hands so that I can go Michonne on you with a katana?

Edited by Aercy

11 minutes ago, lithuvien said:

A question. How do I know if an app in webos supports 4K? For example, people here have been saying that Disney+ for webos does not support 4K yet. 

Netflix and Hotstar/Disney allows you to check streaming quality.

For the rest, you are pretty much down to guessing.

To my knowledge, only the following supports 4k in WebOS-

Netflix

Prime

Apple TV+

YouTube of course

34 minutes ago, Aercy said:

All the people who have been hyping Hisense and Toshiba TVs for supposed ‘great’ picture quality and HDR performance. Can you raise your hands so that I can go Michonne on you with a katana?

:rofl::rofl:

Deets, please. 

18 minutes ago, lithuvien said:

A question. How do I know if an app in webos supports 4K? For example, people here have been saying that Disney+ for webos does not support 4K yet. 

There's no indication for 4k, but for Netflix, you can download the ThinQ app, pair with TV, and press the "I" button to see bitrate and resolution. 

Prime used to have an indicator saying UHD, but it's gone now. 

Hotstar - no way to know on webos. On android, it let's you check streaming stats. Maybe it allows on Webos too, never tried (go to the settings cog while a video is playing, and see if stats are visible). 

YouTube will let you select/see 4k/HDR resolution. 

Apple TV - Well, cleanest and shiniest of the bunch. I'm sure it's using top quality bitrate and HDR whenever possible. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread